Spousal open work permit extension/transition time

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
After 29th june,I am on implied status.So I am working after that,.I have uploaded my pay stubs later in the file too.
Your husband didn't qualify at the time of applying. You may get a nice officer who will overlook that but expect a refusal.

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Your husband didn't qualify at the time of applying. You may get a nice officer who will overlook that but expect a refusal.
But lawyer told me that you can apply like that.If there is refusal,can I apply again for his open wpBut our visa already has expired on 30 july.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
But lawyer told me that you can apply like that.If there is refusal,can I apply again for his open wpBut our visa already has expired on 30 july.
It doesn't matter what a lawyer told you. A person must qualify at the time of submitting an app. Your husband didn't qualify.

If the app is refused, he could apply for Restoration. If it rejected as incomplete, whether he can apply for Restoration would depend on when the rejection is recieved.

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
It doesn't matter what a lawyer told you. A person must qualify at the time of submitting an app. Your husband didn't qualify.

If the app is refused, he could apply for Restoration. If it rejected as incomplete, whether he can apply for Restoration would depend on when the rejection is recieved.
As per cic,If there is rejection then we have 90 days to restore

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As per cic,If there is rejection then we have 90 days to restore
Incorrect. If the application is refused, you have 90 days from the date of the refusal to apply for Restoration. However, if the application is rejected as incomplete, there was no Implied Status. The person is considered out of status as of the original status expiry, which is July 30th for your husband. If the rejection happens more than 90 days after July 30th, he will not be able to apply for Restoration and will need to leave Canada.

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Incorrect. If the application is refused, you have 90 days from the date of the refusal to apply for Restoration. However, if the application is rejected as incomplete, there was no Implied Status. The person is considered out of status as of the original status expiry, which is July 30th for your husband. If the rejection happens more than 90 days after July 30th, he will not be able to apply for Restoration and will need to leave Canada.
I hope we will get approval.We will get the result before 10 oct,for sure...

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
A TRV is a stamp in your passport that allow you to board a commercial carrier to travel to Canada. It has nothing to do with status in Canada. No one says that and whoever told you that has no clue what they are talking about.

You stated in your previous post that your study permit is valid until April 30th. Is that correct?

Because they want to. You seem to be confusing things and have likely misunderstood. Spousal OWPs are issued for the same validity as the study permit. Spouses of students are not granted work permits for a longer duration than the student's study permit.

The simple answer is that he CAN'T apply for a work permit unless you are also applying for or already have your PGWP and also have a skilled job with 3 payslips.

He needs to apply to change his status to visitor before his work permit expires. The reason to give is the truth.

puporod

Oct 13, 2019
Thank you canuck_in_uk for your reply, I really appreciate it. We couldn't apply together because I was not working at that time.

Which way do you think is better, she applies separately, or with me, given me withdrawing my PGWP application?

If she applies separately, which document should she provide for Family Member Proof of Status? Should it be my study permit, or the PGWP submission confirmation? or a combination of both.

And I guess our pay slips and employment letters should go into the Optional Documents section, isn't it?

Thank you very much for your time.
Hi Pehen, we are in the same situation as you. When I applied for my PGWP, I didn't have the my pay slips and emp letter.
Her permit will expired soon so she will apply through her account. But we got the same question as yours "which document should she provide for Family Member Proof of Status?"

Since my PGWP is still being processed. How did you do? Just sent all letters from your PGWP's application and the ones related to your job? And wrote another letter explaining the situation?

Thank you!

amandeep12

Oct 17, 2019
Hi there,
I have a question regarding SOWP, I got my work permit for 3 years. But now I am having NOC B level job to extend my spouse's work permit. So, anyone can tell me as an NOC B level job, how many hours are required to work per weekly that to be shown in 3 paystubs??
Waiting for replies...
Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there,
I have a question regarding SOWP, I got my work permit for 3 years. But now I am having NOC B level job to extend my spouse's work permit. So, anyone can tell me as an NOC B level job, how many hours are required to work per weekly that to be shown in 3 paystubs??
Waiting for replies...
Thank you
There is no minimum.

amandeep12

Oct 17, 2019
There is no minimum.
Okay, thanks for your reply, because I talked to one of the lawyer, he told us that you must do at least 30 hours per week as a NOC B level job.
So, do you have any cic website link that can sure us about the rules?
If so can you please send.. As, we both are so worried about it..
thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Okay, thanks for your reply, because I talked to one of the lawyer, he told us that you must do at least 30 hours per week as a NOC B level job.
So, do you have any cic website link that can sure us about the rules?
If so can you please send.. As, we both are so worried about it..
thank you
I can't provide proof of an absence of information. If there was a minimum, it would be stated on the IRCC website. The fact that it isn't is proof that there is no minimum.

meetver

Oct 18, 2019
Hi, hope you are doing well. Just wanted to know that how can I apply for the OWP extension for my wife who is currently in my home country. Her visa is expiring on Nov 30,2019. I am currently on work permit and working part time and just got a full time seasonal job this week. Moreover we are also waiting for the express entry results which was filed in May 2019 and will be 6 months on Nov 5,2019.Please suggest. Thanks in advance.