+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit extension/transition time

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
Hello All,

I have a NOC A job and my pay slips come monthly. I want to extend my husband's work permit. can I apply with 2 pay slips? I heard people saying 3 pay slips are required but on CIC website it is not mentioned how many.

On website :
If your spouse has an open work permit (e.g. post-graduation work permit), you must attach a copy of your spouse’s work permit to your application for an open work permit, along with:
  • a letter from your spouse’s current employer that confirms they work there in a NOC 0, A or B occupation, or a copy of your spouse’s employment offer or contract, and
  • a copy of your spouse’s recent pay slips

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All,

I have a NOC A job and my pay slips come monthly. I want to extend my husband's work permit. can I apply with 2 pay slips? I heard people saying 3 pay slips are required but on CIC website it is not mentioned how many.

On website :
If your spouse has an open work permit (e.g. post-graduation work permit), you must attach a copy of your spouse’s work permit to your application for an open work permit, along with:
  • a letter from your spouse’s current employer that confirms they work there in a NOC 0, A or B occupation, or a copy of your spouse’s employment offer or contract, and
It is stated here.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/public-policy-competitiveness-economy.html

Reactions: nilamsavani

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Hello All,

On website :
u both can apply together with ur job letter -noc O,A,B and its ok with 2 pay stubs.U can upload 3rd pay stub later.
Me and my husband applied together with my conditional job letter and pay stubs and we gt approval together.

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
u both can apply together with ur job letter -noc O,A,B and its ok with 2 pay stubs.U can upload 3rd pay stub later.
Me and my husband applied together with my conditional job letter and pay stubs and we gt approval together.
How many paystubs did you put?

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
Intially I just added my job letter.After applying when I got my 1st pay stub,I added that.,and then when 2nd & 3rd pay stubs came..,added it thenafter.
Thanks @gagan24. I do have 2 with me but after reading on CIC's website I thought of applying getting 3rd one. Did you add your paystubs directly on website or you emailed them to CIC? How much time it took to get the aproval for work permit?

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Thanks @gagan24. I do have 2 with me but after reading on CIC's website I thought of applying getting 3rd one. Did you add your paystubs directly on website or you emailed them to CIC? How much time it took to get the aproval for work permit?
i just add into my file.It took normal procesing days.So dnt worry go fr it.

subhshiv1086

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
HI there,
i am new to this forum and have few questions related to spouses's open work permit and we are preparing for arrival in canada as our application is approved.
1-Visa was stamped on 9th october 2019 and is valid until 31st may 2022
2-does stamping corresponds to length of open work permit/study permit?
3-does my spouse need medical insurance in advance when he arrives at port of entry? doesn't canadian GOVT support medical for OWP holders?
4-can he enter canada earlier than me(main applicant) as my study program will start in Feb 2020 and still Border officer will issue work permit to him and he can search for the job before i start my classes.
5-in case we decide to go earlier than the program start day will we be eligible to enter based on the visa stamp date i.e.oct 2019 to may 2022?
6-i will be studying in Quebec and i have CAQ issued which is approved from 15 Jan 2020 will border officer still issue me study permit and OWP to my spouse, as visa is stamped from oct 2019 to may 2022 and if we plan to go in Dec 2019?
7-can my spouse work in canada in skilled job, and he will not need an LMIA based offer letter?

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
i just add into my file.It took normal procesing days.So dnt worry go fr it.
Thanks @gagan24. We applied yesterday night. Do you have any idea for processing time, it will fall into which category? TRV -> Work Permit inside canada or TRV -> Work permit extension. I am worried because if it is type of Work permit extension then its 4 months from now and I won't have enough time to renew his visa.

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Thanks @gagan24. We applied yesterday night. Do you have any idea for processing time, it will fall into which category? TRV -> Work Permit inside canada or TRV -> Work permit extension. I am worried because if it is type of Work permit extension then its 4 months from now and I won't have enough time to renew his visa.
its work permit extension and yes it is taking approx 4 months now.

UD Chigal

Aug 20, 2018
Hi everyone,
Hope you all are doing well! I have a question that I applied for my husband's OWP extension on the basis of my PGWP on 29th July, 2019. I got email last week that I have to submit additional documents regarding my recent job letter and 5 pay stubs. I did it yesterday, Can anybody tell me how long does it take to get decision now. Moreover, is there any chance of refusal?

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
Hope you all are doing well! I have a question that I applied for my husband's OWP extension on the basis of my PGWP on 29th July, 2019. I got email last week that I have to submit additional documents regarding my recent job letter and 5 pay stubs. I did it yesterday, Can anybody tell me how long does it take to get decision now. Moreover, is there any chance of refusal?
Hi,
What documents did you upload earlier? Does your job fall under NOC 0, A or B?

UD Chigal

Aug 20, 2018
Yeah, its under NOC B level. I uploaded job letter and PGWP but at that time I uploaded letter which states that I just started the supervisor job. I had only one pay stub at that time. I think that's why they need more pay stubs and recent employment letter.

nilamsavani

Nov 2, 2019
Yeah, its under NOC B level. I uploaded job letter and PGWP but at that time I uploaded a letter which states that I just started the supervisor job. I had only one pay stub at that time. I think that's why they need more pay stubs and recent employment letter.
I think they only need 3 paystubs I am not getting why they have asked you for 5 paystubs. Though it totally depends on the officer who is reviewing our file. A friend of mine got his wife's OWP based on only 2 paystubs.
I have also just applied last week for my husband's OWP and I uploaded 2 payslips only as at that time I was having only 2 with an employment letter.

Wish you good luck!