N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
RCVmini said:
Yeah I've been hearing that some people who sent theirs in in early may are still waiting. Doesn't seem like there is a proper order of first come first serve.

Then again maybe I was faster because my sponsorship situation is pretty simple. (I work for the federal government, never been married, no criminal record, no kids, and I have a gov security clearance with a full 20 year background check done on me already for work)
I also work for the government, have never been married, no criminal record, no kids, have government security clearance......doesn't seem to help me.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I also work for the government, have never been married, no criminal record, no kids, have government security clearance......doesn't seem to help me.
no RCVmini was just lucky!!! we are all treated the same at CIC....and then it is all up to your VO...New Delhi VO seems to be the fastest.....

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
CanadianJeepGuy said:
All those factors were just a guess. I would be curious hear from someone here actually knows the process (as in works with/in CPC mississauga) I could be many things. For me, while I am glad mine is moved on to Singapore I would like to know why my package was returned when clearly I wasn't missing any info as I handed in the same application after checking, double checking and triple checking everything before sending it back.

For me the fact that my paperwork was clearly correct yet I had no way of contacting someone about this issue makes it clear CIC is NOT into having people question them or overly care about being accountable.

Even though my package has been moved on to the regional office, I now have to wait at the VO that has one of the longest wait times (average 20 months!) before this can be all said and done.

I am used to being sent away from home/family for extended periods of time but for me its more about why the process is so slow. 20 months average wait time to be seems unacceptable esp when compared to other VOs.

As a manager I would want to know why that office is running into such delays and what measures could be employed to bring the QOS in line with other offices.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
RCVmini said:
For me the fact that my paperwork was clearly correct yet I had no way of contacting someone about this issue makes it clear CIC is NOT into having people question them or overly care about being accountable.

Even though my package has been moved on to the regional office, I now have to wait at the VO that has one of the longest wait times (average 20 months!) before this can be all said and done.

I am used to being sent away from home/family for extended periods of time but for me its more about why the process is so slow. 20 months average wait time to be seems unacceptable esp when compared to other VOs.

As a manager I would want to know why that office is running into such delays and what measures could be employed to bring the QOS in line with other offices.
Agreed.

There doesn't seem to be any "triage" like structure. Whereby the applications that are more straightforward and complete would move faster. At the very least an induction process to at least verify the application has been received and is waiting to be reviewed.
From reading through many of the threads here I can certainly understand the complexity of required documentation etc. but an application that has all the supporting documents to the application should be a quick process. No more than 6 months total.

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Agreed.

There doesn't seem to be any "triage" like structure. Whereby the applications that are more straightforward and complete would move faster. At the very least an induction process to at least verify the application has been received and is waiting to be reviewed.
From reading through many of the threads here I can certainly understand the complexity of required documentation etc. but an application that has all the supporting documents to the application should be a quick process. No more than 6 months total.
*** I can't agree more! with you. You are completely right. Who will tell them (CIC) all this suggestions to the right place? I don't think any government agent (CIC) is reading this thread. Some immigration consultants/lawyers are 'smiling' at our plight, b/c they have more chances to make money if we do more mistakes in the application...Right ? Thanks mate..

Kiri

Jan 31, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012 App. Return....: 30-8-2012 App. Refiled....: 02-01-2013
Doc's Request.
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-01-2013 Mississauga 10-05-2013 Ottawa
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Request
23-07-2013 (New XRay)
Med's Done....
11-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision Made 03-09-2013 without PPR
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-12-2013
Well well you're not the only May applicant this happened to...

This just happened to me after 100+ days waiting. *sigh* My forms were in there, in the 'official papers' folder with principal applicant papers too though.... ugh. Can't they just pick those off the damn top? Lazy idiots.