Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
To give you a bit of perspective, this is how I organized the different forms (all IMM forms with supporting documents in a plastic sleeve):

Sponsor:

1. Document checklist filled out with all supporting documents - passport ID, letter from employer, and so on (in order as they appear on the list + an appendix for any forms I did not include because they were not applicable to my situation + any explanatory notes);

2. IMM1344 with barcodes on top + supporting documents + any explanatory notes;

3. IMM5481 + supporting documents + any explanatory notes'

4. Official receipt with sponsor's information;

5. IMM5540 + supporting documents + any explanatory notes.

Principal Applicant:

1. Document checklist filled out with all supporting documents - notarized translations of marriage license, birth certificate, and so on (in order as they appear on the list + an appendix for any forms my wife did not include because they were not applicable to her situation + any explanatory notes);

2. IMM0008 with barcodes on top + supporting documents + any explanatory notes;

3. IMM5669 + supporting documents + any explanatory notes;

4. IMM5406

5. IMM5490 + supporting documents + any explanatory notes.

Then we had three additional envelopes containing proof of relationship documents (1. pictures x 160 from 2005 to present - including pictures of our son, 2. samples of cards exchanged between my wife and myself as well as from my family in Canada, and 3. travel documents - airline tickets, hotel invoices, etc...).

We tried to keep it all as organized as we could. On each plastic sleeve we printed off a sticker and stuck it on the front detailing the contents. We also printed the same label on A4 paper and put it inside the sleeve just in case they got rid of the sleeve. We made it 'idiot proof' because we know how it is when dealing with governments (notice I didn't specify only the Canadian government...plural...all governments are extremely difficult to deal with and you know the level of service will likely be non-existent unless you get very lucky!!!).

The annoying thing is the newest document checklist (sponsor). At the bottom, it says "Sponsor" then under that heading all the information requested is actually for the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT...NOT the sponsor!! They change the form and then make a mistake...I suppose this is typical of governments.

Anyways, get on the horn with CIC and find out what the problem is and if the agent is unprofessional, state that loud and clear (in a professional manner) and immediately request to speak to a supervisor. If that doesn't work, call back...specify that you definitely want this call recorded...

Hope it all works out for you and that you can get your application back on track as quickly as possible!!

FS

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
RCVmini said:
Fencesitter - I finished the application in May, sent it off 3rd May and got it back on the 24th.
What I don´t understand, CIC needs for the first step 70something days to process the application, before they send it to the outland VO? And until then, they don´t even open the application? How come they opened it within 1 or 2 weeks? Maybe they opened it by mistake and it got mixed up with another application?

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
I just wanted to let you know that they DO go through your spouses application and information to make sure the application is accurate and complete. Mine was returned to me for a form that was in my husbands application that was signed in the wrong spot.

Could it be that the fact that you put it in a folder be the problem? When I applied they specifically said Do not put documents in envelopes or folders and use paperclips not staples. Now granted this could have changed since I applied as there have been many changes to the forms since.

Just a suggestion but I would get rid of the folder. I put everything in order on the checklist starting with my information and then all my husbands information. They know very well what needs to be sent. I would just use the KISS principle and not add any folders.

And definitely have a friend go through it. I had 2 friends go through mine just to be sure.

Best of luck with your application. I know how incredibly frustrating it is to have your app returned.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
yes i second that; they do go through the whole package; some ppl were asked for their medical exam, the medicals of the dependants (children) from the beginning; they do open everything

i don't think the envelopes r a problem though; it's true that they say without but u need some kind of basic organization; maybe a transparent envelope would b better (that's what we had); but definately put everything in the order of the checklist; as for stapling, i advise against; they do need to photocopy and it will give them more headache; some basic binding/separators will do!! (although i did hear before that they remove all that - folders, binders, separators and they will put everything the way they r used to have them)...most important: make sure all the forms r there, all the questions r answered (no missing n/a) all the signatures present and the date :) (also don't forget the bar codes!!)

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
Thanks everyone for the advice.

I have spent all morning rechecking my documents and see nothing wrong. I am very well versed with government documents and version numbers as I work for the Federal Government myself.

I did call CIC this morning and the person on the phone had a VERY poor attitude. I am a well educated middle level management professional with a university degree and on the way to an MBA. I would consider myself a professional.

The call with the CIC rep was very patronizing and annoying. She seemed to think that everyone who calls must be an idiot.

Even though it annoyed her I went through again and double checked the date code on the bottom right of ALL the IMM forms to insure they were current. Her answer was "well I'm not sure but whatever the website says" but I made her check on her own system anyways.

She was unable to answer why my application was sent back (was it the form was filled out wrong or was it that it was a wrong version or did they think it was missing etc)

I stated the case that the rest of my application was in a mess when i got it back but the Clear folder my wife’s portion was untouched and I didn't think they had opened it.

I suggested that perhaps it was an error on the side of the person checking documents and that I should just lay it out without folder and resend it.

Her reply was very defensive. She said "well you know they are very busy, they can't go and check everything through all the time". I nearly lost my mind but then I realized that she didn't really care or have any stake in my case.

I find it funny to note that there is NO avenue for grievance or to get further clarification. I suspect these call center reps are very low level government workers. I am used to dealing with higher level government managers that have some sort of accountability.

This is a very eye opening experience for me.

So it looks like I will just have to reorganize my documents, send them in and hope for the best.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Sounds like you have everything organised. I would still suggest leaving out the folder and simply have them in the order on the checklist and send again.

As a lot of us here know it is incredibly frustrating to try to talk with someone who does not give a hoot about you and yet their "people" have your future in their hands and can seem to take as long as they like or find whatever issue they want with no accountability at all.

One woman on here found blatant lies in the VO's notes regarding her husbands interview answers and he was denied on those lies. Thankfully she is appealing and has evidence to back themselves up.

We are just an ID number to them. No MBA or position or authority means anything to them. Sad but true.

The way your letter is stated it sounds like they have grunts that open all the applications and do the checking because it says before it can be put in queue for processing all the documents must be there. I am guessing that the person opened it... could have been sticky about the folder... could have just been an idiot... could not find the forms easily and simply sent it back. Because it sounds like once they have someone check it only then is it put in queue for processing. But ... like most things with immigration I am just guessing and we will never know I am sure.

Wishing you the best in your resubmission!

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
I am now sure it is "grunts" opening the packages. The thing is in my Government department we have official avenues for anyone to file a complaint or address problems. For them it seems like there is none, to me that means accountability is VERY low at that office.

The comment about my management position and MBA was not to imply that I should get special treatment, it was just to indicate that my gauge of their professionalism was not just some arbitrary rant.

I have now rechecked my documents, re-validated them online to be sure and I am still sure it was a matter of laziness on the part of the “grunt”.

I will resubmit and update the members here. I am going to file all the IMM documents in order of the checklist.

I thank you all for your input.

rairah

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
14-08-2012... Approved: 16-08-2012
Med's Done....
03-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
31-01-2013
Same boat. Mine were returned on the end of April because I had the old forms, and also I think they prefer that you do it online due to the new barcode stuff. But anyway, if you sent all the correct forms, and you validated it online to formulate the barcode (which you also needed to print and submit with the applications) then maybe they have overlooked it. But the other comments in this thread about just putting all the papers in one single file is true. Some of my friends who have sponsored their spouses before told me to keep the forms plain and simple. Just fix them on top of each other, no need for other fancy envelopes or folders to keep them apart, and just normal paper clips to sort them, no need for the bulky clips, then I think that's it. That way, they won't have to overlook the other files. Hope that helps.

I feel your pain too. It sucks for me too when mine got. returned.

in_can

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
25-06-12
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Request
Sent already
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
13-07-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-12 (Started processing on ecas,Visa has same date)
LANDED..........
Soon...
rairah,

When did you send your application?
Just trying to figure out if they check applications for correct forms missing documents for current deadline of 90 days?

rairah said:
Same boat. Mine were returned on the end of April because I had the old forms, and also I think they prefer that you do it online due to the new barcode stuff. But anyway, if you sent all the correct forms, and you validated it online to formulate the barcode (which you also needed to print and submit with the applications) then maybe they have overlooked it. But the other comments in this thread about just putting all the papers in one single file is true. Some of my friends who have sponsored their spouses before told me to keep the forms plain and simple. Just fix them on top of each other, no need for other fancy envelopes or folders to keep them apart, and just normal paper clips to sort them, no need for the bulky clips, then I think that's it. That way, they won't have to overlook the other files. Hope that helps.

rairah

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
03-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
31-01-2013
@in_can:

I sent back my application on May 11, 2012 via priority, so my May 14, 2012 they have received it.

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
rairah said:

That is the silly thing, I looked up the bullitens they mention 235b and 326 and they actually state the old forms will NOT produce bar-codes and even have some different letter designations.

All my forms were printed and done online at end of April/begining of May so the ARE the current ones as the last revision happend in Febuary 2012. One of the forms still dates back to 07-2011 as the newest version.

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
rairah said:

When did you send them for the first time round? Jan or feb

rairah

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
03-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
LANDED..........
31-01-2013
@Lily_TV

I sent them for the first time around on April 10 thru priority mail, so they got it April 11, then it was returned to me on April 27....

nole73

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2012
AOR Received.
Vienna AOR 26-09-2012; "In Process" 10-10-2012
File Transfer...
02-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
PPR & Police Certificate - 19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
10-12-2012
Sorry to hear for your trouble. I've sent mine on May 3 as well and have not heard anything back yet. I also checked 'my' versions of the documents that you mentioned and they are identical to what CIC requires. It is unfortunate that some people are having issues with versions of forms after all the work that was done during their preparation. Just be strong and try to get the exact answer what went wrong. From what I read, this looks like a human error. It will be OK at the end, just don't worry. Must be frustrating, but it's all about the journey, isn't it? ;)

Good luck and please keep us posted...

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hi everyone!!

Seems Im not alone..I actually have the same case with RCVmini they also returned the whole package just because of the old form IMM 1344 which has a barcode already. I sent my application last April 17 and on May 8 my husband received the package back to his mailbox! We both are really frustrated but we dont have choice but to redo the form and send it back again..I just hope this time it will be ok. Im Always praying for that. Let's not lost hope. There will aways be a brighter side in this waiting game.

Goodluck to all of us! God bless us all!