06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
I'm a little steamed right now :mad:

I just received back the package I had sent to CPC Mississauga. The letter said I was MISSING some forums on my application. I was NOT. I seemed that someone had riffled though my application quickly and hastily put the papers back together and mailed it back to me. I had intentionally kept my wife's IMM 008 and her personal info in a separate CLEAR FOLDER so that my sponsor docks would not get mixed with her sponsored docs. 2 of the listed missing docs were in there, I completed the CHECK LIST and sent all the papers. The other IMM1344 is there as well.

It seems VERY clear to me that the person looking at the docks did NOT open her package.

The letter states I'm missing the docs but I am not. I will call them tomorrow to find out if there could be another reason. The forums are filled out and completely signed.

It seems to me someone did a rush job and sent me a PRE-FORMATTED response letter.

I want to send my application back right away but I will call them first to get some answers (although I am not hopeful.

This STINKS of lazy rushed work on the part of whom ever looked at my package.

Has anyone else ran into a problem like this?

I will likely try and file a complaint but I think it will go nowhere.

The letter bellow;

"Dear Sponsor,

This letter refers to the application to sponsor a member of the family class which you submitted to this office. We are returning your UNPROCESSED application as we cannot process it as submitted.

Regulation 10(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations sates that an application must be submitted using the forms provided by the Department, Only applications meeting R10 will be placed in the queue for processing.

Your application is being returned to you, UNPROCESSED, for the following reason:

As per Citizenship and Immigration Canada guidelines, Operational Bulletins 325B (February 6, 2012)
and 226 (July 18,2011), applications received after March 31, 2012 must include the following forms:

• Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship agreement and undertaining IMM1344 02/2012);
    • Generic Application form for Canada (IMM0008 02/2012); and
      • Schedule A (IMM5669 07-2011) - as opposed to IMM008 Schedule 1 (if applicable)

OLDER VERSIONS OF THESE FORMS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED. To determine the current forms please look for the IMM form number and issue date at the bottom left hand corner of the first page of each form (pictured bellow).

The most current forms are available at (CIC Link)"

The IMM 008 and IMM5669 were all in the untouched clear folder. The forms are also properly dated with the most current version on the cic website where I did my application!!!!

IMM1344 is the 02/2012 version. The letter doesn't say if it was MISSING or the WRONG version because it is a formatted letter.

This is VERY VERY annoying.

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
I think could be the old forms you sent
Did you check the version of your doc's?
Cuz maybe you sent the old ones and as they said on the letter you should send 2012 version
I think you can check this on the botton of the forms.

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
Thank you for replying. Yes the first thing I did was check the version of my documents against the ones on the website TODAY. They are current.

While filling out the forms a few weeks ago I used the cic website and did it directly on computer using the VALIDATE function.

Like I said my papers came back in a mess and out of order except for the section in the see-through clear plastic sub folder I had placed all my wife's IMM forms and her ID forms. It was clear to me they had not been taken out of that package.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
RCVmini said:
Thank you for replying. Yes the first thing I did was check the version of my documents against the ones on the website TODAY. They are current.

While filling out the forms a few weeks ago I used the cic website and did it directly on computer using the VALIDATE function.

Like I said my papers came back in a mess and out of order except for the section in the see-through clear plastic sub folder I had placed all my wife's IMM forms and her ID forms. It was clear to me they had not been taken out of that package.
Maybe they just missed it. Unfortunately we are all humans and all make mistakes at work. Maybe this is why they prefer everything being clipped together in order according to the check list in one pile rather than put in separate files and such. If the forms weren't in order as expected then they would have assumed they were missing. But I see one of the forms should have been in your file but you said they were in HER folder. So if they were mixed up maybe that is why? I am sorry you got your file returned.

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
yes its a good point you make. Ironically I work for the federal government as well and I know how lethargic some workers can be.

Good idea about putting the documents in the order of the check list. I'm going to do that this time and keep all the supporting documents in a separate stack behind all the IMM forms.

I just would have expected that since I did fill out the check list they would have realized that I did include all the forms.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
RCVmini said:
yes its a good point you make. Ironically I work for the federal government as well and I know how lethargic some workers can be.

Good idea about putting the documents in the order of the check list. I'm going to do that this time and keep all the supporting documents in a separate stack behind all the IMM forms.

I just would have expected that since I did fill out the check list they would have realized that I did include all the forms.
That is good. I just hope there isn't something wrong that you don't realize because you don't want it sent back again. Have a friend go through it or something. Is everything signed? Print a new check list and be very careful. I stapled everything which everyone says not to do. And it was just put in one pile. I didn't get fancy like a lot of people with folders and clips and envelopes and 150 pages of chat logs. LOL. I was approved in 85 days and the estimate is 90. So luckily it worked out. Just keep it simple. I'd also attach a letter in front of the check list. Keep it short and simple or they might not read it. Say it was sent back but you are sure everything was there and you double checked and politely ask them to please be very careful because you don't want it returned again. Mail it express! Every day matters with these slow processing times!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
They don't go through your wife's part since that part is for Buffalo, not CIC-M. What they are asking for is supposed to be with -your- part of the application. Make sure you have it all in order and together, not different parents with hers and different parts with yours.

That's just what it sounds like to me anyway, I can't be 100% sure.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
parker24 said:
They don't go through your wife's part since that part is for Buffalo, not CIC-M. What they are asking for is supposed to be with -your- part of the application. Make sure you have it all in order and together, not different parents with hers and different parts with yours.

That's just what it sounds like to me anyway, I can't be 100% sure.
Oh that is a good point. I think that is what happened.

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
canadian girl
- Thanks I will be having someone look at it again however I am sure it was an issue of the receiver not doing a thorough job.

I am going to stop by the CIC office (which is litterally next door to my condo building) and ask them about the currency of the forms (even though last time I was there they said they only dealt with inland applications) to see if there is any issue.

parker
- Understand what your trying to say however they listed the IMM008 as a missing and that is a form and that is to be filled out by my wife.

Even if part of it is processed by the VISA office the CPC Mississauga's job is to insure the application is correct, which would mean checking ALL documents.

Good point made by both however that when I return it i will insure that all the IMM forms are at the top and in order of the checklist with a cover letter stating that fact.

p.s. I am sponsoring my wife from Vietnam so after Mississauga it should be sent to Singapore.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Oh that is true. They must have gone through her portion if they said she has missing papers. Drat. Well good luck figuring it out and I am sorry this happened!

RCVmini said:
canadian girl
- Thanks I will be having someone look at it again however I am sure it was an issue of the receiver not doing a thorough job.

I am going to stop by the CIC office (which is litterally next door to my condo building) and ask them about the currency of the forms (even though last time I was there they said they only dealt with inland applications) to see if there is any issue.

parker
- Understand what your trying to say however they listed the IMM008 as a missing and that is a form and that is to be filled out by my wife.

Even if part of it is processed by the VISA office the CPC Mississauga's job is to insure the application is correct, which would mean checking ALL documents.

Good point made by both however that when I return it i will insure that all the IMM forms are at the top and in order of the checklist with a cover letter stating that fact.

p.s. I am sponsoring my wife from Vietnam so after Mississauga it should be sent to Singapore.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
When did CIC-M receive the package? In other words, how long did it take from the time they received it to the time you received it back? 1-month? 2?

Did you include the newest document checklist? They updated it not very long ago, perhaps this is the issue? Sounds like the person who looked through your application didn't do a good job. Sadly, there isn't a whole lot you can do in terms of lodging a formal complaint.

I hope you get this sorted out soon and that everything goes smoothly when CIC-M receives your package!!!

FS

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
Fencesitter - I finished the application in May, sent it off 3rd May and got it back on the 24th.

The first thing I did was check the currency of my forums according to instructions. They are the same ones that are listed on the CIC site today (date code on the IMM forms 02 1012) they seemed to have changed the forms on those dates so mine should have been fine. The date codes haven't changed.

The forms are all there, filled out and signed with "NIL or NONE" indicated as per the application guideline.

The reason I concluded that the person that looked through it did a poor job is because of 2 things
1) clear folder had all its papers in unopened condition
2) the rest of my papers were clearly taken apart and randomly put back together.

As I've said I'll check with the local CIC office, call them tomorrow and then if nothing is wrong mail it back right away but this time with the IMM pages in the order of the check list.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
What really angers me is the fact that you are being processed via Singapore. CIC should keep this in mind, as you already have a long wait!!! I'm very sorry for you, BUT, it will be fine this time around!!!!

So, I'm guessing that since my application was received on April 13, if there was a similar problem, they would have already sent the entire application package back to me. Does this sound about right?

It also raises the issue that they DO look at files before processing them to ensure completeness. In this case, they screwed up big time!

Get everything sorted and sent back ASAP!!!

FS

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
Yes I would assume that if you sent it 13 april and haven't had it sent back you should be ok.

I agree the wait will be long... even longer now.

This process was already delayed because embassy officials in Hanoi decided to send the only people who could process the needed paper work on vacation during xmas of last year. This caused enough of a delay in my marriage application with the Vietnamese government that I had to make a 2nd trip back 3 months later.

So far not impressed....

thanh245

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2012
Doc's Request.
March 24, 2014
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Request
March 24-2014
Med's Done....
April 4-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 1st,2014-sent may 9.Decision made June 12
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
Damn that sucks to hear your story. I feel your pain. Good luck.