+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

S.a10

Sep 20, 2019
Thank you it will be a mixed marriage.I will do that for sure makes sense.I am more concerned to be honest about getting the documents translated to Arabic do we have that service here in Canada.?
I don’t think it has to translated to Arabic it can also be French. I will double check with my husband to make sure.

Jbaina

Feb 5, 2020
That is good news but I did not see any information about the test results ticking after test results are released. Can anyone confirm that?
Hello there,

I just wanted to share my experience with you as I landed in Morocco 5 days ago. The 72 hours deadline applies to the PCR results and not to the date it was undergone. At the check in they will check your results and will add a note to your boarding pass stating the date you got the PCR results. If you are in toronto I would advise you to undergo your PCR test at the women's college hospital as the turnaround time of getting the results is very swift.i got mine in less than 24 hours (test was done Oct 13 at 10.30 a.m and the results were released the next day at around 3 a.m and my flight was on the 16th with Royal Air Maroc). Upon landing in Morocco, they will ask you to show the printed PCR results but honestly the verification process was not thorough at all.

Good luck to all

Reactions: astrosal

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
Hello there,

I just wanted to share my experience with you as I landed in Morocco 5 days ago. The 72 hours deadline applies to the PCR results and not to the date it was undergone. At the check in they will check your results and will add a note to your boarding pass stating the date you got the PCR results. If you are in toronto I would advise you to undergo your PCR test at the women's college hospital as the turnaround time of getting the results is very swift.i got mine in less than 24 hours (test was done Oct 13 at 10.30 a.m and the results were released the next day at around 3 a.m and my flight was on the 16th with Royal Air Maroc). Upon landing in Morocco, they will ask you to show the printed PCR results but honestly the verification process was not thorough at all.

Good luck to all
Thank you very much for the reply. I live in Victoria and I have yet to find a place where they can provide me with the results that fast.

On a positive note, I heard a lot of people getting their PRs from Rabat. Tractions seems to finally be happening. Hopefully we are all next.

Reactions: ginabrigi

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
I posted this on another thread but did not get a response so I am hoping someone here can assist.

My wife completed her biometrics in March 2020. Last week they asked her for proof of recent contact, new police certificate (because they are only valid for 3 months) and new biometrics. I was surprised that they asked her for biometrics since she already completed her biometrics in March and was given a biometrics enrollment number.

They did not give us a clear answer when we asked them why did we have to do another biometrics. They simply said that they could not find her biometrics file which does not make any sense because we showed them the biometrics number for March 2020, which is of course valid for 10 years.

I have two questions:

1. Will there be a delay in her application because if the new biometrics number with a later date?
2. What possible reasons are there to redo biometrics?

Thanks in advance

ginabrigi

Oct 24, 2018
Thank you very much for the reply. I live in Victoria and I have yet to find a place where they can provide me with the results that fast.

On a positive note, I heard a lot of people getting their PRs from Rabat. Tractions seems to finally be happening. Hopefully we are all next.
I hope so we are waiting to re open our file after winning our appeal and we hope everything will happen fast

Ahmed527

Feb 5, 2021
Can anyone please tell me a good place to take visa photos in Marrakech? And how to mail documents to Rabat VO, what service usually public use to send additional documents to Embassy except for VAC

Last edited:

Lizzielulu

Jul 15, 2021
Plan things well (prepare your paperwork/documents) and schedule your appointments at the embassy. That should save you time.
Took us about 2 weeks to complete the entire process. We lost time translating documents, slow police processing and travelling back and forth between Rabat and my spouse’s village.
Hello, thank you for the information. For finger printing, can that be done in Canada and brought with or is that something that needs to be completed there? *Sorry completely new to this process*

Amlou

Aug 12, 2020
Anyone else waiting after medical is done?
Is it odd that the medical was passed 4 months ago and we haven’t gotten an update since?

LoveMaroc999

Nov 19, 2021
Application Received: 22/Feb/2021
Sponsorship Approval/Medical/Bio: April/2021
Moved to Visa Office: 10/May/2021
Visa Office In Progress: 10/June/2021
Nothing after that.

Issued GCMS note, found waiting for officer review since June 10th so technically more than 5 months the file is sitting in the useless bin.

Webform, complaining IRCC(actually idea given by an IRCC call centre agent) didn’t do any good. Planning for contacting to local MP. Also planning to draft another letter to PM’s office.