+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

Jbaina

Feb 5, 2020
wow that’s some good news. My wife also got a call yesterday oct 5 from the Rabat and they told her that they will send her a letter by mail. Agent said: your medical is about to expire in december. Would you be interested to go before that date to Canada? She said yes of course. He said ok .. you will get a letter by mail. He confirmed her mailing address. And he said have a nice day. What do you think that letter could be ?!Did you receive the interview letter by mail?
Hello there,

That is a good sign! i really hope that i m not wrong but based of what you just mentioned, i strongly believe that they will be sending her the pre-arrival instructions and ask for her passport to be stamped.

best of luck!

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
The status has finally changed today to “decision Made” on ecas.

Application externe: moroccan canadian citizen husband in Vancouver, BC canada. Moroccan Spouse in Morocco.
  1. application received on October 11, 2019.
  2. Sponsor approved Nov 26
  3. Spouse Biometric requested Nov 26
  4. Spouse medical requested on November 27, 2019
  5. Spouse Biometric and medical done Dec 4 & 5
  6. Spouse Medical results have been received by IRCC Dec 11
  7. File transferred to Rabat, Morocco Jan 7.
  8. Sept 10 : supplementary info needed: chat conversations, more pictures, proof of money transfers
  9. Oct 9 : Decision Made on ecas while nothing has changed on Gckey IRCC website
  10. Oct 9: email Letter received asking to bring passport
    IRCC website showing 2 days left to reach the one year mark!

Last edited:

Jbaina

Feb 5, 2020
The status has finally changed today to “decision Made” on ecas.

Application externe: moroccan canadian citizen husband in Vancouver, BC canada. Moroccan Spouse in Morocco.
  1. application received on October 11, 2019.
  2. Sponsor approved Nov 26
  3. Spouse Biometric requested Nov 26
  4. Spouse medical requested on November 27, 2019
  5. Spouse Biometric and medical done Dec 4 & 5
  6. Spouse Medical results have been received by IRCC Dec 11
  7. File transferred to Rabat, Morocco Jan 7.
  8. Sept 10 : supplementary info needed: chat conversations, more pictures, proof of money transfers
  9. Oct 9 : Decision Made on ecas while nothing has changed on Gckey IRCC website
  10. Letter asking to bring passport
    IRCC website showing 2 days left to reach the one year mark!
Congratulations! so happy for you and Glad that this hectic and tedious process has come to fruition to you and your wife.

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
Hi there,

as per the Moroccan airlines website ( the canadian french version), it is specified that the 72 hours deadline starts ticking from the time the results have been released and not from the time the PCR test was undergone.

https://www.royalairmaroc.com/ca-fr/information/delays-and-disruptions

you may wanna give them a call just to make sure.
That is good news but I did not see any information about the test results ticking after test results are released. Can anyone confirm that?

Jbaina

Feb 5, 2020
That is good news but I did not see any information about the test results ticking after test results are released. Can anyone confirm that?
Hi there,

i was referring to this sentence which appears on the aforementioned Royal Air Maroc Link that i posted earlier.
Actualisation des dispositions commerciales suite à la reconduction du programme des vols spéciaux de Royal Air Maroc
Dernière mise à jour 2020-10-09 21:20:11.0

Suite à la décision des autorités marocaines d’alléger les conditions d’accès au territoire national et ce à compter du 01 Octobre 2020, Royal Air Maroc a le plaisir de vous annoncer que tout voyageur exempté de l’obligation de visa, peut se rendre au Maroc s’il présente un test PCR négatif dont les résultats ont été émis 72 heures maximum avant l’heure de départ, et n’a plus obligation de présenter le test sérologique.

If translated to english, it reads: any Traveller who is exempted from obtaining a Visa, can can travel to Morocco if he presents a negative PCR test of which the results were issued 72 hours maximum before the departure time. Serological test is no longer required.

But as i said, you can always check with the airlines to prevent any confusion.

Thanks

tysh

Oct 14, 2020
Hi everyone,

I need help. I am a Canadian woman planning to marry my fiancé who is Moroccan. Does anyone know the required documents that I need to obtain in Canada before I go to Morocco. It is a bit overwhelming and I would love to know if anyone had gone through this process. Thanks in advance

MaryamC

Aug 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I need help. I am a Canadian woman planning to marry my fiancé who is Moroccan. Does anyone know the required documents that I need to obtain in Canada before I go to Morocco. It is a bit overwhelming and I would love to know if anyone had gone through this process. Thanks in advance
I don't remember all the details but definitely you need finger prints and you will not be able to get it done anywhere in Morocco. That was very hard for me to do and had to get it done in another country. Trust me that was a lot of hassle. Adoul (a notary) who actually performs the civil marriage has a list which tells you what you need for the civil marriage to be recognized and legalized. Ask your husband to be to speak to the Adoul who will be performing the civil marriage for you. If you are a muslim women its different requirement and and if you are not muslim women I believe you need to convert first (I am not sure about this for sure).

Jbaina

Feb 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

Hi there,

I do not know how much of a help this will be, but please check this link out : https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/morocco-maroc/consular_services_consulaires/marriage-mariage.aspx?lang=eng

Best of luck!

Reactions: DiiDii

Nads0808

Oct 15, 2020
I am a Canadian Female engaged to a Moroccan and wanted to know, how the process really was , where the paper work is concern if we are to get married in Morocco. I would really appreciate any help i can get with this. Like what do i need to take from Canada to Moroccan.

Amlou

Aug 12, 2020
I am a Canadian Female engaged to a Moroccan and wanted to know, how the process really was , where the paper work is concern if we are to get married in Morocco. I would really appreciate any help i can get with this. Like what do i need to take from Canada to Moroccan.
Plan things well (prepare your paperwork/documents) and schedule your appointments at the embassy. That should save you time.
Took us about 2 weeks to complete the entire process. We lost time translating documents, slow police processing and travelling back and forth between Rabat and my spouse’s village.

Reactions: Nads0808

Nads0808

Oct 15, 2020
Plan things well (prepare your paperwork/documents) and schedule your appointments at the embassy. That should save you time.
Took us about 2 weeks to complete the entire process. We lost time translating documents, slow police processing and travelling back and forth between Rabat and my spouse’s village.
Thank you so much for this information.

Amlou

Aug 12, 2020
Thank you so much for this information.
Hope that’s helpful. We did a “mixed marriage”, not sure if things will be different if you go the Islamic route.
It’s good to make 2 appointments at the embassy; the first to apply for the needed documentation (not unissued in the same day) and the second a few days later to retrieve them.

Nads0808

Oct 15, 2020
Hope that’s helpful. We did a “mixed marriage”, not sure if things will be different if you go the Islamic route.
It’s good to make 2 appointments at the embassy; the first to apply for the needed documentation (not unissued in the same day) and the second a few days later to retrieve them.
Thank you it will be a mixed marriage.I will do that for sure makes sense.I am more concerned to be honest about getting the documents translated to Arabic do we have that service here in Canada.?

Amlou

Aug 12, 2020
Thank you it will be a mixed marriage.I will do that for sure makes sense.I am more concerned to be honest about getting the documents translated to Arabic do we have that service here in Canada.?
You should be able to find a service in Canada. I would make sure they are certified/notarized. We got them done in Morocco and there were numerous stamps and seals that we got to make sure they were acceptable translations.