+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
We just heard from rabat TODAY! They need supplementary documents/proofs and police certificate. More pictures with the family, proof of recent communication, and wire transfers, .. etc

while on IRCC website there is no changes! And it shows there is 30 days left to the deadline.

Reactions: ZRAL and S.a10

ZRAL

Sep 25, 2020
We just heard from rabat TODAY! They need supplementary documents/proofs and police certificate. More pictures with the family, proof of recent communication, and wire transfers, .. etc

while on IRCC website there is no changes! And it shows there is 30 days left to the deadline.
Congrats!! When did you first apply?
I sponsor, my wife (PA, morocco) applied in November 2019. Got AOR, got sponsor approval. She passed the biometrics, she did not receive a medical request yet. Ecas says: we began processing your file on January 15th. No updates since then. Still waiting on CSQ. Can anyone give me reassurance, or timelines for sponsorship for my spouse who is in Morroco.

Last edited:

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Congrats!! When did you first apply?
I sponsor, my wife (PA, morocco) applied in November 2019. Got AOR, got sponsor approval. She passed the biometrics, she did not receive a medical request yet. Ecas says: we began processing your file on January 15th. No updates since then. Still waiting on CSQ. Can anyone give me reassurance, or timelines for sponsorship for my spouse who is in Morroco.

Application externe: moroccan canadian citizen husband in Vancouver, BC canada. Moroccan Spouse in Morocco.
  1. application received on October 11, 2019.
  2. Sponsor approved Nov 26
  3. Spouse Biometric requested Nov 26
  4. Spouse medical requested on November 27, 2019
  5. Spouse Biometric and medical done Dec 4 & 5
  6. Spouse Medical results have been received by IRCC Dec 11
  7. File transferred to Rabat, Morocco Jan 7.
  8. Sept 10 : supplementary info needed: chat conversations, more pictures, proof of money transfers
  9. all info sent Sept 14 ... we are still waiting to see what will happen soon
IRCC website showing 12 days left to reach the one year mark!

astrosal

Jul 6, 2020
So apparently there is has been movement for some people. That is good news!
So I tried to travel to Morocco but I could not find an organization that will give me PCR test results within 48 hours. I was told that if I will get my results in five business days after the test. For reference, I live in Victoria (I inquired about Vancouver as well).

I know there are flights from Montreal to Casablanca. How are people getting test results within 48 hours?

S.a10

Sep 20, 2019
So I tried to travel to Morocco but I could not find an organization that will give me PCR test results within 48 hours. I was told that if I will get my results in five business days after the test. For reference, I live in Victoria (I inquired about Vancouver as well).

I know there are flights from Montreal to Casablanca. How are people getting test results within 48 hours?
Hi they recently changed it to 72 hours...... don’t know if that helps. I’m also travelling there at the end of this month. I will be paying for my test to ensure that I get the results on time.

gela2460

Feb 21, 2019
I know how you feel, so frustrating!
I just wanted to send an update, we got a letter for interview on Friday the 2nd of October. Interview is October 29th, and hoping that it goes well and that it'll all be over soon! Have u heard anything?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The 1 year mark and the progress bar are just estimates based on a 1 year processing time and have no relationship to your exact processing time. Sponsorship often took over a year Precovid so will take linger during covid.

Amlou

Aug 12, 2020

I think the only way to ensure results on time is to book private testing. There’s a few companies that are offering mobile services that will come directly to you. It’s expensive but unfortunately necessary if we want to see our spouses.
I used ichor blood services. They seem offer service in major cities.

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
I just wanted to send an update, we got a letter for interview on Friday the 2nd of October. Interview is October 29th, and hoping that it goes well and that it'll all be over soon! Have u heard anything?
wow that’s some good news. My wife also got a call yesterday oct 5 from the Rabat and they told her that they will send her a letter by mail. Agent said: your medical is about to expire in december. Would you be interested to go before that date to Canada? She said yes of course. He said ok .. you will get a letter by mail. He confirmed her mailing address. And he said have a nice day. What do you think that letter could be ?!Did you receive the interview letter by mail?

Reactions: Jbaina

Jbaina

Feb 5, 2020
Hi they recently changed it to 72 hours...... don’t know if that helps. I’m also travelling there at the end of this month. I will be paying for my test to ensure that I get the results on time.
Hi there,

as per the Moroccan airlines website ( the canadian french version), it is specified that the 72 hours deadline starts ticking from the time the results have been released and not from the time the PCR test was undergone.

https://www.royalairmaroc.com/ca-fr/information/delays-and-disruptions

you may wanna give them a call just to make sure.