+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Application Received: 22/Feb/2021
Webform, complaining IRCC(actually idea given by an IRCC call centre agent) didn’t do any good. Planning for contacting to local MP. Also planning to draft another letter to PM’s office.
"Complaining" while under the 12-month estimated timeframe will be a complete waste of time. Possibly counter-productive.

tysh

Oct 14, 2020
Hello everyone! How long was the background check process for you guys before a decision was made?

Amlou

Aug 12, 2020
Application Received: 22/Feb/2021
Sponsorship Approval/Medical/Bio: April/2021
Moved to Visa Office: 10/May/2021
Visa Office In Progress: 10/June/2021
Nothing after that.

Issued GCMS note, found waiting for officer review since June 10th so technically more than 5 months the file is sitting in the useless bin.

Webform, complaining IRCC(actually idea given by an IRCC call centre agent) didn’t do any good. Planning for contacting to local MP. Also planning to draft another letter to PM’s office.
Have you had any luck? Our medical was passed/completed last June and we have not been able to get any answers.

LoveMaroc999

Nov 19, 2021
Have you had any luck? Our medical was passed/completed last June and we have not been able to get any answers.
I have not contacted MP, as one of the VIP members advised against contacting MP before completing 1 year. So, I will do that after February 22nd.

I also looked at the spreadsheet tracker in 2020 and 2021. It seems nothing is moving much in Rabat visa office. I guess we are dealing with the worst visa office.

For my case, medical/bio completed in April’s, AOR2 in May and 8 months have passed after AOR2.

LoveMaroc999

Nov 19, 2021
Hello everyone! How long was the background check process for you guys before a decision was made?
We are waiting for decision so can answer after that. In ECAS, my application is In Progress since June 10. As per GCMS note which I issued received in October stated Security: Not Started.

Amlou

Aug 12, 2020
I have not contacted MP, as one of the VIP members advised against contacting MP before completing 1 year. So, I will do that after February 22nd.

I also looked at the spreadsheet tracker in 2020 and 2021. It seems nothing is moving much in Rabat visa office. I guess we are dealing with the worst visa office.

For my case, medical/bio completed in April’s, AOR2 in May and 8 months have passed after AOR2.
I think you’re right about the Rabat office. We contacted our MP a few weeks back and we still haven’t heard anything. At this point all we can do is wait I guess?

LoveMaroc999

Nov 19, 2021
Yup will be 4 years April 3
In which world it is acceptable? I understand processings are based on case by case but 4 years for a PR application only shows how this visa office deal with application. There must be some accountability, someone should be able to answer why it takes so long.

• Sad
Reactions: ginabrigi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In which world it is acceptable? I understand processings are based on case by case but 4 years for a PR application only shows how this visa office deal with application. There must be some accountability, someone should be able to answer why it takes so long.
I believe this individual was refused and had to go through the appeal process. So that's the reason for the long processing times.

Amlou

Aug 12, 2020
Yup will be 4 years April 3
Wow, I agree 4 years is unacceptable. It’s unfortunate because we clearly don’t have any control.

ginabrigi

Oct 24, 2018
I believe this individual was refused and had to go through the appeal process. So that's the reason for the long processing times.
Yeah we were denied in 2019 won appeal 2021 feb and still waiting it took Rabat immigration 14 months to deny my husband it's stupid they made him do medical etc ... then they denied him at the interview get working backwards they should do interview first then medical if approved not wasting money and time on stupid things this immigration and process is stupid feeling frustrated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah we were denied in 2019 won appeal 2021 feb and still waiting it took Rabat immigration 14 months to deny my husband it's stupid they made him do medical etc ... then they denied him at the interview get working backwards they should do interview first then medical if approved not wasting money and time on stupid things this immigration and process is stupid feeling frustrated
Sorry to hear that. I hope you have an approval soon.

jamali

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
May 21, 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013 (first medical never rec'd) so re-do December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 5, 2014
LANDED..........
March 16, 2014
Wow that really sucks. That is so unfair and there is no accountability on their part. Insha'Allah your husband receives his visa soon. Hopefully he can get a true taste of our winter then see our lovely spring and summer. My husband loves our summers, he was pleasantly surprised of how much greenery we have throughout the year.