(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Although our case should be very simple and so I should be able to appeal on my own. I've decided that I can't afford the emotional strain of losing and having to wait months and months for a court hearing and ultimately my husbands arrival. I will appeal have a lawyer do our appeal.

In the interm, I miss him terribly so I am going to visit him as soon as the appeal papers are sent off.

It's important energetically for all who are still waiting for interviews, or approvals to stay positive, see it being approved, see your spouses arriving at the airport, and feel the excitment you will feel.

Best of luck to all,

Mariana

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Lois Lane,

Good luck with the appeal. Does anyone know how long they take?

Have a nice visit with your husband - and stay as loooong as you can!!!

Lynn

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Once I get the letter from the Embassy then I can send in the appeal application. Then they have 120 days to send back all the records of everything, our application and CAIPS notes. Then we will have set a date for the ADR which is usually set two months away. Once we get the approval at the ADR it will take probably another two months for the visa. So we are looking at another eight months minimum.

If the ADR isn't approved then it goes to a full hearing which we will be given a date a year from now.

Lord give me strength!!!

Pearlp

Feb 11, 2008
Hi Lois Lane

I have to tell you that appeal applications are back loged so it will take longer then the web site say. For us it took almost 200 days for the application to come back from Morocco since they are not counting holidays and weekends.
and when they aproved us for ADR they put our apointment for 4 moths after not 2 since ADR is back loged too.
I am sorry to tell you this but i just not want you to go to all the disapointment as we did when we find out the dates are changed.
and only reason we got a files back because i keep calling a Canadian Refugee Board and they keep checking with morocco to see hwere is our file.
So you can try to conect them and they will tell you what is going on with your file but you have to call after you put in your appeal application, because they will not know nothing until they get your application.

It is really a waiting game which is teach you to be very patient.
If you would like to know more just ask because i went truogh this a ready, we just waiting for our ADR hearing which is next month.

Pearlp

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
That I don't understand because everything that I have read including all the CIC articles say they have 120 days to return everything. Not withstanding that there is always room for error. That would be another reason to go with a lawyer.

Thanks for you imput however disheartening it is.

Happy Bird

Jan 7, 2008
That should get some load off your shouler. Good thing you mustered the courage to do fast.

Keep up the hope, gather more evidence to defend your case. Visit your hubby when you can. Best of luck through it all.

Cheers

HB

Happy Bird

Jan 7, 2008
Hey folks,

Any idea how far is Rabat into December applications? The latest they have called for interview was couple from DEC 14 processing for interviews.

That being said, I don't think there are many more applications left for December. Consulate closes for holidays Dec 8, 9, 25, 26 and many staff are probably off for more days, back in Canada for Christmas and new year. If my guess is right, they will soon be moving to January applications.

Is that accurate assessment or just wishful thinking on my part? Anyone?

Cheers all

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hello everyone,

Just an update from the other site. There have been no calls for Visa's or interviews yet this week.
Only the people who were previously called picked up Visa's this week.

I will keep you posted

Good luck and God bless to everyone

Najma

Jul 9, 2007
Hello there! I haven't been on here in quite sometime. We are just playing the waiting game. I am sponsoring my husband from Morocco here to canada and we just learned his interview is on Monday June 2, 2008. We are so nervous and wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to find out of he will get his visa or not and when? Also, any encouraging advise on the interview? We have waited so long and are celebrating our first year anniversary in two weeks.

Thank you so much,

Najma

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Hi Najma,

My husband had his interview on April 28th. To date we have not been informed that a decision has been made. (He was told at the interview that they would call him within a week with a decision). Three days later they asked for copies of his passport. We can only assume that he has been accepted and that we are just waiting for a visa. But who knows. The only timeline that I can give, is that there is no set timeline. People who have had their interviews after my husband have been given answers and some have already received their visas. Some are in the same boat as my husband and I.

As for the questions asked, my husband said all the basic ones that others have posted on this site and then they drilled him about my dowry and the fact that I paid for the apartment that we rented when I went back to see my husband in january for a month.

This whole process is very discouraging. The only advise I can give, is to expect nothing - no responses, no information at all, that way you will not be disappointed like I was.

My husband and I will have our first anniversary on Saturday, in separate countries. Utterly demoralizing.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Hello Najma

I would suggest taking proof of your on going communication, e-mails and chat logs. If you have been back to Morocco since you sent in your application take any pictures you may have taken. Also, if he has any e-mails or letters to and from your family.

They may ask what you do, what your brothers/sisters and what your parents do for a living. Be sure he knows all the answers to what was on the original application of sponsorship. They may ask if he has given you any gifts imparticular any jewellery, if so what and if he hasn't why not.

If you both want children, why or why not. And if he is not approved what will he do....here is what I suggest he says...I love my wife. We are married because we love each other and we can't be apart. There is no reason why I would be refused. If I am we would appeal immediately!

The intention of the interview is to establish if HE is being geniune is entering into a marriage with you. After all I read in all the posts I could find. I provided all the proof that was required. I failed to see that the IO would be doubting my husbands genuinity not ours.

Also, I would recommend that any question he is asked he eleborates on it and not just says a word or just once sentence as a response.

They will give him his passport back at the end of the interview. My husband got his refusal letter one week after. Some people that got approved were called a three days later others weeks others just got the approval letter with call that they were approved.

We were so confident going into the interview because everything we had to say was true. What we didn't count on was that the IO was hooked on the fact that since he had not given me alot of material things so his intentions weren't genuine. You would think that the IO would know the differnce in between the earning potential in Morocco compared to ours here and so not make that an issue.

Also, we have a big age difference. Each case is slightly different so don't get nervous! Just tell him to speak with confidencl

Good Luck
Mariana

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
My husband received his refusal letter last week. Today he received a call from the Embassy. Unfortunately he missed the call. Has anyone had this experience. There would be no reason to call him they didn't keep his passport. It makes no sense...

wow can you imagaine if they had changed their minds?????????

I did e-mail them right after he told me about the refusal. I was polite but firm. Saying that their decision was incorrect. Yikes....I have no idea what to think

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Wouldn't it be great if they changed their decision?

I really wish you the best through this painful experience.
I can't imagine what you must be going through.

I hope you get to be with your Husband as soon as possible.

The phone call does seem confusing

God bless you and good luck

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
Hi all,

Monday will mark the 7 month mark that our application has been in Rabat.   I want to write a letter to immigration to find out what is going on with our case.  We have now completed 5 weeks of waiting after the interview with no communication what so ever.    My husband though, is fearful, that if I write an email to find out what is going on with our case, that immigration may hold it against us, or we may anger immigration by doing so.  My husband says wait another week.  My mom says wait another week.

What does everyone think?

I just don't know what to think.  Everyday I go back and forth on what is going to happen for our case.  I wonder why they did not give our paperwork back to my husband when he finished his interview.  Which makes me think they are going to deny us.  Then I think if they are going to deny us, why haven't we had a response from them in the past 5 weeks.  I just don't know what to think.  Everyday is just a struggle.  Saturday was horrible, our first year anniversary -  spent apart, with no news as to what is going to happen, having no idea what is in our future.  I am starting to worry about my health.  The constant stress and worry is starting to take a physical toll on me.  I just don't know what to do. 

Did anyone who was approved get their passport back and then have to fax it over?