+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
Hi all

well my husband had his interview today, and it went good, he waited cause they told him to come back at 1 PM their time for the 2nd part of the interview, but as it turned out he didnt need it, they told him he was accepted and gave back all the documents he brought with him, the only thing is his medical was expired so he has to go do another medical tomorrow, but the lady told him if his medical wasnt expired that he would've gotten his visa really soon, I am so happy. Now my only question is how long does it take to get the medical papers back to the office??? so i'll be back in the waiting process again, i was in such a wreck at work this morning waiting to hear back from him.

Hoping75, i hope you will hear good news soon,

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Iqaluit

I am sooooooooooooooo happy for you. This is such great news.

You can finally breath again. lol
You will be able to really enjoy your time in Morocco knowing all of this is behind you and he will be coming home with you.
I am really so exited for you.
I'm not positive, but I think it may be 6 weeks for the results of the new medical. I think that's what some other people were told.

Thank you for the well wishes.

Good luck and God bless

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
Hi hoping75

thanks, it is such a big relief also, but now its the waiting for the call part that i'll have to handle, and yes i'll be able to enjoy my summer down there knowing i'll be flying back up with him (fingers & toes crossed)

ahh ok, i'm sure 6 weeks will go by really quick also :0)

thanks for the info

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
At the risk of sounding bitter (OK all of you know I am bitter), I don't know why it keeps surprising me that some people are treated better than others in the process. How is it that a person can have an answer during the interview process and others are in their 4th week of waiting for an answer. Immigration needs to pick a process and treat EVERYONE the same way. Either everyone gets an answer at the interview or no one gets an answer at the interview. This is just not fair.

I am happy for those who got answers.

Bitter Becca

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
I'm so happy for everyone who got their visas or has made some progress.

Like Becca I am also a little bitter. Has anyone been waiting a year or longer? Karim and I are coming up to a year since Rabat has had our papers and I would love to get a sense of how that plays in comparison?

Lynn

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Anyone else see this article?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080521.wmarriages21/BNStory/National/home

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
In keeping with my bitter theme.....

I heard about this article from a colleague at work. Interesting concept, however, I think adopting a policy like the US or Australia would be more effective than hiring private detectives with their own agenda's and incentive pay attached to how many couples they break up.

We have all heard the stories of cdn women who have been defrauded. This 2 year conditional residency would get rid of most of that issue. It also seems that the women who have been defrauded yell so loud, tell their story on any and every blog possible while the successful marriages do not yell and scream about it, they just go about their happy lives.

Anyways enough of my rant for tonight.

Bitter and Bit**y Becca

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Exactly - happy people are too busy being happy to post on blogs about how happy they are....

Myself, being non to happy about being away from my husband for the last year, have *plenty* of time to post.

Lynn

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
We were refused. Needless to say it is extremely painful. The letter although I haven't seen it says that she didn't believe our relationship was genuine because we didn't have a wedding ceremony. I guess we should have gotten married in a hotel taken pictures of lots of people and that would have proved it.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
I'm very sorry to hear that Lois Lane.

My heart really goes out to you. I can't imagine how painful it must be for both of you.

Please try to stay strong for your appeal process. Love will win out in the end.

I'm really not sure how the agents come to their decisions of what is a real, or fraudulant relationship.

Good luck and God bless with the next step.

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Lois Lane,

Did they give you any other reason? I thought they had to have 2 reasons for refusal, not just one.

There have been many couples accepted without a ceremony. I don't think that is reason enough.

That alone does not make sense

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Hoping 75 the other reason was because he only knew my family "superficially"
how else could he know them he hasn't met them.

Really is difficult. I won't give up but I have to admit I feel worn out. I can't see how the appeal can be any different when all the facts and evidence are the same.

Best of luck to everyone that is still waiting.

Stay positive and say the outcoming just as you want it to be.

Mariana

travel_fan

Star Member
May 7, 2007
Hi Mariana;

So sorry to hear your application was refused. It must be so devastating for you both.

I don't know what evidence you included in your application, but here's some ideas of additional evidence you can put together for your appeal (if these are things you didn't already include).

A letter from a member (or two) of your family and his family - stating that they know about your relationship, how it developed, your trips to Morocco, etc. My parents wrote a letter and my brother and his wife. They also mentioned that they had spoken to my husband on the phone and via webcam. Has there been any correspondence between your family and your husband? Emails can work - have them start corresponding immediately and include these emails in your appeal.

My husband and I weren't able to have a wedding ceremony before submitting our application - but we explained why (I had a limited time in Morocco and getting our marriage papers took all the time, it was really important to me to have some of my family present - so our plan is to have a ceremony in the future).

There may have been some things that you overlooked that might address their doubts - it's hard to think like an immigration official, but you may need to look at your application from their eyes in order to figure out what you need to do for you appeal.

All the best,

Tracy

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Thanks Tracy

We had a few things going against us. There is a 20 year age difference which would raise an eyebrow. Also, his father wouldn't have anything to do with him when he made the decision to marry me. I too was there for a very short time, 10 days to be exact so you know how difficult it was to get all the paper work together. He is very close to his mom and his father wouldn't allow her to meet me so there was no reason to have a ceremony. We decided to have a small celebration when he arrived here.

We sent, pictures of both my trips there, msn chats, emails, phone records.

The only thing we didnt do was send letters that my family new of the relationship. But we did write that on the application. Also, he was asked at the interview he explained he speaks to my daughter on the phone and online. That he has spoken to my friends on the phone and my parents and that they liked him.

I really am at a loss. It's not really about the proof at all. Anyone that isn't in a genuine relationship would also have sent all those things. It is subjective on the part of the interviewer. If they are having a bad day so will you. It isn't just about the proof. That may seem untrue but that is the only way I see it today. Maybe tomorrow I will have an other perspective.

Good Luck

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Lois Lane,

The fact that his family does not agree with your marriage does not mean it is not genuine.
I wish you the very best with your appeal. Gather lots of evidence , and I'm sure things will go your way.
The extra time to wait will be so painful for I know, but try to keep your faith.

Good luck and God bless