+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Becca,

There was another call for a Visa today.

They will get it on the 28th of May. The interview was on the 8th 0f May.

There were 2 others called also to get their Visa, but they were originally delayed because they had to pay their PR fees. They also get their Visas on May 28th.

Those interviews were on the 17 of March, and the 11th of March.

I am quite sure your Husband will be approved because I believe he would already have been notified if he was refused.

I think your Husband would have received his refusal letter before now. Refusals seem to come quickly, like in 1 or 2 weeks after the interview. I could be wrong, but that is what I noticed is happening to others.

Please keep up your hopes. The good news will be coming.

Good luck and God bless

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Iqaluit,

Thanks for the encouragement

My Husband received his call today for the interview.

I am excited and nervous at the same time.

It's in almost 3 weeks.

I pray everyone gets good news soon.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Thanks hoping75
other than letters from friends and family I can't see other evidence to give.
We gave phone records, emails, log chats, pictures. It is what it is. It is a genuine relationship. I regret not having gotten married in a hotel taken lots of pictures with people and said they were family....that wouldn't have been genuine but it may have gotten the results we wanted.

It's also absolutely ridicilous to to say he only knew of my family superficially. Now I ask, not having met absolutely anyone given the distance...how exactly is he to know them??????????????

Sorry, but this morning when I first heard I was devasted and sad but as the day goes on I'm getting really really angry.
:(

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hi Lois Lane,

I understand your emotions. I know you feel devastated.
You are absolutely right, how can he know your family any other way?

When you talk with him online, try to take pictures of you together on the screen talking to your family members, that way you have the evidence of it ,not just your word. All the contact between you until the appeal date is important.

My heart is really with you.

Frustrated Canadian

Oct 30, 2007
Lois Lane,

I've just been reading some of your latest posts and some of the most heart wrenching I've read, I must say!! My husband, not from Morocco but from another country, and I have been riding an Immigration roller-coaster for over two years now.

You must file an appeal. I completely understand how your sadness turns to anger, I've been on that ride a thousand times it seems.

My husband, who was living here in Canada for a while and had to go back to where he's from because his father passed away (we are now on our second application, b/c he left before the first application was fully processed) & I have matching magnets with the quote "Never, never, never Give Up!".

It's after times like this, when you feel that nothing else could go wrong, that you find the strength you need to keep going.

Have you comsulted with your Member of Parliament at all about your Immigration situation?

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Hi there Frustrated Canadian

Sorry for your situation as well!!!
I just had the news this morning. I haven't contacted my MP nor do I even know how to :(

Going to keep researching until I find the way to get him here quick!

thanks

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Hi Lois Lane,

I'm so sorry about your situation. Have you ordered the CAIPS notes and visa file? I have no idea if they will be useful at all, but it might give you a little more information as to why they made the decision they made. That way you'll know how to fight it in appeal. If you need help to get these - I'm happy to help!

You can find your MP here:

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

Good luck to you!

Lynn

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Thank you so much locolyn I sent an e-mail off to the MP

We'll see if I get a response of any sort.

Also, can you please give me the info on the caips and foss notes

thanksssssssssssssss so much!!!!!!!

iqaluit

Jul 12, 2007
Iqaluit, Nunavut
Hi Hoping75

wow congrats, i'm sure the 3 weeks will go by quickly, our 2 weeks did, hopfully everything will work out, who knows maybe our husbands will get their visas the same day :) ~ my husband went back for his medical today and they told him that they send the papers to paris twice a week but they dont know how long it will stay in paris, if your husband has any questions, i'm sure he can contact my husband, i wish both of you all the luck :) what my husband did was bring all the papers i sent him over 1000 pages of msn conversation and emails back and forth and phone cards and all the pictures we had together with him and his family, i think thats what helped in our application, im not too sure, if thats what it was.

i hope everything works out for you, i'll be praying for you guys :)

take care
Iqaluit

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Thank you so much Iqaluit,

I thought he was joking with me yesterday. He had just come online, and in 5 mins his cell phone rang. I could hear it , and I said hurry up , answer the phone. LOL It took less than a minute, and he said it's the embassy. I kept saying, are you serious.

He will be taking about 2000 pages of conversation, and alot of pictures of our trips, and with friends and family, and a lot of phone records.

That's less than 25% of our conversations. LOL

I am praying that all will go well. I don't think I'll sleep until that day. LOL

Thank you again for everything.

I really hope your Husband gets his medical results back quickly. You deserve to be together quickly.
I am so happy for you that your Husband's interview went well.

I will be praying for you also.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Hi Lois Lane,

Here is the link for the site that explains everything you need to do to order your CAIPS notes yourself. A lot of places want to charge you an arm and a leg when you can just pay $5 and do it yourself.

http://immigrationguides.com/content/view/207/110/

In that guide you'll also find this link to the Canadian Immigration Access to Information form.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

You will need to:
fill out, print and sign the form
send a cheque or money order for $5
Get a letter of Consent from your husband allowing the gov't to release info to you (he can sign the letter then scan and email it to you - doesn't have to be the original)
Write a formal letter of request from you asking for the CAIPS notes
Get a photocopy of your passport

Hope that helps!

Lynn

Happy Bird

Jan 7, 2008
Congrats hoping75...I hope everything goes smooth for you husband from here.

Seems Rabat is now calling applicant they started processing on DEC 12. My guess is they will soon move to Jan as December happens to be a short month because of the holidays seasons and all. What do you guys think?

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
Hi Marianna (lois lane)

Oh my god im so sorry to hear your bad news!!!
I pray it will go well for your apeal
no one deserves to wait that long to be with there love ones!!

Isabelle & Boubaker

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Thanks Isabelle

Say hello to Boubaker. Was pleased when I got the e-mail from him saying all was well that he had arrived :)

Yasmina/isabelle

Star Member
Jul 8, 2007
Lois Lane

I was so sad to read about the bad news I called Boubaker at my break from work....
We dont understand why its gething harder for avryone and why is it not egual ?

For myself I pray thanks to God avryday for having my husband by my side...
it was a long wait for us also but nothing compared to what some of you are going trew and its not right for others to wait so long..

Im thinking of all of you,
Isabelle