Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
To Amiraa: And I also want to say there are always 2 sides to a story. You said that your husband blames you, but for what? Usually separation is caused by 2 people, it is not always black and white. Or maybe it is just a big misunderstanding or a lack of communication and your separation might be temporary? You think there are chances for reconciliation?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd also like to add my condolences that you had to go through this. Good riddance to this fraudster, ingrate, and liar. I hope you find a man who is worthy of the love that you have to give, and I hope karma gets this guy who you thought was genuine but who broke your heart. Who knows, maybe he'll sponsor a woman just to have her drop him like a hot potato once she gets into the country. Wouldn't that be poignant?

I think the program you were referring to was the "True Love or Marriage Fraud? The Price of Heartach," doc which was shown on CBC's the Passionate Eye, correct? I also watched it. I was quite interesting, albeit really sad for the people who got taken for a ride. I've always wondered what ended up happening to Stephanie and Roxanne, the two ladies who were sponsoring younger men from Morocco.

amira00 said:
Hi everyone; Thought I would let everyone know things did not turn out well for me in marrying and immigrating my husband from Morocco. Just shortly after being here for a year he up and left me. I think his whole purpose was just to get to this country. He was not the man I spent time with or married once he got here. I am totally devestated by everything that has happened and to find out my devout muslim husband is such a liar and its great how he blames me. I went through alot to get him here from contacting my MP and sending a letter to the Minister of Immigration himself. I notifed the Minister of what happened and I was told no matter what I am financially responsible for him for the first 3 years he is here, if he draws government money I have to pay it back. Guess what he is living on? Well what hard lesson to learn. Once they landed in Canada there is nothing that can be done, he is now a Permanent Resident. I am so happy for the new laws that Canada has in place now for sponsoring a spouse to Canada. I feel very powerless as it appears he has more rights than I do being a born and bred Canadian. Be very careful people about your spouse and how well you think you know them. I never thought this would happen to me. Let Immigration do what they need to do no matter how long it takes as they may know things you do not know. Trust the process these people know what they are doing. I recently watch a program on Immigration Fraud and people getting taken in by Marriages of Convienience, there is nothing that can be done to help you if this happen. A lady went to court to have her husband removed and won but CIC ruled he could stay because of Commpassionate reasons. You see if there lives will be worse going back to their country then living here in Canada, they get to stay here on compassionate grounds and too bad so sad for the sponsoring spouse. So be very sure of what you are doing because in the long run its a high price to pay all the way around for me. Good Luck to all who truly love each other!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
I'd also like to add my condolences that you had to go through this. Good riddance to this fraudster, ingrate, and liar. I hope you find a man who is worthy of the love that you have to give, and I hope karma gets this guy who you thought was genuine but who broke your heart. Who knows, maybe he'll sponsor a woman just to have her drop him like a hot potato once she gets into the country. Wouldn't that be poignant?

I think the program you were referring to was the "True Love or Marriage Fraud? The Price of Heartach," doc which was shown on CBC's the Passionate Eye, correct? I also watched it. I was quite interesting, albeit really sad for the people who got taken for a ride. I've always wondered what ended up happening to Stephanie and Roxanne, the two ladies who were sponsoring younger men from Morocco.
Just watched the program "True love or Marriage Fraud? The price of Heartache" and it made me quite upset. It could happen to me! I am older than my husband. However, the happy ending about this couple living now in Pitt Meadows with a big age difference (city close to mine) made my heart squeeze with joy and I am hoping for the same happy ending. Quite informative this video! You must all watch it! It is a must!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, I'd be inclined to say that in Roxanne's case, 7 months together in Canada probably is proof of a happily ever after. I'd assume if someone wanted the landing papers, they wouldn't stick around 7 months. Not sure what happened in Stephanie's case though.
Habibti said:
Just watched the program "True love or Marriage Fraud? The price of Heartache" and it made me quite upset. It could happen to me! I am older than my husband. However, the happy ending about this couple living now in Pitt Meadows with a big age difference (city close to mine) made my heart squeeze with joy and I am hoping for the same happy ending. Quite informative this video! You must all watch it! It is a must!

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello all,
i havent seen that ....is it with moroccan husbands or ??.......I dont know why the husbands or wives would change coming to canada...obviously its a culture shock but other then that i mean i dont get it.....Habibti i dont think you have anything to worry about for 3years youve been with your hubby, i just hope and pray that he passes the interview and you guys are reunited......i always dream of that day that my hubby comes out at the airport oufff.....
Good luck everyone.....

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, not just with Moroccan husbands, but two of the couples profiled in the documentary are Canadian women-Moroccan men couples. Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/3rwfcao
vjamal said:
hello all,
i havent seen that ....is it with moroccan husbands or ??.......

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Wonder if the Roxanne in the video is the one on the forum here?? LOL

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
ddobro2 said:
It's someone named RoxanneAbdel but obviously not active anymore
Ahh ok because there is another Roxanne on here that is an immigration consultant

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
It's someone named RoxanneAbdel but obviously not active anymore
I wish I could be in touch with her and her husband!!! Pitt Meadows is a 20 minutes drive from my home! I could make friends with her (she has a son like me and we are almost the same age) and my husband could become friend with her husband (they are the same age). My husband would feel less alone to have a friend who is from the same culture, same country, close by. If anyone knows how to contact or find her, please let me know! Thanks!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I obviously don't know her and never talked to her, but you could just send her a direct message and hopefully this forum will notify her correct email account: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/RoxanneAbdel-u10816.html. Worth a shot, especially since, as you said, you happen to be so close geographically.

Habibti said:
I wish I could be in touch with her and her husband!!! Pitt Meadows is a 20 minutes drive from my home! I could make friends with her (she has a son like me and we are almost the same age) and my husband could become friend with her husband (they are the same age). My husband would feel less alone to have a friend who is from the same culture, same country, close by. If anyone knows how to contact or find her, please let me know! Thanks!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
I obviously don't know her and never talked to her, but you could just send her a direct message and hopefully this forum will notify her correct email account: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/RoxanneAbdel-u10816.html. Worth a shot, especially since, as you said, you happen to be so close geographically.
Thank you!!! I wrote the film company who produced the documentary and they forwarded my email to her. She just wrote me!!! She is offering me to meet with her for coffee and share our stories :)
But she is an immigration consultant too??? This is what I saw at the end of her email as her signature.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that makes sense. In the documentary, there's a scene where she's at some kind of CIC q&a seminar and they say that she is training to be an immigration consultant.
Habibti said:
Thank you!!! I wrote the film company who produced the documentary and they forwarded my email to her. She just wrote me!!! She is offering me to meet with her for coffee and share our stories :)
But she is an immigration consultant too??? This is what I saw at the end of her email as her signature.

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
amira00 said:
Hi everyone; Thought I would let everyone know things did not turn out well for me in marrying and immigrating my husband from Morocco. Just shortly after being here for a year he up and left me. I think his whole purpose was just to get to this country. He was not the man I spent time with or married once he got here. I am totally devestated by everything that has happened and to find out my devout muslim husband is such a liar and its great how he blames me. I went through alot to get him here from contacting my MP and sending a letter to the Minister of Immigration himself. I notifed the Minister of what happened and I was told no matter what I am financially responsible for him for the first 3 years he is here, if he draws government money I have to pay it back. Guess what he is living on? Well what hard lesson to learn. Once they landed in Canada there is nothing that can be done, he is now a Permanent Resident. I am so happy for the new laws that Canada has in place now for sponsoring a spouse to Canada. I feel very powerless as it appears he has more rights than I do being a born and bred Canadian. Be very careful people about your spouse and how well you think you know them. I never thought this would happen to me. Let Immigration do what they need to do no matter how long it takes as they may know things you do not know. Trust the process these people know what they are doing. I recently watch a program on Immigration Fraud and people getting taken in by Marriages of Convienience, there is nothing that can be done to help you if this happen. A lady went to court to have her husband removed and won but CIC ruled he could stay because of Commpassionate reasons. You see if there lives will be worse going back to their country then living here in Canada, they get to stay here on compassionate grounds and too bad so sad for the sponsoring spouse. So be very sure of what you are doing because in the long run its a high price to pay all the way around for me. Good Luck to all who truly love each other!
Amira, I'm saddened to read your story and I'm sorry you got a bad one too. I have posted on here for a long time too and I was crazy in love with my husband and did more for him than i care to recall. In the end I wasn't interested in watching him self destruct, I left him and it was the best decision of my life. I have no regrets and I have no ill feeling toward any Moroccan. The country is beautiful, there is good and bad everywhere, I just happened to get someone broken beyond repair.
I hope your healing process is on it's way and from experience I can tell you what doesn't beak us only makes us stronger and the best revenge is living well.