+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the video ddbro ....wow ok ......thats just so sad and i agree that it kinda ruins the genuine relationships that actually get refused while the fraudulent ones get accepted but thats just life.....I know couples that got their visas in 3-7months but in my case unfortunately 1year and a half and still got refused and still going to the ADR to proove our love and our authenticity of our relationship it just sucks......I really didnt think we would be refused.....devastation .........my hopes and prayers are to everyone waiting to reunite with their love ones....
But the video brought back memories for me ouffff(marrakesch) beautiful city.......

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
ddobro2 said:
Who knows, could be the same lady
i think shes the same lady. check this out http://www.pegmoves.com/

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Geez, this always happens when that documentary is aired. This must be the 5th time now. Yes, it's me and my husband in the documentary. Now before you all start asking for updates this is ALL I'm going to tell you. My husband and I are still married and we still love each other. BUT, that doesn't mean we haven't had struggles or continue to have struggles as a married couple. However, immigration is NOT one of our issues.

KNOW THIS: Happily ever after is a myth. Marriage takes a lot of work and change is fluid. This chapter of immigration is only ONE piece of your married life. You WILL have to go through many other trials and tribulations that have nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with your compatibility as a couple and willingness to work through the difficult times.

I will say one thing. My husband definitely did NOT marry me just to get to Canada. I knew that within a few weeks of his arrival. Perhaps you want me to say I knew it BEFORE he arrived. Well certainly I hoped it and believed it but I was in love, not stupid. Think about what I do for a living and what I have seen. I have stated before and will state again that each and every sponsor SHOULD consider the negative consequences of sponsoring a spouse to Canada. Don't allow the love you feel to erase all of your common sense and judgement.

Please don't ask me for updates about the others in the documentary. Those are not my stories to tell.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
rjessome said:
Geez, this always happens when that documentary is aired. This must be the 5th time now. Yes, it's me and my husband in the documentary. Now before you all start asking for updates this is ALL I'm going to tell you. My husband and I are still married and we still love each other. BUT, that doesn't mean we haven't had struggles or continue to have struggles as a married couple. However, immigration is NOT one of our issues.

KNOW THIS: Happily ever after is a myth. Marriage takes a lot of work and change is fluid. This chapter of immigration is only ONE piece of your married life. You WILL have to go through many other trials and tribulations that have nothing to do with immigration and everything to do with your compatibility as a couple and willingness to work through the difficult times.

I will say one thing. My husband definitely did NOT marry me just to get to Canada. I knew that within a few weeks of his arrival. Perhaps you want me to say I knew it BEFORE he arrived. Well certainly I hoped it and believed it but I was in love, not stupid. Think about what I do for a living and what I have seen. I have stated before and will state again that each and every sponsor SHOULD consider the negative consequences of sponsoring a spouse to Canada. Don't allow the love you feel to erase all of your common sense and judgement.

Please don't ask me for updates about the others in the documentary. Those are not my stories to tell.
Thank you so much for your words of wisdom! I am so happy to know you are still together! You made my day! Your story is giving me hope and faith again! However, part of me will remain skeptical until my husband lives with me and my son for some time. I am also happy to know you have become an immigration consultant! Because of your own experience and your beautiful spirit/mind, you will be a plus in the immigration world!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, let me make this perfectly clear before anyone starts using my story as hope for their own. I have written on this thread in the past some of the challenges we faced when my husband arrived in Canada and while we were both trying to adjust. Do NOT discount these struggles. As a marriage progresses, couples continue to experience new struggles. I know couples married for more than 20 years that seem fine one day and on the verge of breaking up the next. LIFE is like that!

My story is not a "happily ever after" story. It is a work in progress! There are UP days and DOWN days. All I'm saying here is that our marriage is not one of convenience per CIC's definition. Do any of our struggles have to do with our cultural differences? YES. Absolutely. But they also have to do with our differences in personalities, goals, and decisions making processes.

No matter who you marry, in my opinion, marriage is a crap shoot. There are no guarantees. Just because you get through the immigration process does not mean you will live happily ever after no matter how in love you are. I said that in the documentary and will say it until the day I die. Recognize that there is a DIFFERENCE between the immigration process and then being a married couple trying to live and work together to build a future. Do your best NOT to intertwine the two.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
rjessome said:
Ok, let me make this perfectly clear before anyone starts using my story as hope for their own. I have written on this thread in the past some of the challenges we faced when my husband arrived in Canada and while we were both trying to adjust. Do NOT discount these struggles. As a marriage progresses, couples continue to experience new struggles. I know couples married for more than 20 years that seem fine one day and on the verge of breaking up the next. LIFE is like that!

My story is not a "happily ever after" story. It is a work in progress! There are UP days and DOWN days. All I'm saying here is that our marriage is not one of convenience per CIC's definition. Do any of our struggles have to do with our cultural differences? YES. Absolutely. But they also have to do with our differences in personalities, goals, and decisions making processes.

No matter who you marry, in my opinion, marriage is a crap shoot. There are no guarantees. Just because you get through the immigration process does not mean you will live happily ever after no matter how in love you are. I said that in the documentary and will say it until the day I die. Recognize that there is a DIFFERENCE between the immigration process and then being a married couple trying to live and work together to build a future. Do your best NOT to intertwine the two.
I am aware life will be difficult once my husband is here. It is already difficult for me lol There will be numerous struggles, conflicts and challenges. And especially adjustments!!! My husband and I know that. Any type of relationship has its own set of challenges and difficulties, its ups and downs. What I meant to say by "hope" is that despite all the ups and downs, it is possible to make a marriage work. These cases are rare to find. Your story enlightened me in some way and brought more perspective.

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
ddobro2 said:
I shouldn't have ever brought up the film. My bad.
Nooooooo! Don't say that! It was so informative! There are so many things I learned and found useful, especially about the laws and how it could change in the future. This documentary raised my awareness. And it gave me goosebumps to see places I went and people in Morocco.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aww, well thanks. I know it was informative for you, and I said that only because I didn't mean to beam the spotlight on someone's real life. that stuff makes me uneasy since we all come online for some privacy, right? But I take it rjessome doesn't mind as much as I thought. 5 times? Didn't realize the film is that old.
Habibti said:
Nooooooo! Don't say that! It was so informative! There are so many things I learned and found useful, especially about the laws and how it could change in the future. This documentary raised my awareness. And it gave me goosebumps to see places I went and people in Morocco.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought it was informative to the point that id like to go back to school and study to become and immigration consultant, it sounds really interesting to do as a career...
But i came to this forum for help with my ADR conference which is coming up hopefully soon....to hear other stories of success of failure but nobody has shared anything with me....is there anyone that could shed some light about this???
All i can say is that marriage is a struggle in its own ways but i hate the fact that immigration decides in their minds whats authentic and whats not, you take that responsibility upon yourself when you decide to sponsor someone. I know alot of couple that it was gray marriages but came to canada very easily.....and personnally i am struggling to get my husband here......

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
I shouldn't have ever brought up the film. My bad.
No worries. I agreed to be in the film so it's my responsibility to answer questions. But it does feel a little old now. The first airing of the film was almost a year ago. There are old conversations on this forum about the film.

Aside from my story, I think it's a good film. The point of my being in it was that I wanted to show the difficulties and struggles of sponsors trying to be reunited with their spouses. Most of that got edited out. In fact, the first version of the film I saw didn't make it to the screen. There was some editing done because CBC said my husband and I looked like we were "too in love". Go figure! And believe it or not, sigh, my husand got my age wrong in the film. I'm a bit younger (or was) than he said. Can you believe that? My own husband!! He was only off by a year but still!

I think sponsors should know what can happen, good and bad. If the film helps educate people, then it's a good thing. But I also think that an important statistic was left out. CIC processes about 60,000 spousal applications a year. 20% are refused at the visa office. Of those 48,000 that are approved, somewhere between 1000 to 2000 report marriage fraud. So looking at it PURELY from a numbers perspective, it is not a huge problem. But from a human perspective, how do you measure importance of a problem?

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all,

aziz i dont understand why its 30% for you to get your visa....you got refused what did u guys do after the refusal...i am searching for experiences for the ADR...

thanks

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
rjessome said:
And believe it or not, sigh, my husand got my age wrong in the film. I'm a bit younger (or was) than he said. Can you believe that? My own husband!! He was only off by a year but still!

I think sponsors should know what can happen, good and bad. If the film helps educate people, then it's a good thing. But I also think that an important statistic was left out. CIC processes about 60,000 spousal applications a year. 20% are refused at the visa office. Of those 48,000 that are approved, somewhere between 1000 to 2000 report marriage fraud. So looking at it PURELY from a numbers perspective, it is not a huge problem. But from a human perspective, how do you measure importance of a problem?
hahaha... I think that he got your age wrong by a year is funny. My husband always forgets that I am 2 years older than him... he always thinks I am his age... or younger... its not something we focus on but we don't have the age difference of some other couples.

I think these statistics that you have provided are very interesting because I have said all along I would like to know how many are actually NOT marriage fraud. I understand that there will be cases that are not reported either because of shame or maybe both parties are involved in the scam. But looking at these numbers there are many couples that are genuine and while we do not know how many are still together years down the road... it shows that they did not do it with the intent of getting into Canada. It makes me hopeful that while the media devours the negative press of immigration.. there is a lot of positives ... even if hidden.

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
vjamal said:
hi all,

aziz i dont understand why its 30% for you to get your visa....you got refused what did u guys do after the refusal...i am searching for experiences for the ADR...

thanks
hi vjamal there is somebody told me i only have less than 25 or 30 % but i do have faith in God we would win inshslah i always think positive anyway after we got refused we appealed decision to immigration appeal division they dimissed the appeal also was so much lies on the decision which i did not like, we did not appeal decision to federal court do you think they would be fair if we did appeal to federal court ??

Aziz

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aziz2010 said:
hi vjamal there is somebody told me i only have less than 25 or 30 % but i do have faith in God we would win inshslah i always think positive anyway after we got refused we appealed decision to immigration appeal division they dimissed the appeal also was so much lies on the decision which i did not like, we did not appeal decision to federal court do you think they would be fair if we did appeal to federal court ??

Aziz
If you didn't apply for leave to appeal to the Federal Court within 60 days, you are too late.