Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
vjamal said:
why dont you just do another sponsorship?

hi vjamal thats what we did we just filed another sponsorship on 23 august 2011 its been sent but we still have not heard from immigration in canada i think it takes 66 days right ?? when do you think i would hear from them its been now a month and two days

Aziz

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ah ok ....i think i read that they are processing july applicants so i can say another month for sure......

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dair2dv8103100 said:
I think these statistics that you have provided are very interesting because I have said all along I would like to know how many are actually NOT marriage fraud. I understand that there will be cases that are not reported either because of shame or maybe both parties are involved in the scam. But looking at these numbers there are many couples that are genuine and while we do not know how many are still together years down the road... it shows that they did not do it with the intent of getting into Canada. It makes me hopeful that while the media devours the negative press of immigration.. there is a lot of positives ... even if hidden.
Well here's the thing. Whether or not a couple is still together 1 or 2 years after the sponsored spouse landed in Canada does not, in and of itself, prove or disprove marriage fraud. I know one couple that broke up about 7 months after the spouse landed in Canada. There was no marriage fraud involved. They broke up because, after living together they discovered significant differences in their ideas of what a marriage "should" be that just could not be overcome. I know another couple that broke up because of family interference in their relationship. And then another because of substance abuse issues. I know couples having troubles because of issues with money (different ideas about saving/spending), couples where the love seems to be dying, etc. I know couples where the sponsor has ended the relationship and the sponsored spouse is devastated and still very much in love while the other person is ready to move on. 50% of ALL marriages in Canada end in divorce. What a sad statistic. But don't those reasons above sound like reasons ANY couple breaks up? That's because they are. We all probably know someone that was dating or living with someone for a long time, got married, and a year later are headed to divorce court. This stuff just happens. Throw immigration into the mix and you've got extra challenges. Marriage fraud is difficult to prove and/or predict. Marriage itself is difficult to predict. All you can do is try to keep your eyes open, don't ignore the signs or red flags or the things that make you go "Hmmmmm" and try your best to make sound decisions not clouded by "love". Tough to do. In the case of marrying someone from another country, I believe you MUST evaluate the risks and decide whether you are willing to take them. Take responsibility for your own choices as best you can.

Of course there is always hope! You cannot fear your furture when you haven't lived it yet. Put the work into your marriage and hopefully you will be together forever. That's all anyone can do.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
rjessome said:
Marriage itself is difficult to predict. All you can do is try to keep your eyes open, don't ignore the signs or red flags or the things that make you go "Hmmmmm" and try your best to make sound decisions not clouded by "love". Tough to do. In the case of marrying someone from another country, I believe you MUST evaluate the risks and decide whether you are willing to take them. Take responsibility for your own choices as best you can.

Of course there is always hope! You cannot fear your furture when you haven't lived it yet. Put the work into your marriage and hopefully you will be together forever. That's all anyone can do.
Sound words. May I just also add, that remember when it says "They lived happily ever after" it said "lived" before "happily" and "ever after". It's about LIFE and there is a big IF in the middle. It's a lot of work, and when Immigration is over and done with, you still have to live with each other, and the choices you have made, and there will be other things to work on. Immigration is but one unique challenge, it is not the be-all and end-all of challenges your marriage will face.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vjamal said:
rejesomme,

Do you have any knowledge of statistics or experience with the ADR?
Hi, yes some. It's not my area of practice at this time. Have you ever searched on CanLII for cases like yours? This thread is not a good one for information about appeals and ADRs but there is another forum that has more information. I think it's immigration.ca but I can't remember at the moment.

What specific questions do you have? Perhaps you should start a new thread about ADRs and see what answers you get. Don't make it specific to Morocco.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
vjamal said:
rejesomme,

Do you have any knowledge of statistics or experience with the ADR?
vjamal, answering your personal message here since i received three today with the same question.

once u have read the package they have sent u. review it well, see what the IO's objections were and explain them well in the information you send back to them. if that is done successfully at the actual ADR its a quick review of what u sent. u will be reinforcing why ur husband should come to canada. know all that u wrote on the application...give sound reason as to why their objections dont hold merit

common reason for spousal refusal is the relationship not being genuine, they may include the differences in education, culture, religion, previously divorced etc

i simply went through each point, education on his arrival he would work and return to school part time, culture and religion, im not religious but i am tolerant of all religions, and after all isnt canada the "melting pot" where we accept all cultures respectfully, ive been previously divorced and have 20 year age difference between my husband and i, my brothers wife is 15 years younger, so why cant i be 20 years older,

most spousal adr are successful, so dont worry, just read caips notes and address their objections...goodluck!

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks rejsomme....
Thank-you Lois Lane for responding....I actually have a lawyer thats doing all that....we got refused in dec 2010 so this year i left everything and went to live with my husband in Morocco from feb -aug for 6mths i hope that will be a plus at the ADR.....We are the same age, same religion, same dreams for the futur but they said it non-authentic and my husband lives a precarious life so therefore they think he wants to come to Canada for papers not for love...and he knows me superficially.....thats the basis for refusal....we were devastated....its such a struggle...Hope to God it ends soon and win the ADR....I wanted to know the statistics of the winning and losing the ADR to see my chances obviously its cae by case but still......

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's amazing that you're the same age and religion but are still doubted. But the other two reasons are sensible. I'm not sure about the precarious bit, but you say your husband knows you - present tense - "superficially." Is that still true AFTER you've lived with him for 6 months (which by the way, I'm sure would be a huge plus for you in CIC's eyes)??

vjamal said:
Thanks rejsomme....
Thank-you Lois Lane for responding....I actually have a lawyer thats doing all that....we got refused in dec 2010 so this year i left everything and went to live with my husband in Morocco from feb -aug for 6mths i hope that will be a plus at the ADR.....We are the same age, same religion, same dreams for the futur but they said it non-authentic and my husband lives a precarious life so therefore they think he wants to come to Canada for papers not for love...and he knows me superficially.....thats the basis for refusal....we were devastated....its such a struggle...Hope to God it ends soon and win the ADR....I wanted to know the statistics of the winning and losing the ADR to see my chances obviously its cae by case but still......

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
vjamal said:
Thanks rejsomme....
havent ever seen a statistic but if i had to guess i would say 80% plus

each case is very unique at the same time they can be very similar, absolutely going to live with him is a plus, the focus is to show that the APPLICANT is being sincere, so making life plans for a future together is key, ie plans buy a home, have children is very important...even with ur similarities its common to have a refusal albeit unfortunate, if the applicant doesnt have a study job for example...i will send u personal email

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No the superficial is the reason of refusal before i left for Morocco for 6mths we were devastated hadnt seen each other in 10mths ...i left everything and got a lawyer filed for appeal and left....but before i was there 2x......and now waiting for the court of appeal apparently my lawyer received a letter that they selected our file for the ADR....now waiting for the date and time for the ADR...wondering what are my chances to win.....

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Today it has been exactly 2 weeks since my husband had interview. No news so far... no news good news? I feel like I am hanging above a cliff and that at any moment someone is going to cut the rope. I have started to have anxiety attacks. It is not a good feeling to wake up and feel my heart squeezing or racing and gasping for air. The wait continue...

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Habibti said:
Today it has been exactly 2 weeks since my husband had interview. No news so far... no news good news? I feel like I am hanging above a cliff and that at any moment someone is going to cut the rope. I have started to have anxiety attacks. It is not a good feeling to wake up and feel my heart squeezing or racing and gasping for air. The wait continue...
I think if they don t contact you soon it is good news. the problem is when after a week or 2 they say decision made, most of the time it is bad news.
After my husband interview I waited 6 weeks and I contacted the Embassy in paris to ask for updates about the file. they asked me to pay the RPRF so I felt a bit happier. now 4 months and a half after his interview they asked him to re-do medicals buit never a word that he is accepted. still waiting. it has been 2 weeks since he did his medicals. i don t know what to think anymore.....

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
patopato said:
4 months and a half after his interview they asked him to re-do medicals buit never a word that he is accepted. still waiting. it has been 2 weeks since he did his medicals. i don t know what to think anymore.....
It usually takes 4 weeks for a medical to be reunited with the file at the visa office. So wait 2 more weeks and then contact the VO to find out if the have received his medical.

Lynn