File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Ok.. this might be a stupid question... but I can go into CanLII links that people post on here... but I have no idea how to search when on the actual home page. Can someone please enlighten me how you are getting to the actual cases please.

Thanks bunches!

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
If you know the appelant name, just put it in the first search box...if you want a specific range of cases, input "immigration, sponsorship, genuine, marriage" those kinds of key words. Put in the country to narrow it down even further. That is how I search.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
CharlieD10 said:
If you know the appelant name, just put it in the first search box...if you want a specific range of cases, input "immigration, sponsorship, genuine, marriage" those kinds of key words. Put in the country to narrow it down even further. That is how I search.
Great I will try it... thank you :D

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lois Lane said:
common reason for spousal refusal is the relationship not being genuine, they may include the differences in education, culture, religion, previously divorced etc
So can they refuse application based on differences in religion? Because my spouse is of different religion from mine and that's the reason why we're living common-law, as we couldn't get married because his religious weddings wouldn't be accepted in my religion. Now I don't know if that would be something VO wouldn't like :eek:. So confused now..

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Quince777 said:
So can they refuse application based on differences in religion? Because my spouse is of different religion from mine and that's the reason why we're living common-law, as we couldn't get married because his religious weddings wouldn't be accepted in my religion. Now I don't know if that would be something VO wouldn't like :eek:. So confused now..
The same for me! We have different ages (I am 48, he is 28), different cultures, different religions, I was previously divorced before I got married to my husband who was never married before. I have a son, he never had children. On top of that, he works part-time and earns very little. I have 3 jobs and I own a house. So many differences to overcome :(

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Quince777 said:
It depends. On its own, probably not. In conjunction with other incompatibilities, and where the couple clearly has not considered how they will reconcile those differences, then yes, that is a reason for doubting the genuineness of the marriage. The refusal is not based on the difference in religion, it is based on the inference that a genuine couple would either try to be compatible, or resolve how they will deal with this incompatibility and know how to explain how they came up with their resolution.

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know what your personal situation is but my husband is Muslim and I'm Jewish.....and um, those two groups do NOT get along. But we for some reason have not been able to resist each other. :p And it's incredible, but no matter how many times or how bad we argue, we always make up. If we can be "compatible," then so can you. Granted, neither of us are too too religious and we are closer in age (well, he's 7 years older, actually, which I realize is very different from the people in this thread). And don't let this stuff get in the way of you being married if that's what you want. You don't NEED to have a religious marriage at all. Do it either interfaith or better yet, totally secular. Just focus on explaining your relationship in the app; if you worry about how they interpret it, you might drive yourself crazy. And true dat re: what CharlieD said regarding CIC's determination of genuineness.

Quince777 said:

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, CharlieD10. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the good outcome. This whole process has been very tough for me :(

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
I don't know what your personal situation is but my husband is Muslim and I'm Jewish.....and um, those two groups do NOT get along. But we for some reason have not been able to resist each other. :p And it's incredible, but no matter how many times or how bad we argue, we always make up. If we can be "compatible," then so can you. Granted, neither of us are too too religious and we are closer in age (well, he's 7 years older, actually, which I realize is very different from the people in this thread). And don't let this stuff get in the way of you being married if that's what you want. You don't NEED to have a religious marriage at all. Do it either interfaith or better yet, totally secular. Just focus on explaining your relationship in the app; if you worry about how they interpret it, you might drive yourself crazy. And true dat re: what CharlieD said regarding CIC's determination of genuineness.
Thanks, Ddobro! Yes, we're perfectly fine in the common-law relatinship for that reason. Same with my partner, he's 8 years older than me, so not a huge age difference.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddbro, i dont know if you were talking about me with my little one....dont have kids yet....the case i took as an example...lol....but i hope i get reunited with my hubby soon too.....thanks

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOL, that wasn't YOUR case?! Oh wait, duh.....you were saying you were *preparing* for ADR hearing. Wow, am I dumb. ::) You linked to it so I totally missed the fact it wasn't you. Well, whoever that lady is, I hope she's doing well today. And yes, I hope you are reunited with your hubby soon and have a great outcome to this whole stressful mess.
vjamal said:
ddbro, i dont know if you were talking about me with my little one....dont have kids yet....the case i took as an example...lol....but i hope i get reunited with my hubby soon too.....thanks

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks though...lol.....but i hope everyone gets reunited and finishes this whole immigration burden......

hassanstiger

Apr 12, 2009
My husband and I are from two relious backgrounds and they do ask (at my appeal) My husband is in morocco and is muslim and I am christain.But be ready you and your husband as both are asked separately and how will the two of you will deal with different religious holidays such as Ramadan and easter.

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, Today i got a call from my lawyer so, my ADR is on dec 12,2011 i was freaking out apparently they are back logged....ouffff so much time to wait.....Insha Allah it goes well and im done with this whole process......to all as well......

hassanstiger

Apr 12, 2009
I am happy that you have a set date now for your ADR.Now you one more step ahead.My appeal was march 21 ( moc)And I lived in morocco with my husband for 2 years.and have been with for 6.5 years..so now we are waiting for PR from May 2011.
:)

CIC 2008 accepted as sponsor
Interveiw Rabat March 10 2009 refused
ADR dec 18 2009 cancelled
full appeal march 2011 allowed
files to Rabat April 2011
Husband received letter from Rabat for new medical,police report etc.in May 2011
Now we are waiting for PR ?