+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
kimokimo said:
hello rasha,
thank you, i did the medical exam in anglu america hospital in cairo.
im from cairo and my wife is canadian , we are in cairo now ,
i finish all the requirments but i wanna ask you what should i do after .
should we fill the applications and send it from here or from canada when my wife leave.
ans please guide me with the applications we need to fill, and the application fees.

thank you
kimo
Kimo, we did all of our translations at:

Happy International Business center
a Khairt street
medan lazoughly
Dalia is the name of the owner there - she was very efficient and fast, and reasonable prices.

OK,

step by step....remember to include as MUCH evidence on your family/relationship by way of photos of you, your wife and family; letters of support from your family and hers; letters from co-workers, friends, etc - anything you can put together to show that people have witnessed your relationship grow and that it is genuine. In addition, you should include phone bills, internet e-mails, internet chats [print screens], all of this will show you are communicating and how the relationship developed and continued; you should also include copies of any plane tickets, hotel receipts, museum stubs anything to show you were in Egypt together - spending time together. [If you visited her, include those proofs as well.]

All of this will help to reduce the likelihood for an interview to substantiate your relationship. Be sure to document in your application well, how your relationship started, and continued. ANything that out of the ordinary for an 'egyptian relationship/wedding' should be explained - reduce any questions in the executive producer's (the Immigration officer's) mind so that they have no questions and thus no reason to call you to interview.

You need to READ THE GUIDE WELL [part one and part twol]

Everything required from your side will need to be translated, and be prepared to run everywhere for stamps [for the birth certificate and the marriage papers]. Everything that is not in English or French, will need to be translated [if you are well organised, you can give everything to Dalia in one time - she is quite fast and very nice].

Your wife will send the application from Canada - so you need to work fast to get everything ready for her before she leaves to Canada. Some items will take a week or so to complete so plan well. She will pay the fees there in Canada - if you READ the guide, you will see there are three fees to be paid: the sponsor fee, $75, the applicant fee :$ 475 and the landing fee $490. The last fee doesnt' have to be paid right away - but if you delay in paying, there could be an additional 1-2 months delay in you getting your visa - most people pay it upfront in advance.

THe Raqam qawmi should be updated to show married, same with the Qaid aeli. You will get translated copies of these and the translation, as well as a COPY of the original are sent. Same with your army record, and the marriage certificate. [copy and translation are sent, you keep the original].

The finger print clearance was the last thing we did - its' good for three months - but we translated it, sent the original and the translation [this is the only one that original was sent].

Read this thread entirely many posters have posted the details from start to finish.

If you still need more help message me privately and perhaps my husband who is there in Cairo can assist you some.

salam
rasha

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
poetresse? You still haven't sent in your application? The papers don't need to be notarised. Just translated with the copy of the original attached to it.
Anyone else have any news?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Good Luck Poetresse - but as Boncuk said, the papers need to be translated, but not notarized. Is ur husband using Happy Translation like we suggested?

Good Luck, keep us posted.

poetresse

Mar 7, 2008
Due to many circumstances we did not have a chance to get all the papers done. I was told that the papers had to be translated, notarized (stamped) and recently learned had to be approved or something has to be done with them at the canadian embassy. Anyways, thanks, and I will keep you updated.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Poetresse,

which 'papers' are you referring to? My application with my husband has been in process for almost 100 days, we have passed every step well, alhumdulelah...I didn't 'notarize' nor get any papers approved by the Canadian Embassy. Who told you that you need to do that with your papers?

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
That is ridiculus poetresse! WHo told you that? I myself have been in process just as long as Rasha and have passed all just awaiting the background check .. Yes you get things stamped for the marriage certificate and the birth certificate but thats through foreign affairs.. notarizing is a whole other story. and nothing HAS to be approved or "something done to them" at the embassy. They have no involvement. The only time you ever get something from the embassy is when you get married. Nothing else after that. I am afraid that you are being misinformed about the process. It took us 3 months to get everything in order yes.. but most of that was our own delays.. It really can be done much faster.. Hope everything goes smoothly for you and if you need clarification please ask us.. Rasha and I are the most recent ones on this thread so we can confirm things for you. It's still the same process.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
I may as well tell my friends in this forum as well

Well we "sort of" got news..
PPR received by email June 22nd 2009
Passport sent June 23rd 2009
BUT.. in the email it stated that we were to send it if we didnt plan on using it in the coming "months" .. anyway it was sent we'll see what happens... I will keep you all posted. :)

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Congrats Boncuk ;).

Poetresse, she is right. dh (dear hubby) and I did all of our paperwork honestly in one week, two at the most, and that was mostly running around [him] when I was back here, to get this stamp and that stamp- he was very persistent.

Your hubby needs to be wise - there might be some people there trying to make money off of him, by telling him to do extra steps - that's why I asked dh to assist him and show him the steps, as he did. Sorry to hear you are still in the middle of stuff though, really, I thought you were done too.

Good luck, and if hubby needs some answers, he does know how to reach dh.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello guys...

this thingi about notrizing documents in the embassy is *beeb*

I was told by Iman Sabri herself that I don't need it. She is the one who used to do the notrizing a year ago. Do you have any idea how much it costs for each document... about 250 le... imagin if u do this for each... it will be alot of cost..

I know when u call the embassy some people will tell u to do it.. but you don't need to... save ur money girl... u will need it for DHL..

Give ur hubby instructions from here... and follow him with everystep... i used to make a list for my hubby... u know guys are not that organized... At least mine was lool... lol

... good news Boncuk...

Hope to hear the same news for rasha... ya rab...

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Boncuk Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you and for you family... Nchallah Rasha next....and of course me :0)

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Thx Marlena.. i'm not celebrating yet.. this has happened to a few in the other Egyptian thread before and it was months before they got theirs back.. We are just waiting and going on with life as usual.. not much to celebrate yet! But I guess it means the core of our relationship was approved and interview is waived so that is good news :)
How are things with you Marlena long time no see in the forum.
Thx Fairouz.. inshallah Rasha is next.. but like I said the fat lady hasn't sung yet so Im not woohooing till I see that email saying PICK IT UP lol

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Boncuk now it's the waiting game for us. Everything was sent to Damascus by my husband on Tuesday. I have a good feeling about it so let wait and see.
The good news is I'm going to see him in September so hopefully we will know by that time. I'm more excited going there so it keeps me kind of not thinking about it as much.
How's your family doing. Is it still hot and humid.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Yup still hot and humid.. that's life in Egypt lol I prefer to go to Windsor where its cooler lol At least for us it is! Inshallah things will go smooth and you will receive good news! Rorita is on her way to Windsor.. I'm so happy for her..
And my dear Rasha.. she will get PPR this week INSHALLAH YA RABBBBBBBBB!!!!!