+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
Hi there,

I just wanted to start this topic for all the people who r doing & outland applications for their spouses in Egypt, as i noticed that there's alot of Egyptians here in this forum & because the process seems difficult & also to save time, so i though abt creating this topic so we can help each other & share our expeirences to make it easier for all of us ISA.

So please if anyone in the same situation & need help just ask yr question here mayb u can find the answer u r looking 4:))

I wish All of us the best of LUCK..

Salam

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Here I am

Sharing my timeline too

Arrived at CIC-M on 19th
Processed on 6 of March and letter sent
Recieved letter 11 days later at a Cairo address March 17th.
Waiting to start processing

:)

Experience in getting papers from Egyptian Embassy a bad one. We needed a police clearance while we were out. For three months we were given the run around and the next week asnwer. So it is better to spend the money to fly to Egypt and get it on the same day. Getting papers from Cairo, depends on the clerk you get. One will mislead u and one will be really nice. Don't believe anybody ask more than one person.

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
So that means it take approxematly abt 1 month for CIC-M to reply right?

I totally agree with u abt preparing the papers in Egypt that's y i thoufht to create this topice here to help each other :))

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
yah,,, tell me about Egypt. I used to dream about visiting Egypt and think of it as heaven. :) I am just tired of the system. killing routine. You have to pay pay pay pay pay pay pay pay to get everything. Even forms cost money over here. But what really bothers me is that when u are in teh right place and they send u to a different ministry just to get rid of u.

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
hay i thought u live here in egypt fairouzm !!!
So u r in canada now & spons yr spouse from egypt?

Anyway if u used to dream abt the red sea & sharm el shiekh, safari trips , scuba diving & horse riding in a sunny day so its really cool there but as u said , the system is sucks.

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
I just wanna write to all my fellow Egyptians out there, good luck with immigration, AND DON'T IGONORE KASHF EL AHL!! "KEAD AKILY" like our friend fairouzm mentioned even if you have no kids.. .. you gotta just do IT! lol...

P.S: i would like to add, that our BEATUTIFUL Country:

******EGYPT******

Is truly the best place to do any sort of legal documents.... they'll give you a cup of tea ( 5 pounds) ... sit you down on a chair (10 pounds) ...run around for you ( 20 pounds) .. life's great... stamp papers (50 pounds)... give the finished document in your hand (20 pounds)

ALLL DONE!!!! TOTAL: 105 POUNDS!! ............

Of course.. if your like me... your not gonna pay all that money for a paper that just costs like 10 pounds.....

So there's another way to do things in Egypt... the MUCH HARDER way.....

WARNING!

Have water, a hat, and be physical fit for the following procedures:

You will:

Goo through large crowds of people and smell the beautiful perfume of body Oder

Get the "eye look" from under the glasses "YOUR NOT TALKING TO ME ARE YOU"...from government employees ...

Ask WHERE to get papers done.... 100% i assure you the government employee will ask you to ask the person over there,

the person over there will tell you to talk to the person who's on the left,

the person on the left will tell you to go to the woman who's eating that sandwich,

the woman who's eating the sandwich will tell you to talk to the guy who standing beside the door,

the guy standing beside the door will tell you go to the next office beside him and talk to the guy who's drinking tea,

the guy who's drinking the tea will tell you go back to the office that you were in....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

You go back to the first guy you went to when you originally entered the 1st office, and he'll reply with innocence in his face, "why didn't you tell me what you wanted in the first place, I'M THE PERSON YOU NEED!!!!",

You explain in frustration that you INDEED told him what you needed to be done!!! He will then reply..
" No no.. you didn't tell me that part...."

Usually that part you forget to mention how much money your gonna give him...

ALLL DONE!!!!!!!

Oh God, I just looooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee EGYPT!!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
I live in Egypt with my husband now. I dreamed of coming here for a long time. The problem is that paper work, lineups, autobisat, metro, made me so tired of Egypt. I am pregnant and nobody stands for me to sit in the metro. It is very sad that people don't have manners anymore. Or just trying to get out of it. People just crush my stomach trying to get in. :) Taxis are another story. You stop about 10 taxis before you get 1 and they run away when u tell them ur destination. This is illigal. Anyways, yah as my brother Egypt 007 said don't ignore kashf al ahl as it is needed and will be requested.

Have you done ur kashf al ahl Egypt007. They told us to get it transilated in a transilation place and they will stamp it. Is this the correct info or somebody is misleading again.

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
lol
Egypt007 u 4got to mention that there's another way to finish yr papers which is the "magical office boy"
so instead of paid each individual employee u can pick one of the office boys & give him a bulk then pray if he is gonna help u r not:)))

& hay fairouzm, u 4got to mention abt driving in Egypt lol

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
I'm a lady just like you fairouzm , and going crazy.. lol YAH THE METRO MAN<< like its filled up.. and theres absolutely no room, people will still try to get in.. but because I'm a big mouth, i talk back,, THERES NO ROOOOOOOOOOM! so i scare them away.. but of course i get stared at until i get off... DAYM IT! lol

I learned from mnasser and you i need to do it, so i be doing that soon and sending it to them... Oh well what can you do.. but where are you supposed to send it?? in Canada or Egypt??

Take care and good luck!!!

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
Yes mnassar..

Our dear magical office boy.... This guy is for people willing to take chances.... I think the best thing to do if you do encounter that boy... take his watch or id or something.. to MAKE SURE HE'LL COME BACK!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH VICTORY IS MINEEEEEEE lol.. well i wish anyways..

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
We don't drive here. It is not worth it to stay here. We are trying to leave fast so no major investments. Plus prices for cars here are so expensive and most are junk anyways :)

Can you guys write your timelines here so we know when are we going to hear back! :)

you need to send it to Cairo once you have the Id number for your husband. Ie when you get your AOR. If I find another way, I will let you know guys. I think I still have about 2 or three weeks before they start processing mine. It takes from 1 month to 3 months to take a look at it at the cairo office.

Fairouz

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Did u check e-cas? I visit another board and they have March group there as well. If I see any news, I will let you know.My info was in E-cas like in 18 days. but it took 11 days in the mail. :)

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
fairouzm said:
Have you done ur kashf al ahl Egypt007. They told us to get it transilated in a transilation place and they will stamp it. Is this the correct info or somebody is misleading again.

Fairouz
i ve a quest here

y we ve to translate el qaied el aeili as long as we r not gonna send it to canada?
do we need to translat docs that we provide to our local offices??!!!