+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Ya sure, i can meet...
But, im not sure of the Maadi part, i have a car, i just dont know how to drive to Maadi. All i know in Egypt is Nasr City and Heliopolis.... Let me know what you guys decide.
Thanks

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Did you guys check under e-cas?

do it with the sponsor info and ur copy 2 receipt number.

I did it everyday till one day it showed up.

It takes about 11 days from Canada to Cairo in the mail. so long wait.. but if ur sponsor is in Canada 2 or 3 days to recieve the letter.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
so for the qaid aeli,,,

you have to get the arabic version after chaning ur raqam qawmi to married first. to change it fast u have to pay 75le and u recieve it in 3 days...

take ur arabic version (they will not stamp transilation or copy)to foreign affairs so they can stamp it or legalized it.. tawseeq in wezart el khargia... and then take it to a transilation place. We did ours in Happy international Business center. The did it on the spot so we did't have to wait. and for 30LE. she said they are mu3tamdeen by the canadian embassy. anyways, here is the number for them guys if u need any info... 7959902...

Fairouz

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hey guys,

I just found that aefa or military exemption record can be done from there as well.

Seriously, they know what they are doing. Here you go their other number.

Happy International Business center
a Khairt street
medan lazoughly

:)

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
hay fairouzm

do i need to submit my aefa certificate to the embassy?
it wasnt required in the guide!!!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello everyone,

Yah, I thought the same as u guys. Here is the part that says it. However, when I called the embassy, they told me that I need it to proof that he didn't go since in Egypt it is manditory for guys to do it. I decided to do it anyways as I don't want to be delayed for two more months because of missing documents.

OTHER DOCUMENTS
If you or anyone included on the application has ever held a government position or served in the
military (including National Service), include a statement providing dates, units, positions and/or
ranks, duties performed and physical locations of all service (including camps).
Proof of employment: letters of reference from the applicant’s employer and the sponsor’s employer