+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
ok,

in the guide it says nothing about all this work for the papers. However, I happen to call the Canadian Emabassy one day to see what transilation office is certified for them. Somebody was really nice to me and told me that all the info I need.

By the way, speak English, you get better service! ok. Here is the number for the embassy. 27918700

The papers has to be done in the following order.

Birth certificate long form has to be transilated from the health ministry in lazoughly. (what actually happens is that you take the form and take it to a transilation office which is the office I mentioned before) then the transilation can be legalized or ytwasak from the foreign affairs which they have many auhtorization offices as I was told.

The wedding certificate has to be transilated from the justice Ministry in Lazoughly and then you take the transilation to the foriegn affairs to legalize it.

If you are submiting your grades certificates, the university will do this for u.

Now for the qaid aeli, you have to get ur raqam qawmi status to be changed to married first, then take ur marriage certificate and ur raqam qawmi and go the civil registrar sigil madni in order to get it. Once you get that, you have to take it the arabic version to the foreign affairs (wezart el khargia) and legalize it. then take it to the transilation office. I highly sugesst the one above, they know what they are doing and provide fast service and reasonable price plus it is certified by the Canadian Embassy as they say.

Military record or Aefa just take it to the transilation office and do it there.

Mnassar, just go to wezart el khargia and you will find many offices there or just ask them. Even in Canada they do this too. Some gulf countries require that tawseek for ur documents and it is a common practice to legalize documetns.

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
thanks alot fairouzm :)

i already did all of this except the qaied & aiefa certi.
i wonder how am i suppose to know all that stuff if i didnt find some1 like u to guide me?!!
Sob7an ALLAH
Yalla hane3mel eh , netargem ya sety el aefa cert. lol

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
do i need a qaid 3ailie for his family? or for our family (me and him). i had heard that he needed to do it for his family?? is that correct or do we need both or??? help anyone

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
just one more question, do any of the documents other than the medical exam (which is 1 year,right?)have an expiration date?? Im still working on all the paper and dont really want anything else to surprise me, its already getting confusing as is.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Nessy,

Well, they say taht you have to submit the application within three months of fish and tasbiah date which is the police certificate. So submit it within three months of that date.

for the qaid aeli we did it for us. Not for his famaily. My friend from another forum who is already in Canada, did it for her and him only. This was my experience. I don't know about his family thing. All the papers were for us.

Mnassar, I was in the same boat as u. I am redoing documents but I sent mine already and in Canada they accept them regardless. However, Egypt will ask for more documents so since I am leaving the country soon and so as my husband, we decided to work on them now (1 month and half of headache). There is one Canadian citizen guided me through it all. When I called the embassy I didn't believe it. But the girl told me that it was the way to do it. lol. So finally this week, we got my hubby's birth certificate transilated from wezart el se7ah and all the rest i wrote above. so I am waiting for his AOR to submit them. I hope they send it before I leave or I will have to leave them with sombody here.

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
Thanks alot fairouzm

i really apprecuate yr help :)

i 4got to mention my timeline here , lol

March 26th - App sent to CIC-M
March 28th - App r'cvd at CIC-M

Pray 4 mee plzzzzzz

Good Luck 4 all of us

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Yah Inshallah khair,

I wish our applicaiton was gone to Abu-dhabi, they start processing applications within 10 days of getting the approval for sponsorship!
I have been waiting now for 4 long weeks for it to start processing.

So Mnassar 28th of March 3 days have passed inshallah 2 more weeks and u should see something in E-cas using ur wife's last name and info and your copy 2 receipt number. :) Don't follow the timelines on the website, they are not very accurate. I pray everyday! I am sure you will love Canada and you will never want to leave it.

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
i check everyday on e-case
i pray & hope to hear good news soon ISA :)

ISA we ll meet all in Canada :)

but how u wanted to send yr appl. to Abu-dhabi office?
is that possible while u r not living there?!!!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Well, my husband was working in a gulf country so they are responsiable for all the sponsorship applications for gulf countires . So we could of sent it there. However, the Egyptian Embassy kept playing the next week game with us and didn't give us the fish w tashih for my hubby. A family issue came up and we moved to Cairo so we did fish and tashibh here. But the delay from the Egyptian Embassy costed us 5 months. My husband could of been in Canada now if we had applied through Abu-dhabi. People who applied in October and November there are already in Canada. They do everything via email. Ie, they send u a letter and an email as well. This is so great. I like emails better than letters. My sister's application went through them and was processed in 4 months and the whole process was from november to early march! :) Done!

Also the requirments are different if you are applying through abu-dhabi. No qaid aeli, no official transilation from ministries, etc. Just a certified transilation will be fine as you have to fill the Asia forms. So when I came here, we had to redo all this work for our application. When we realized that qaid aeli was going to take forever, we decided to send our application in and submit it later. At the end we found that the lady at the sigil madni was a lier and I don't know what she wanted coz the qaid aeli doesn't list the nationality and she kept telling us that the nationality has to be changed. Weird. :)

For everyone here. You have to change ur raqam qawmi to say that u are married or ur wife will not be able to get any records from Egypt in case anything happened ba3d el shar.

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
wat a terrible situation
but khair ISA
we ve to say al 7amdolellah for everything , Only ALLAH who knows where the khair is.

:))

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
Egypt007 still no news?

try to use this guys

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class/

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
fairouzm

i want to ask , do i need to submit the original milit. exempt. record (arabic version) plus the translated one or just the transl. & a copy of the original arabic one?

thanks

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
U keep the original, just take a copy with u to the transilation office and get it stamped by them. I think the aefa original is given to u once and u can't issue another one so be careful. Guard it with ur life and take it with u to Canada as you may need it if you go under security clearance there for jobs :)