+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Boncuk,

I was thinking the same thing, that we have heard these stories before...from the can imm site, and the poster has only a few posts, but the english was like the other poster, who was a man. REAllY, they should IP check these ppl!!! Troills are trolls, and best to be ignored, really.

If a person has a legitimate question, and is needing help, that is one thing. But I think some ppl are just out there, beyond help and can't accept the truth as it has been given to them by anyone here OR the I/O themself.... [being polite here].

Good Luck on news people, for those with cases pending.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Just wanted to share the good news we received our passport today :) I wish anyone watching this thread the best of luck in Egypt. Keep positive, it will come!

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
OK, I can't take it anymore WE GOT AAPPPPPROOOOVVEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO INTERVIEW, SECURITY EVERYTHING WENT THROUGH SO FAST - we just didn't know where we were in the queue, or what was going on with our file. They called hubby on Aug 4 and said "have your wife to pay the landing fee, and send your passport' we are ready to issue the visa. You are approved and we want to finish your file."

I opted to not pay all the fee as a means by which to gauge when we would be done. If I did it again, I would pay the fee in advance, and use other means to track the progress.

Fairouz really deserves a big warm hug and KUDOS coz really, she helped us so much. And of course I want to thank Boncuk too for their support and patience during this very insane time.

Here is our timeline

Application sent to CIC-M: March 23, 2009
Application received by CIC-M: March 24, 2009
Application sent to Egypt: April 8, 2009
Processing of our file started in Cairo: May 28, 2009
AOR Received: June 10 (to me); June 16 (to hubby)
Approved & Passport Requested: August 4, 2009

Ya salaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!!!! Our total processing time was 133 days!! [a record for them, I think] Alhumdulelah!!! It is done.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Rasha, I see here that you got approved....Big congrats, I am sure that you are very happy, Boujasim was saying yesterday that our group has made it, and there was only you, and now you are done too...thank God for everything.
Best wishes and hopefuly you will see your husband very soon, take care

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Congrats on the approval Rasha ;) One last step and you are done!! Hopefully not much longer ;) Best wishes to you and your husband!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Thx rjessome.. I hope the same for you! hopefully you dont have much longer to wait for the interview!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Big congrats to Rasha and her husband!!!! You made it and you deserve it
Our group is done done done!!!! Now we concentrate on Barbecue time lol!!!!
I want to wish the same for all the people who still in process. You'll be all in my prayers... Be patient and everything will turn your way. Good luck!!!!

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Questions about passports and Egypt.

OK, once a file has actually been approved, and the passport only needs the visa stamp, I have found that can take one week to 10 days, but not more than two weeks, from the time the passport is requested, to the time that the passport is returned. HOWEVER, usually in these situations, a fee of 27 pounds has been requested when the passport was send by DHL to the Embassy. (Sometimes people have been contacted via e-mail or phone to arrange a pickup as well.)

I have found, however that some people did drop the passport off in person, and received it back with a week or two.

All of this says there is variance in how the passports get there and how long it takes.

My question is the following: Has anyone shown up at the Visa Office to actually pick their passport up in person? And have they met with any success???

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
Speaking 4 myself, they sent me my passport with the visa through TNT after I week.

I don't think that any1 should pick it up in person, but hey, that's only my opinion.

Cheers :)

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
mnassar, my husband has your opinion - we will just wait to hear from them.

thanks for your reply. BTW how is Canada? :)

would you like to share any suggestions or comments for Egyptian [esp. men] coming to Canada and settling in..what types of things would you recommend to settle in best that worked for you?

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
Hi Rasha,

I can see from yr timeline that they just requested yr passport Aug 4 which is nont bad at all & believe me ISA u ll get it by this coming week max.

Regarding Canada, that's realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy a question that required alot of answersss :)))))

Look to make it simple for you guys, Canada is amazing, beautiful, clean, descent and you will enjoy it ISA very much & u will be amazed by alot of stuff here like the schools, studies, governmet...etc, but at the end u have to remember that it's not heaven, and this is the major problem that lots of people do, is when they come to Canada they think that they r going to heaven and then they get shocked after that.

Wat I want to say is that you will have to thank GOD for living in Canada for sure but at the same time you will have to work reallyyyyyy hard if you wanna be successful in this country, caz if u didnt u ll find yourself living a life style that u have never imagined.

I dunno wat yr plans are but talking about myself I have a B. Com degree and almost 4 years of experience in a multinational company (vodafone egypt) and when I came here after 2 months of hard work looking for a job the only 1 that I found is a cashier in a coffe shop.

And then after a while I realized that the only way to be successful in this country is to study and when I say study I mean to study 7aga mo7tarama, ya3ny high standerd like the universities, masters, PHD, designations, these are the things that is really valuable here in canada, dont waste your time studying in a community college or these types of studies, lama teego hena hate3rafo el far2 :))

So wat I want to say is that Canada is great but u ll have to work hard, if you are a doc. they will ask you to do an equivelant, if you are a dentist, pharmacict they will ask u so, if you are an accountant you will have to study one of the designations (CGA, CMA, ...etc)
Otherwise they will not recognize u and you will end up working as a taxi driver or a cashier, here in Canada wat the employers really care about is to have a Canadian experience and to have some sort of study in a Canadian Institution.

Some other issues u have to be aware of and this is really important, awel lama hateego ISA tab3an u will need to rent a place so be prepared enoko tekono 3arfeen 7ad fe canada so he can be you guarantor (damen ya3ny), because landlords here require the tenants to be working a fulltime job so they can guarantee that they can pay the rent w haytlobo el pay slips beta3et el shoghl w kol da, fa tab3an ento mesh hayb2a ma3ako el 7agat dee awel lama tro7o fa the only solution enoko tekono 3arfeen 7ad 3ashan ydmanko so this is how u can rent a place.

The other thing here in canada that my wife and I were shocked when we first came is that in order to buy any service that is paid monthly they will ask you to check you credit history, eh ba2a keset el credit history dee? I will try to explain briefly, here in canada when u obtain a credit card you start using it ok, then after a while u will start to have a credit history which means if you pay your bills before the due date so that means yr credit history is good, if you had some problem with some bills before that will affect yr credit history and so on, so my advice to you is that the first thing that you do when you come to canada isa is to go to the bank, open a bank account and get a credit card, tab3an el bank will ask u to pay a deposite because u r still new immigrants and it varies from bank to another, some will ask u for 600 may be more, fe 7aga kaman hatsahel 3aleko w da byb2a option 7elw gedan lel new immigrants, when u come isa google 7aga esmaha (capitalone) dol betala3o credit cards bas shorothom ashal keteer men el banks el tanya, ya3ny they will ask u for $300 deposite only.

Nefsy 2a2oloko kol 7aga wen2eloko kol khebrety 3ashan matetbahdeloosh bas mesh 3aref if I am missing something else or not?!!!
please if you have any questions just ask me & I ll be glad to help you guys.

I am sorry eny tawelt fel answer bas nefsy 2a2oloko kol el a3rafo 3ashan matetbahdeloosh, bas believe me life here is amazing even if it's hard bas atleast u ll be rewarded 3ala 2ad ma hatet3abo hena 3ala 2ad mahat3eesho merta7een.

aa I remembered another thing, regarding how much u will be paying monthly? actually it depends where r you going guys, some cities are more expensive than others, for example: I came to Ottawa ok, I pay like 760 for rent and thas include heat, hot water and hydro(el kahraba ya3ny), 350 to 400 for grocery, internet telephone and tv cable is like 130$, mobile around 100$, transportaion 170$, im talking about me and my wife so this is for 2 persons, of course if you have children you will pay more.

El rokhsa, 1 of the most important things here, if any 1 of you guys drives in Egypt just bring you egyptian liscence with you and when you come look for the egyptian embassy or consulate close to you & go ask them to translate your egyptian liscence and give you the letter that declares you already have adriving history in Egypt( they already know that stuff) this will cost you 41$, and then go to the closest Ministry of transportation office (you can google it when u come) and then go buy the traffic rules book, it's also available on thier website for free (ana 3an nafsy zakerto online because it is so easy) here is the link http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/ , but this is only for ontario, if you r heading anywhere else just google the right one for you, after you finish studying the book go directly to the MTO office again and ask them to do the written test, u will pay the fees and do it write away (i paid 150$ for both written and road tests) then if you passed they, give them your letter from the embassy and yr egyptian liscence & they will book you an apointment to do your road test and then get you liscence ISA.

Anyway, im so sorry eny tawel 3aleko, bas begad de ma3lomat mohema gedan mesh hatla2o 7ad y2olhalko lama teego, w 3ashan twafaro wa2t, ana 2a3at shohoor to know all that stuff, w mesh 3ayzko to7abato men kalamy plz, canada wallahy gameela & u will love it sooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, bas im trying to be realistic ma3ako 3ashan matetsedmoosh men 7agat makontoosh te3rafooha.

If you have any questions plz ask, w bel tawfee2 ISA :))

Mohamed

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rasha,

My advise to you. Don't worry about your husband job and settlement in Canada. From my experience when you pursue your dreams and you put your mind to be successful you will be no matter what . Again that depends on each person what they want from life. I know many of them who have education but can't do the work. In conclusion in my opinion it's all motivation and of course education as well.
I'm sure your husband is very smart and trust me he will find a way to make lots of money :0).
Good luck!!!