+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
On the weekend I was playing the game solitaire on my pc to see if my husband will be granted pr without interview... GUESS what 3 times I said if it opens it means he won't have to go through interview and it did open... i had such a good feeling about it but stupid of me thinking that way right :0(.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Boncuk said:
Acknowledgement of Receipt
That is funny Marlena.. I had every confidence she would get In Process today :)
Oh thanks! haha funny i somehow had now idea about what that meant.
AOR just shows that your application is in process, is it right? How long does it take for you to get a passport request?

I am not from the same continent as you so we don't get AOR but only update on Ecas. It takes us 5 to 9 months after ecas shows In Process to have the final result. How about you guys? What's the time line in your country?

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rorita is next week because of the election it will delay everything... But I'm sure by the middle of the month she will hear some good news or receive a letter requestiong her passport.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Oh thanks! haha funny i somehow had now idea about what that meant.
AOR just shows that your application is in process, is it right? How long does it take for you to get a passport request?

I am not from the same continent as you so we don't get AOR but only update on Ecas. It takes us 5 to 9 months after ecas shows In Process to have the final result. How about you guys? What's the time line in your country?
For us in Egypt the standard seems to be around 6 months some sooner some later depending on if they are called for interview. I had my ecas showing In Process about 60 days after I got approved in Mississauga and we received the AOR from Cairo on the following Thursday. I'm hoping to get my husband's visa by the end of August.. but we are together so it isn't as bad as some couples but I do need to get back to Canada for other family reasons and I want my kids to experience some warmth before the winter starts there :)

On the weekend I was playing the game solitaire on my pc to see if my husband will be granted pr without interview... GUESS what 3 times I said if it opens it means he won't have to go through interview and it did open... i had such a good feeling about it but stupid of me thinking that way right :0(.
There is nothing wrong with hoping and doing what you are doing... I made a wish on my birthday cake back in Feb that we would be out of here by the end of the Canadian summer.. who knows.. nothing wrong with praying and wishing.. isa by the winter holidays we will all be laughing and remembering these days of stress and anxiety biting our fingernails waiting for something to come!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thank you Marlena and Boncuk for your wishes...hopefully I will get that famous letter soon,
About dreams, well I dream a lot these days about being with my husband and ending this sad part of my life, but I don't know if it is God way of telling me that I will be done soon, or because I am constantly thinking about it.
Wait..wait..wait..that is all we can do, wait and pray...but tonight I will pray for the passanger of the air france plane and their families..they need the prayer more than me tonight...

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
HOUSTON!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!!!!!

We got the Bloody AOR - it came to my email, not his, I dunno why BUT I have his file number, and we have the AOR...

details:
AOR Recieved: June 10, 2009
Processing started on file: May 28, 2009

ok folks, it's official, we are in the running wooooo hooooooooooooo!

Alhumdulelah!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Congrats Rasha...it is a very good news, it is for real a very good week...
Your post made me laught...:))
Yalla , now you are officially into the wait game..hopefuly it will be short..
Good luck

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
ALF MABROUKKKKKKK I'M SO HAPPY WALLAH!

Seems strange that it got sent to your email. I guess you made an enquiry from your email at some point? I got one through my email as well but that was after I asked. But his AOR came in the mail before that. Maybe your hubby will still get it in the mail! Than you get the nifty little labels.. :) lol But really that's good news.. Now you are plugging along.. I pray for the interview being waived for you guys xx

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rasha congratulations!!! Thanina. Now we all in the same boat of course except for Rorita which BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY..... Also i wish all they waive the interview for all of us and grant us PR as the same time wouldn't that be cool!!!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Marlena, please tell me what did you did , that made you return with this high level of good mood and hope and dream and wishes..:))

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Thank you to EVERYONE :).

Boncuk - yah they replied to my June 1 email after I emailed when I was told it was not yet received by them - and I was fearing it was lost.

ANYWAY - isa all will be good, mafee interview inshallah, and we can breeze ya3ney very quickly.

Ok guys, keep the good news flowin' :)

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
wow mashallah good news Rasha!

Good news. Boncuk told me about it. :)

I hope they wave the interview!

I have also good news, my sister's husband landed (inland) last Friday! So we have no applications in process anymore! Thank god! :)

Anyways, I wish for everyone good luck! :) From now on, it is just waiting!

Fairouz