+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
To get an option c printout just call CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) call center and request one. It will reach you after three days. It is a detailed version of your tax return.

Good luck! :)

Fairouz

poetresse

Mar 7, 2008
Thank you Fairouz,
I just read the kit....and saw the number. :D
I am sending a photocopy of the kit to him thru a friend who is visiting. Hopefully by the end of this month he will have it in his hands and we can start looking at it so as not to get any surprises. I like to be prepared, so then at least when I am there everything will be straighforward and to the point and we will know what needs to be done, no guessing.
I will keep you updated.
Thanks once again for all your help.

poetresse

Mar 7, 2008
Here we go, another question.
I was going thru the forms....and IMM 5540 SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE Q#13) DO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY KNOW ABOUT YOU RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SPOUSE/PARTNER?
The answer is YES, but next to NO is an arrow stating to explain, so since it is yes, do I need to explain?

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
nope you don't need to explain if they already know. Just make sure anything that doesn't apply to u to put NA especially in the immigration forums. Sometimes, family doesn't approve of the marriage and this is why they ask for explaniation. Try to get letters from ur family supporting ur application, friends also can write letters, and they want 2 professional people who know about the relationship (this is outlined in the forms and also in the processing manual). I just had two professors and three co-workers writing me letters. They wrote that I was honest and wouldn't get in a relationship for immigration purposes and stuff like that. It was on a university letterhead. These things do help alot to show you are genuin. :) May save your husband a month or two if interview is waved.

Are you using a program or writing by hand? Make sure you read the guide very well ( I didn't and had a heart attack later but it all went ok) Make sure he write on the back of one photo. Make sure the photos are taking the same way they are described.

poetresse

Mar 7, 2008
oh fariouz....
thank you thank you thank you
you are a god sent, a blessing for helping so much
any other kinds of advice you are willing to share, please do, you have been very kind
so letters, from my manager at work...some friends...my family, his too, right?
btw...i'm writing by hand, that's ok?
thank you
poetresse

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
Yeah you can write it by hand, but on the computer is better.. that's my opinion anyways.. ( my hand writing is messy and my husbands writing is EVEN WORSEEEE) lol so yeah.. i would say do it on the computer...

Take care!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah your manager from work and your friends will be fine! :D Give them some tips. So they can write something to show that you are well off and that you will not need to enter a relationship for other purposes other than love. Also something to comment on your honesty and stuff like that helps alot :) Also, they can write how they watched your relationship developed and that you have visited. Make sure your friend's letters have the same dates as the ones in your application (some of my friends got them messed up). I wish they wave the interview for me and my husband.

AS Egypt 007 said you can write :) but for me to avoid spelling problems, then it is better to type. I used to enter applications into the system and even the best hand writing was a challanage sometimes. But I can't blame you if you want to do it this way. It is easier to write it up. :)

Goodluck poetresse! The application is very time consuming! lol I had sleepless nights when I was doing it.

Fairouz

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Mnasser and Fairouzm, I found this thread !! I feel overwhelmed already lol, and I am just reading your posts. Of course, now come a ton more questions....which I will intermittently post.

thanks in advance though, as you guys have a lot of information there....

Rasha

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Good luck Rasha,

Start early! Keep a file and keep everything in it. Trust me it helps aloooooooooooot. I had tons of evidance thank God. Anything you could do before hand will help you with frustration. I just want to warn you that DHL will send 2 kg of documents to CIC-M for just a little more than 1100 LE so if you gather doucments and take them with u to Canada if you are going back, then this will be alot cheaper. (Ie my sister used express post for under 20 dollars).

Best method of payment is online! They send a receipt to your email as well! You can keep this number to check if one day your e-cas (the sponsor) will work. lol :) Usually it works like after 18-22 days of sending your application.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Hey Guys,

I had a quick question....what's the scoop on Abu Dhabi processing? Please explain. My folks are in Dubai, and if this will speed things up...I wanna know :).

tia,

Rasha

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
What do u mean by folks? Your husband is living there. If he has a valid visa for a year. Ie work permit or legal residency visa for a year, then you can submit the application there.

They have different set of requirments as you will apply to an Asian country and you will need the documents for that region.

We were originally planning to apply there and we finished papers faster as they don't require many things. However, we had to move to Egypt and then we did alot of work just to get the documents prepared for the african region.

From a personal expereience with the Abu-dhabi office, they are faster. They processed my sister's applicaiton with in 4 months or less. She applied late November and her husband got the visa on early February. Interview was waved. They also send emails, and update e-cas more often than any other visa I know of.

There is other forums which has threads for Abu-dhabi's timelines. I would check those ones for sure.

However, the speed of the case depends on so many things such as age difference, similar culture, same religion, compatablity, etc. These are factors they look at when they classify your case as stright forward or complicated....

Also, the visa office has the authority to transfer your file to the country of nationality. :)

Also, there is a special way to fill the form (outlined in teh guide) in order for them to send it to the country of residence. This sometimes is ignored and is sent to wherever the IO wants it to go :) (It happened to one of people I know) They wanted it to go to London and instead they sent it to Syria.

One thing to remember, where your husband will be able to attend an interview if it was requested. Is it easier in Cairo or Abu-dhabi. Off-course if he is a resident of UAE it will be easier if he goes there. He also can check on his application, send documents faster if they are requested, etc.

Good luck with your application.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Don't worry Mnassar, I think it is in the mail considering that almost last week it was all holidays! :) Is this ur approval letter from CIC-M ?

Fairouz