+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hey Guys, i have a few questions, i've been here in Canada since may and i have all my papers ready, but i dont have my income tax. I've been calling them and asking for it, they keep telling me they will send it, but nothing yet...
Do i have to wait for it, or can i send my forms and documents w/o it? Do i need to explain why?
Please anyone let me know...i dont want to spend alot of time here in canada without my husband, need to go back to egypt.
Also, can someone confirm, how much it cost, please. And, how long it takes before i can get any reply from the immigration office of approval or rejection.....

Thanks in advance

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Oh, sorrry, but i have another question...the way my name is spelled (first name) in egypt is different than the way its spelled in Canada on some of my documents, is this gonna cause huge problems, can i send proof or picture id to show that this name/spelling in egypt is the same person but spelled different there??

Thanks

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
mmmmmmm Income tax. Tell me about it!

Ok you can send it and explain why you don't have an option c print out. However, it really depends on teh person processing your application so he/she may send it back or he/she may not. Somehow, I think the Option c is important coz it will tell them if you are recieving social assistance payments. So I would just ask them more to send it :)

The fees are 1040 if you plan to pay the permenant residence fee before hand. I would just do it right now coz it means less delay for you once they are ready to give visa. :)

express post is only 17 bucks for 2 kg applicaiton.

About the name. I have no idea as we made sure that the names do match. I guess you can send an explaniation and if there is a problem, they will let you know.

Fairouz

tamdoors

Jun 14, 2008
Dear Fillas,

I newly joined the forum and requesting your kind advice. First Let me put some facts on the ground:

-I'm a PR card holder since Jan 2006,I applied as a spouse of the main applicant "my ex-husband"

-Lately, I got engaged to a fine egyptian guy who is willing to come to Canada with me after we get married.

-My husband to be has already submitted an immigration file to CIC through London Office ,and the file still in process

-My future husband is a pharmacist working in gulf, he has previously passed the pharmacy evaluating exam. of the Canadian Board of Pharmacy ,and willing to pursue the remaining exams in Canada.

-We have enough fund up to 20,000$

-my PR card will expire on Jan 2011, so i need to travel asap in oder to make the minimum of 2 years -stayn in Canada- required by the CIC.

My question is : Can we apply for a visitor visa for my husband from Egyptian embassy after we get married so he can come to Canada with me? and from there - i mean while we are in Canada - can I start the process of sponsoring my husband???

please advise us,,,,many thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tamdoors said:
Dear Fillas,

I newly joined the forum and requesting your kind advice. First Let me put some facts on the ground:

-I'm a PR card holder since Jan 2006,I applied as a spouse of the main applicant "my ex-husband"

-Lately, I got engaged to a fine egyptian guy who is willing to come to Canada with me after we get married.

-My husband to be has already submitted an immigration file to CIC through London Office ,and the file still in process

-My future husband is a pharmacist working in gulf, he has previously passed the pharmacy evaluating exam. of the Canadian Board of Pharmacy ,and willing to pursue the remaining exams in Canada.

-We have enough fund up to 20,000$

-my PR card will expire on Jan 2011, so i need to travel asap in oder to make the minimum of 2 years -stayn in Canada- required by the CIC.

My question is : Can we apply for a visitor visa for my husband from Egyptian embassy after we get married so he can come to Canada with me? and from there - i mean while we are in Canada - can I start the process of sponsoring my husband???

please advise us,,,,many thanks
He can apply, but the chances of getting a TRV with a Canadian spouse are close to nil. CHC will assume that his intention is to remain in Canada permanently,

PMM

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hi,

I'm going to be sending all my forms and documents to CIC this week, and i was just wondering how long do i have to wait to get an initial response and how long of a wait till i know if my husband is approved or rejected?

I'm in Canada right now, but i only have about 2 months before i have to go back to Egypt..
Please let me know anyone,

Thanks

poetresse

Mar 7, 2008
Hi all. I know it has been some time....I have asked my fiance to give me the list he got from a friend of his earlier who already went thru the same process, from somebody who has arrived in Manitoba.
1- we have go to an office so that we can get a residence for u in Egypt for 1 month.
2- we will have to go the canadian embassy to get a paper for u which would give u permission to marry me in Egypt.
3- we will go to the ministery of exteriors to register the paper which we took from the embassy.
4- we will go to get married in the ministery of justice
5- when we get the paper of the marriage from the ministery of justice we will take them and register them in that office which i dont know any name for it in english and we will translate the marriage paper there as well.
6-we will go to the ministery of exteriors again to register the papers of our marriage.
7- and last thing to do is to register the translation of the papers of our marriage in the canadian embassy.

I have taken note of the list i recieved from this forum, so now i am confused.
I will have to email him the list i have from here. Has anyone else gone thru it this way?

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
wow this is a long list. Welcome to the Egyptian way of doing paperwork. :)

I didn't get married in Egypt but we had to register our marriage in Egypt and get Egyptian certificate. we had transilated it in the department of justice. The office that he doesn't know what is the name for it called (authorizing office or notrizing office tawtheeq). It is an extra step to authonticate papers. The authontication from the canadian embassy is not required and expensive. ::)

poetresse

Mar 7, 2008
Thank you as always fairouzm, :)
nobody else seems to reply. Isn't there anyone out there who has gotten married in egypt?
anyhow, we've decided to go on with the information i got from this thread. I told my fiance that I didn't see the point of #1 on the list since I will recieve an entry visa to enter the country and stay. and #2...do we really have to get permission from the embassy? I told him we could just get married in a mosque, it should be legal since canadian muslims do it in canada.
Maybe if someone had the number for the canadian embassy in egypt i could call and find out.