+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hey Guys,

I need urgent help, im here in Canada and my husband is in Egypt. I have all his paper's for my husband's sponsorshipin Egypt ,but a relative then told me that they all have to be stamped and certified from the canadian embassy in Egypt. Please can someone confirm, because if so, then i'll have to send all the paper back to Egypt.

Waiting for an URGENT Reply.
Thanks!

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
nope,

They don't have to be. I called the embassy in Cairo. They don't require it. Just a certified transilator is fine except for the birth certificate which has to be transilated by the health department in lazoughly and then u have to authniticate it in the foriegn affairs, marriage certificate has to be transilated by the justice ministry in lazoughly and stamped by the froeign affairs as well. for qaid aeli or kashf al ahl this has to be stamped (arabic version) by the foreign affairs first and then get transilated by a certified transilator. But no authontication from the Canadian embassy. :)

Some people do it and it costs so much (I think it was like more than 200 LEper document). This will cost a alot of money if we had to do it. I didn't do it. If they are not happy about anything, they will ask for you to redo it. I advice you to file asap as it will take long for them to look at the applicaiton anyways. You are looking at least for a month in CIC-M and then between 1 month to max of three (from previous posts of people) for the Cairo office to look at it.

Make sure you have a tracking number for it. Use express post and make sure you request a signiture or some sort of tracking online.

don't worry, I know two people who got the visa and they didn't authonticate anything at the canadian embassy. :)

I am in Canada now by the way! I love being home! I got job offers already! I am graduating from University this week and then I will have my baby alone :(
It is so sad that he can't come here to support me. I went to parental classes and I was the only one without a hubby. It felt so baaaaaaaad. Anyways, I hope he comes here fast. I wish that they issue a law where they have like a temp visa for husbands to attend special stuff like this and then if they don't leave Canada, they can deport them forcefully.

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
2day is day 24 & still didnt get my AIP letter from cpc mississauga :((

wat shall i do ? i need to contact them?
any1 knows the fax number so i can contact them?

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mnassar said:
2day is day 24 & still didnt get my AIP letter from cpc mississauga :((

wat shall i do ? i need to contact them?
any1 knows the fax number so i can contact them?

thanks
Since their processing time is 36 days, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship
they won't reply to you.

PMM

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello PMM,

If I remember correctly, Mnassar has filed his application on March 28th. So it is already almost 49 days. He can see a decsion made on e-cas but no letter yet. But seriously the Egyptian mail doesn't suprise me at all. It is not that reliable. It took for our letter almost more than 17 days to arrive from the Cairo office to our address in Cairo.

Mnassar, try to send a fax to CIC-M or call them via the program that Egypt 007 has posted here(she also posted a number) and ask them to resend the letter. :)

Hopefully this will work and I hope that your letter shows on ur door tom.

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

finally good news al 7amdolellah :))

masha ALLAH

mabrooook egypt007 w 3o2bal el ba2y :))

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
hayyyy guys how r u all?

anything new???

it has been 57 days now since my application processed in CPC but still my application status on ecas not "available"

YA RAB YASAR :))

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
HEY GUYS!! ITS BEEN A LONG TIME?? ANY NEW UPDATES??..

I've been in process for a month now al-hamdullah...

I had the same problem mmnaser... it was because of the last name..don't put ur whole last name.. just put ur "last" last name...

For ex:

John perry smith... You would put "smith"

Hope this helps!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Im soo happy its summer now guys,,, ANYONE GOIN TO ALEX?? I will bee goin soon!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
Egypt007 i ve a feeling that yr appl. didnt go to turkey or something & it was just a writing mistake..

anyway i wish i can go to the north coast this summer caz am really exahusted from the tashteed & all that stuff ,lol