+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Egypt 007. When I called the embassy here in Egypt, they told me that it is needed. I don't know. I was confused by the statment the ask your for in number 10 in the checklist so I asked them and they said send the aefa certificate as my husband didn't serve in the national service. So I guess it is safer for us to send it which we did anyways! :)

As for Mnassar,

If you reapply, you can. However, you will be again at the mercy of the IO plus you will have to resubmit ur doucments, etc. If you appeal, then it will take about a year or so, but with the help of a lawyer and showing that you are willing to appeal you may have better chances. The lawyer my sister had (she paid 3800) and also was suppose to pay for his ticket and accomidation if the court hearning was scheduled in Montreal. This one you don't have to submit more documents, other than a proof why the IO shouldn't of rejected u. You could provide more evidance. I hope that we all don't get refused. It is long stressful 8 months.

Fairouz

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Mnassar,

I think Egypt007 got it fixed as I read this on another forum :) But she will be here and speaking for herself soon!

Anyways,

I just have some disturbing news! It has been 1 month and 11 days since I got an approval and CIC-M didn't send my application to the Cairo Office yet. I emailed the Cairo office and they said that they haven't recieved it yet as of today. I know that this happened to another person as well. I don't know what is the hold but the fastest person was processed on 1 month and 10 days. So I hope mine gets processed fast. I can't wait anymore as I need to submit documenets to them.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh well,

Fairouz

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
AL hamdolellah that her problem is solved :))

Dont worry fairouzm ISA , khier , i think u r within the normal so ISA khier

Good Luck :))

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
Hi guys!!

Yes al-hamdullah i solved the problem. I called them the day before yesterday and they said they will transfer it to Egypt!!!

I really needed to call CIC call center real bad.. but long distance costs to much and you never know how long they'll make you wait...

So i went on search and found a software that calls Canada and the US for free until May 1, 2008!!!

Its called oovoo

http://www.oovoo.com//features/FreePhoneCalls.aspx

So guys download it and call!!!

FOR THE CIC CALL CENTER:

THIS IS THE NUMBER I CALL: 613-944-4000 then i PRESS "2" for immigration... then i press "0" to go straight to an agent...

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

look wat i found today on ecas

We received your application to sponsor *** on March 28, 2008.

We started processing your application on April 22, 2008.

We sent you a letter on April 22, 2008 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Is that a good newssssss ?!!!
ISA YA RAB :)))))

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
yes inshallah it is good news. So since you are living in Egypt, you will have to wait between 9-11 days to get ur letter :) so inshallah khair!

I am in Canada now and so happy!

Easy life!

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
ohhhh u went there?!!!
masha2 ALLAH

where do u live in canada? & when r u gonna give birth isa?

wish u all the best of luck

RABENA MA3AKY :))

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
thank u guyssssssss
I hop so ua RAB :)

wat abt u egypt007? anything new?

i think halifax is a small city isnt it? but it look really nice mashaALLAH i saw some pics of it:))
plz keep us updated abt yr situation guyss

GOOD LUCK :)

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Yah Halifax is not big. But I love it after being in Cairo for 4 months. lol. I am enjoying the fresh air, not so busy busses and great environment.

I don't want to leave here ever again. No news for me but I will call CIC monday and let you guys know if there is anything new!

Fairouz