+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a spouse from Egypt

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Hey guys, sorry i havent been on in a while. I havent had any internet access in a while. I have been reading through all ur posts and i just have a few quick questions.
First: Concerning, The army certificate thing for my husband that says his army is postponed, does that have to be translated? certified? or what? does he have to send the original?? He tells me it will be really hard to get another one,if he has to send the original? ya3ni original certificate? translated one? certified?...i dont know someone help.

Second: Are u guys sure that the Happy Land translation place is certified/approved, i was told to go to this place in Heliopolis (dont remember the name?), but 4 papers are for 1000 L.E? That is waaay to much for me.

Last: I'm going to be travelling to Canada to mail the applications from there. I want to make sure i have everything done, translated/certified/etc. before going. Do i,being the canadian sponsor have to get anything done from Egypt? I have been in Egypt for the past 4 years? + Do i have to get medical tests done??.

Thanks in Advance

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
I am just as you poetresse, I rarley got colds while I was in Canada despite the harsh weather. Here in Egypt, I get them every other week for some reason :)

Well, the qaid aeli shouldn't take long, don't let anybody mislead u as what happened with us. ok :)

well, the lady told us to go to ard el ma3ared for something. I forgot. She said they are quick over there. Check if there is sigil madni there. i don't know as I stopped going with my hubby. I let him do all the hard work.

Yah for the aefa just take it to happy international and that is it.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello Nessy!

Don't send the original army certificate as he will not be able to get a new one. Just take a copy for transilation. Happy international business center is not that expensive. In fact it was less than the amount we paid before for 4 pages as well. lol. We were scammed big time. They transilate the birth certificates for the health ministry and the lady herself said to my husband that they are certified by the canadian embassy and they accept documents from them. It is in medan lazoughly. A transilation copy of the military certificate will be fine! The embassy is closed today, but last time they said to me any place that is certified is accepted so we will see i guess.

Fairouz

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Thanks Fairouz,

Wallahi ur awesome.

Anyways, what is the latest with everyone applications?
I'm still filling out the application/gathering all the documents, Thank god for this forum, or else i would have probably already sent it in without having half the stuff done.

I just have another question, the rakaam qawmi, we went in to get our marital status changed and its been 2 weeks now and i still didnt get it back.

I was supposed to be off to Canada this weekend, but i had to postpone my ticket for that.
I'm pretty much done with everything except for translating my husband's army papers and getting qued el 2ali done
I'm getting really furious, i dont know what to do..

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Oh Nessy,

You should of done the express form for changing the raqam qawmi. it is for 75LE and they do it in three days. My husband got it after 4 days. I hate how things work out in Egypt. You should see how the shovelled us like cows when we went to do the raqam qawmi the police guy didn't even listen to us and put us in the wrong lineup. :) We left and then the next day we went to another office to do it. So which office are you doing your raqam qawmi from?
God help you!

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
I'm doing it from Ism Madinata Nasr 2, they told me today that if we wanted it faster, we could go to the abassiya to pick it up. And when we went to Abasiya they told us that it isnt possible and that we have to pick it up from Madinat nasr.
No Body Knows Anything in Egypt.
I decided to leave everything else for my husband to do on his own.

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
this is all fake

u can do it from anywhere caz everything now is computarized but they dont wanna do their work properly , they think that they r the kings of this country & we r their slaves.
thats sucksss

anyway , GOD bless u
ISA khier

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
ohhhhhh, the police station would take long to do. This is right if you do it fast, you have to go to the abassaya or zatoon. This is what they have told us. We tried abasya first but then my husband went to zatoon and got it there in 4 days. I know it is a lot of work to get anything in Egypt. But the qaid aeli shouldn't take long to do at all. My husband did the qaid aeli in abasya and be careful not to wait a month like us. They will tell u a computer has to fix something and blah blah blah. Just tell them to print what they have and it will be fine! Good luck guys!

Fairouz

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
Hey guys... Still no news.. :( i sent a fax to Canada... so hopefully this week i get some news..

About the military record.. you don't need to send it!!

I sent an e-mail to person who had her husband go through the cairo visa offcie and they never asked for the military record.... Only the kashf el ahl thats it!!

So you do not need to do the military record!!!!

Good Luck to all!!

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
actually am having trouble to translate my military record caz i discovered that they wrote my DOB wrong so i ve to fix it first "& sure u know wat does that mean to fix such a thing like this here in egypt" lol

So wat do u think guys? should i proceed?

Thanks alot Egypt007 & plz update us if u knew anything abt yr case

GOOD LUCK

mnassar

Star Member
Nov 19, 2007
guys i wanna ask a general quest. plz

if someone has been rejected, can he reapply again immediatly or the only option is to appeal?

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
Can someone quickly list all the things that have to be done from Egypt. Just to make sure im not missing anything.

Thanks in Advance,
Nessy