Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
EEapplicant said:
Hello Experts,

Need your advice in my spouse's case. Let me explain the scenario first:

What - My spouse applied for a SOWP (marriage date Oct 19, 2014).
When - November 4th, 2014
Why - I am working on PGWP with a permanent job of Skill-A category.
How - Online with 5 documents - app form, medical proof, passport copy, photograph, and relationship doc (marriage certificate) as didn't get option to upload my documents (pay stub, PGWP, job offer letter, etc)

Post-application update:
Nov 11 - my spouse got a call from a visa office inquiring about DOB of both of us and marriage date.
Nov 14 - online application column "Application/profile status = cancelled" but no messages from CIC (pdf file) and column "A final decision has been reached = blank"
Jan 20 - online application column "Application/profile status = cancelled" (same) and column "A final decision has been reached = Not started yet"
Mentioned above was my spouse's visa application timeline. I am updating as I know this will help a lot of people here.

Feb 4 - Application passed the quoted 3 months of processing time @ Chandigarh embassy)
Feb 10 - Called directly at embassy to inquire. After repeated attempts and explaining I should not wait more to check my application status online as it has already crossed 3 months timeline, the person gave me an email id to send my inquiry. Sent email at same time and got the reply in 2 hours to send proof of your spouse’s employment.
Feb 11: Sent documents and again got a reply in 3 hours to submit our passport.

So my spouse will submit passport and let's wait for the result :-X

rashi123

Nov 24, 2014
Hey Guys,

I did apply for Open Work Permit for myself on 27th Jan 2015 and my application just for approved. Received an email from CIC today that my application has been approved and my passport has been dispatched.

My application details:

Open Work Permit
Applied at VFS Delhi, India on 27th Jan 2015 (Paper based application)
Approved on 17th Feb 2015
Husband is a student - studying Masters of Electronics Commerce at Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
I did apply for visitor visa earlier which got rejected earlier...

I got my OWP in 21 Days!

:)

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
rashi123 said:
Hey Guys,

I did apply for Open Work Permit for myself on 27th Jan 2015 and my application just for approved. Received an email from CIC today that my application has been approved and my passport has been dispatched.

My application details:

Open Work Permit
Husband is a student - studying Masters of Electronics Commerce at Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS

I got my OWP in 21 Days!

Congrats...

Raj

heema

Oct 8, 2014
rashi123 said:
Hey Guys,

My application details:

Open Work Permit

I got my OWP in 21 Days!

Hey congratulations

Could you please share your checklist so that it will be helpful for the other people who are in the same line
Thank you

A_Sidhu

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
FST
Visa Office......
India
Help friends new processing time for work permit has been updated .. Chandigarh office processing time has been increased once again . Now it takes four months to process in Chandigarh. In Delhi office processing time is 2 months

heema

Oct 8, 2014
abhishek4u said:
Hey Guys,

I got rejection in Spouse Open Work Permit last month on 16th Jan,2015. No can i apply for Student visa as my wife is there on Student Visa from last 2 months? It takes 3-4 months in whole process like IELTS and n all.

Please give me your suggestions.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hi Abhishek
I don't think so student visa will favour you. As you already applied open work permit visa and it got rejected and if you gonna apply student visa now the chances of rejecting student visa is more and it happend too with few applicants. I have seen similar cases in the same forum. You can recheck. Please take any of the senior advises before proceeding. take any immigration lawyers advise which will be more helpful..

Paru123

Jan 28, 2015
I applied for sowp at Bangalore vfs @ jan 10. Was a paper application.its showing my appln is being processed at Canada visa office,Bangalore..time s really killing..

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
EEapplicant said:
Mentioned above was my spouse's visa application timeline. I am updating as I know this will help a lot of people here.

Feb 4 - Application passed the quoted 3 months of processing time @ Chandigarh embassy)
Feb 10 - Called directly at embassy to inquire. After repeated attempts and explaining I should not wait more to check my application status online as it has already crossed 3 months timeline, the person gave me an email id to send my inquiry. Sent email at same time and got the reply in 2 hours to send proof of your spouse's employment.
Feb 11: Sent documents and again got a reply in 3 hours to submit our passport.

So my spouse will submit passport and let's wait for the result :-X

Hi EEapplicant

I applied for Sowp on 19th Nov thru online system bt nt sure how to check abt Cahndigarh or Delhi. I live in Punjab (Patiala).Can you please share what email address it was and what did you mentioned in that email?

Thanks

TARU

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Paru123 said:
I applied for sowp at Bangalore vfs @ jan 10. Was a paper application.its showing my appln is being processed at Canada visa office,Bangalore..time s really killing..
Can someone know what is the processing time in Banglore.

Because it's showing on side 4 months for Chandigarh and 2 months for Delhi.

If someone know please posted here.

Taru

rifsim1216

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
I checked that before an hour n was wondering the same. But I have heard it's 2 months for bangalore.. When I went to submit my application they said the process is of 20 to 25 working days . Hope for the best..

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
vagaur said:
Hi EEapplicant

I applied for Sowp on 19th Nov thru online system bt nt sure how to check abt Cahndigarh or Delhi. I live in Punjab (Patiala).Can you please share what email address it was and what did you mentioned in that email?

Thanks
If you reside in Patiala then definitely CHD office is processing your application. You can send your enquiry at chandigarh-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and ask about the status. Remember to include all the details about your application in the email so that it would be easy for them to track your case.