+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP - November applicants from India

shallu7287

May 29, 2014
Swati26122011 said:
I am applying for SOWP.

I have got my upfront medical done recently.

I intend to add the name of my husband on my passport in the spouse's name column in order to solidify the proof of my marriage along with the marriage certificate i provide.

Now this would change my passport id and when the application is submitted would conflict with my proof of identity given in the upfront medical exam.

Thus my question is would this create any problem or would they not consider this mild change as alarming as i fear.

Plz help its urgent.
update them with this change or the new passport number if ur passport is reissued.

shamz

Dec 25, 2014
Hi All,
I have a situation and need an insight on the same,my wife got accepted at SFU for her Masters, so we applied online for study permit with her as the principal applicant and an open work permit for myself as the dependent and had applied the same on July 2nd 2015. Now the status has got updated with request for medicals and passport for my wife, request for medicals for me. We have completed the medicals and also send her passport as per request. Now does this mean i have a chance for obtaining open work permit and if so what are the chances and what more can i expect?

Mohit_ind

Dec 18, 2015
Hi guys

My wife and my 14 month old daughter is out in canada on a student permit till 2017 dec.
I hold a valid visit visa till 2020. I need to apply for SOWP for canada. Here is a brief profile so please advise as what is to be added as in terms of docs.
1. Hold a valid canada visit visa
2. Have my wife's paternal aunt in canada who has sponsored my wife's stay n education and would send me a sponsorship as we'll if required for stay n exp.
3. Traveled over 30 times outside india for work.
4. Self employed since 2004 post my MBA from india so no job experience to attach.
5. Have travelled to developed, developing and under developed economies.
6. Family ties strong.
7. Assets or property papers in place.

Should I go for upfront medical test and is PCC required as I just for my passport renewal done with police verification.

Thank you we'll in advance for your kind responses!

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
My husband applied on 21st December for SOWP in New Delhi. I have PGWP, by looking at the response so far it seems like Embassy is taking upto 2 months to process visas. Though when he submitted the application he was told that it will come in 20-25 busi days :mad:
Doesnt matter how long it takes I just want an approval. He didn't had a grat experiencce at VFS due to their carelessness he wasn't able to submit some documents we are so worried

Rv_2311

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Navprateek said:
My husband applied on 21st December for SOWP in New Delhi. I have PGWP, by looking at the response so far it seems like Embassy is taking upto 2 months to process visas. Though when he submitted the application he was told that it will come in 20-25 busi days :mad:
Doesnt matter how long it takes I just want an approval. He didn't had a grat experiencce at VFS due to their carelessness he wasn't able to submit some documents we are so worried
Hi Navprateek,

I am going to be in a similar situation soon, do you advise to get my wife here on visitor and then apply for her SOWP or from home country??

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Rv_2311 said:
Hi Navprateek,

I am going to be in a similar situation soon, do you advise to get my wife here on visitor and then apply for her SOWP or from home country??
Hi,
I think its same both ways around. I myself was confused but depending on my case lawyer suggestted us to apply for SOWP from India as my husband was in canada from 2010-2015. We got married in sep 2015. The only thing I can say is if your wife gets a visitor Visa chances are more to get a SOWP approved looking at other cases and it can take upto 3-4 months for processing inside Canada but again getting a visitor visa itself is not a sureity.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Mohit_ind said:
Hi guys

My wife and my 14 month old daughter is out in canada on a student permit till 2017 dec.
I hold a valid visit visa till 2020. I need to apply for SOWP for canada. Here is a brief profile so please advise as what is to be added as in terms of docs.
1. Hold a valid canada visit visa
2. Have my wife's paternal aunt in canada who has sponsored my wife's stay n education and would send me a sponsorship as we'll if required for stay n exp.
3. Traveled over 30 times outside india for work.
4. Self employed since 2004 post my MBA from india so no job experience to attach.
5. Have travelled to developed, developing and under developed economies.
6. Family ties strong.
7. Assets or property papers in place.

Should I go for upfront medical test and is PCC required as I just for my passport renewal done with police verification.

Thank you we'll in advance for your kind responses!
You are planning to apply for SOWP frm India or after landing in Canada?

Mohit_ind

Dec 18, 2015
Hi Navprateek

I am open to both. Either or which is easier and less time taking. Please advise as what would be ideal one for me.
Thanks

Navprateek said:
You are planning to apply for SOWP frm India or after landing in Canada?

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi Everyone

I just want to share my case of SOWP. I applied for my spouse SOWP on the basis of my PNP I have NOC C job and post grad work permit. My spouse got rejection within a month stating reason Spouse NOC which was an error( as the rules got changed after the rejection on 9th november). I sent an email to program manager at New Delhi in India and we received an email for passport request they have changed the status to open. So guys never lose hope it was our 3rd time that we applied for SOWP and this time we got it approved after the rejection.
Timeline

Applied online : 7th october 2015
Medical Passed : 10th October 2015
Rejection : 4th November
Sent email for reconsideration ( Reason was error in law ) : 13th November program manager Delhi India ( Ms. Shannon Fraser )
Got file reopen : 9th Dec
Passport request : 9th Dec
Passport Submit : 9th Dec
Passport dispatched : 6th Jan
Online update : Approved 6th Jan
Passport Received : 7th Jan

Good Luck

Vagaur

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
vagaur said:
Hi Everyone

I just want to share my case of SOWP. I applied for my spouse SOWP on the basis of my PNP I have NOC C job and post grad work permit. My spouse got rejection within a month stating reason Spouse NOC which was an error( as the rules got changed after the rejection on 9th november). I sent an email to program manager at New Delhi in India and we received an email for passport request they have changed the status to open. So guys never lose hope it was our 3rd time that we applied for SOWP and this time we got it approved after the rejection.
Timeline

Applied online : 7th october 2015
Medical Passed : 10th October 2015
Rejection : 4th November
Sent email for reconsideration ( Reason was error in law ) : 13th November program manager Delhi India ( Ms. Shannon Fraser )
Got file reopen : 9th Dec
Passport request : 9th Dec
Passport Submit : 9th Dec
Passport dispatched : 6th Jan
Online update : Approved 6th Jan
Passport Received : 7th Jan

Good Luck

Vagaur
Thanks for the info, do you have the email address for high commission by chance?

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Navprateek said:
Thanks for the info, do you have the email address for high commission by chance?
Hi Navprateek

Email is delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Good Luck
Vagaur

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
vagaur said:
Hi Navprateek

Email is delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Good Luck
Vagaur
Thanks for the reply. I have another question. My husband missed to submit few documents should I email them with the tracking number and attach pdf files for missing documents. Do you think they will be able to attach them. Current status of application jus says your visa application was processed on dec 21 at new delhi.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Navprateek said:
Thanks for the reply. I have another question. My husband missed to submit few documents should I email them with the tracking number and attach pdf files for missing documents. Do you think they will be able to attach them. Current status of application jus says your visa application was processed on dec 21 at new delhi.
Hey

Which documents did he missed??

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
vagaur said:
Hey

Which documents did he missed??
He missed my bank statements which will confirm my income from work.he did attach my job offer letter but it doesn't says my job duties so I have a letter from work which we want to attach it says about NOC code responsibilities and job Requirements

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Navprateek said:
He missed my bank statements which will confirm my income from work.he did attach my job offer letter but it doesn't says my job duties so I have a letter from work which we want to attach it says about NOC code responsibilities and job Requirements
I will say send the email it doesn't hurt to send it. make sure to provide all the info regarding why you didn't send it earlier and the application number you husband's name and DOB.

Good Luck