+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Neerja.k

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Hi @gauravsharma11210
I got my PGWP few days back and now I want to apply for my husband’s SOWP Who is currently in India.

Background-
we have been together since 2014
I came to Canada on a Study Permit and graduated in April 2020
my husband (then boyfriend) applied for a visitors twice in late 2018 and February 2019 (both rejected)
we got married in May 2020
Now I have NOC A (full time job) and 3 pay stubs
Are there still high chances of refusal now?
should I take help of immigration lawyer or apply it myself

yashiharu

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
What is the valid period of SOWP?
same as the date on entry Canada (and receive the OWP)
OR
the date which the SP holder start the course?

and how about the end date?
SP's course end dayOR intern end day?

ab1528

Oct 26, 2020
My husband has 3 year work permit. I am planning to apply for SOWP. Can he apply for TRV for India while I apply for SOWP? Can both the application be done in parallel?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
What is the valid period of SOWP?
same as the date on entry Canada (and receive the OWP)
OR
the date which the SP holder start the course?

and how about the end date?
SP's course end dayOR intern end day?
Start date when SP enters Canada, expiry date the same as SP. It is usually course end date + 3 months

Nov 10, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have submitted my wife's open work permit on August 23, 2020.I have valid open work permit and I have been working in a Company since June 6th 2020(NOC 0). My wife has a valid visitor visa and she is already in Canada.
For some reason I want to quit my job and work for another company (NOC C).
My question is will this affect my wife's application?
Thanks in advance.

jain.lucku833

May 31, 2019
Hi,

I am applying for ICT work permit and my wife will accompany me to canada. Does she need to apply for spousal work permit or will she get it by default as she is accompanying me? If she need to apply for it, so can she apply right after I get me work permit issued ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
I have submitted my wife's open work permit on August 23, 2020.I have valid open work permit and I have been working in a Company since June 6th 2020(NOC 0). My wife has a valid visitor visa and she is already in Canada.
Thanks in advance.
Yes because you are not working in NOC 0, A or B. Not sure why you would not work in your NOC 0 job for at least a year to benefit your PR application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am applying for ICT work permit and my wife will accompany me to canada. Does she need to apply for spousal work permit or will she get it by default as she is accompanying me? If she need to apply for it, so can she apply right after I get me work permit issued ?
Yes she needs to apply for an OWP. Yes you can apply after you are approved or could have applied together.

destinybath

Aug 19, 2012
Hello friends,

I am applying for SOWP as my wife is in (Regina,SK) Canada with PGWP status. I have a question about NOC code of her job. She has got letter from her employer (Burger King) mentioning her as a full time employee. Her current position is written as ''SHIFT CO-ORDINATOR''. Does any one knows about the NOC code of this job title?

destinybath

Aug 19, 2012
Hello friends,

I need an advice from expert members about my SOWP application. My wife just got her PGWP in September 2020 which is only valid till July 2021. She has all the documents ready for my SOWP like, full time job in NOC 0, 3 pay stubs. I was thinking if I will submit my application from India now it will take 21 weeks for processing, and it would already be close to July 2021 by the time it will be processed & there would be very high chances of refusal.

Do you guys think i should apply for my SOWP application now OR wait till she gets longer work permit next year.

Anybody encountered the same situation please shed some light on my query. TIA

Muzzi6191

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi
Guys would like your insight on this if possible
I came as a student in 2018 august applied for SOWP for my wife and dependent child after 6 months.My wife went through an interview and the application was resfused.General reasons for refusal i.e She will not return back home,Not sufficient funds etc (we showed property and cash funds of around 35 lac Pkr).We than again applied a vistor visa for both my wife and daughter and again it was refused.Same general reasons.
Now i have Open work permit and I am working in NOC O and have pay stubs and everything I am going to apply SOWP again and visitor visa for my wife.I will be showing she is working in Pakistan and will attach supporting documents for that aswell.Funds of around 26000$ shown aswell and property shown.A good Sop with address to both refusal will be attached aswell.Anything I lack or anything you guys can suggest me will be appreciated.my wife already has given biometrics so hoping file will be processed smoothly.Looking forward to the reply especially from the author of this group.

Muzzi6191

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi
Guys would like your insight on this if possible
I came as a student in 2018 august applied for SOWP for my wife and dependent child after 6 months.My wife went through an interview and the application was resfused.General reasons for refusal i.e She will not return back home,Not sufficient funds etc (we showed property and cash funds of around 35 lac Pkr).We than again applied a vistor visa for both my wife and daughter and again it was refused.Same general reasons.
Now i have Open work permit and I am working in NOC O and have pay stubs and everything I am going to apply SOWP again and visitor visa for my wife.I will be showing she is working in Pakistan and will attach supporting documents for that aswell.Funds of around 26000$ shown aswell and property shown.A good Sop with address to both refusal will be attached aswell.Anything I lack or anything you guys can suggest me will be appreciated.my wife already has given biometrics so hoping file will be processed smoothly.Looking forward to the reply especially from the author of this group.
Sorry working in NOC B

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hi everyone,
Thanks in advance.
Yes

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
Do we need medical test when applying from US . Please let me know if you have any idea . Mine is LMIA work permit and SOWP for my wife submitted together in august 2020
Biometrics given in august last week .
i have not received any other response after that .
I am thinking of submitting the medical test upfront .