+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

masan

Oct 16, 2020
Hey @gauravsharma11210 & folks,

Can you pls help or suggest something for my wife's open work permit case. it has been excruciating wait time.

I'm in Canada on closed work permit & applied for my wife's open work permit last year.....It is still pending decision.

December 14th 2019 - Upfront Medical completed in New Delhi
December 20th 2019 - Case filed
December 31st 2019 - Biometrics completed at VFS/New Delhi

It is still decision pending.

Chakravarty

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hello..
I am going to apply for study permit for the jan 2021 intake. And then afterwards we will apply for my husband sowp and child visit visa.
I have some doubts as follows:

1. Can we apply for sowp and visit after i start my classes there..or do we have to wait for some time before applying..?
2. For sowp and visit visa together..how much proof of funds should my husband show..?
3. Its been two years since our marriage. We couldnt add our spouses names on the passport as of yet...will that be necessary or it wont pose any problem while applying for any permit..?

It would be grateful if these doubts are clarified at the earliest..
Hi have u applied for your visa.I am also in similar situation

Achuni

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hi, I submitted my passport and now I got notification 'Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office and is on transit to the Canada Visa Application Centre ". But still no change in my gckey account. What should be the next step and when will this get updated?

Anchal:

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hey @gauravsharma11210 & folks,

Can you pls help or suggest something for my wife's open work permit case. it has been excruciating wait time.

I'm in Canada on closed work permit & applied for my wife's open work permit last year.....It is still pending decision.

December 14th 2019 - Upfront Medical completed in New Delhi
December 20th 2019 - Case filed
December 31st 2019 - Biometrics completed at VFS/New Delhi

It is still decision pending.
have you tried gcms notes? this much wait is certainly not normal even during pandemic.

wang0209

May 24, 2020
I apply SOWP in 2020 Sep 29th .
November 2th request for police clearance certificate (done)
November 9th request for Medical. (done November 11th)
now still waiting for final result.
because I have been refused 5 times before, so this is my 6 times apply the visa.very worry abut the final decision

• Wow
Reactions: Sad93

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friends, I am in a frustrating situation and hope you guys can help me. I (EU national) and my spouse (non-EU national) applied on August 18th for study permit and SOWP in London. I got my second stage approval couple of days ago and ready to go to Canada but unfortunately we did not recieve a single update on my spouse's application yet, not evenabout reviewing the eligibility! I sent couple of webforms and they answered that his application is in process. He did the biometrics and does not need to do medical so his application is complete. I was wondering if it is happening to other people too that their applications processed seperately. Is there a chance that they don't give the final answer on his application until the end of December? I really can not travel alone :(

Reactions: Buik84

sakuragichian

Sep 7, 2020
Hi guys

I have question regarding my wife open work permit, I already got valid work permit which will be expired in April 2021, but I head back to my country due to COVID outbreak, I plan to travel back to Canada in Jan 2021, by then my work permit is valid less than 6 months before it's expire, in this case, can my wife get her open work permit at the airport ? we have all the approved documents , employment contract , authorization letter from IRCC and POE

Thanks

Buik84

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
13-05-2020
AOR Received.
23-08-2020
Med's Done....
01-10-2020
Dear friends, I am in a frustrating situation and hope you guys can help me. I (EU national) and my spouse (non-EU national) applied on August 18th for study permit and SOWP in London. I got my second stage approval couple of days ago and ready to go to Canada but unfortunately we did not recieve a single update on my spouse's application yet, not evenabout reviewing the eligibility! I sent couple of webforms and they answered that his application is in process. He did the biometrics and does not need to do medical so his application is complete. I was wondering if it is happening to other people too that their applications processed seperately. Is there a chance that they don't give the final answer on his application until the end of December? I really can not travel alone :(
I am in a similar situation (EU citizen, wife not), I am a temporary worker with NOC 0 and a CWP of 4 years, I applied for my wife outland SOWP online, AOR 8 September 2020. They linked her old biometrics on 9 September (on applicant information top right section, not on Details about your application status, where it is still "we do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes"), then nothing till today, when I saw a ghost update and in Review of eligibility the status changed from "your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." We uploaded the medical since the beginning, but upfront medical is still not updated and shows "you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes). We are on process also for Express entry PR, AOR 23 August 2020. Hopefully today's ghost update will bring an approval soon!

• Sad
Reactions: Sad93

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
I am in a similar situation (EU citizen, wife not), I am a temporary worker with NOC 0 and a CWP of 4 years, I applied for my wife outland SOWP online, AOR 8 September 2020. They linked her old biometrics on 9 September (on applicant information top right section, not on Details about your application status, where it is still "we do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes"), then nothing till today, when I saw a ghost update and in Review of eligibility the status changed from "your application is in progress, we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" to "we are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." We uploaded the medical since the beginning, but upfront medical is still not updated and shows "you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes). We are on process also for Express entry PR, AOR 23 August 2020. Hopefully today's ghost update will bring an approval soon!
My spouse does not need to do medical and he also had his biometrics in the system so he submitted a complete application on 18th of August and not a single update until today. Not even about eligibility!! I sent two webforms and they replied to both that the application is in process!

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
April 2020 application filed online outside Canada

Additional document req & medical: sep 2020
Medical passed: Oct 6th, 2020
Biometric: Oct 20th, 2020
BVL: Oct 26th, 2020
Additional doc review started on Oct 27th, 2020

so my question is is this a good or bad sign? medical passed before BVL but additional doc review started after getting BVL.

today its now one month from receiving BVL.

Please comment.

Thanks

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
hi anyone who received PGWP and applied for extension of spouse OWP?? if anyone can provide sample of reference letter from employee will be grateful. thank you!!its urgent please

tryyourbest

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi Guys

My study permit (2-year program but the last term is CO-OP) and my wife's TRV has been approved. I plan to apply for a SOWP for my wife after she gets her passport with TRV.

We plan to stay in our home country until the end of the second term until April 30 then and move to Canada. Then I will be a student in Canada only for 1 year.

What will be the fund that we need to prove for my wife's SOWP application, do we need still to show a two-year fund for a living (14000x2 year) and also an unpaid tuition fee which is 8000 CAD for the rest of the program. I think they should consider our situation and expect only 1-year fund for living.

Thanks.