Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
2)Is their any time limit under which we are suppose to travel to Canada after getting our SOWP approved? My spouse is applying for his SOWP now but he intends to travel after six months.
I don't know. It never happened to me so I never looked as well. My wife travelled with me and was issued permit at the airport.

Reactions: Nirisha88

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hello folks,

I applied for spouse open work permit in March 2020 and got refusal in May 2020. I just want to know that Should I apply again in this pandemic time?

Please help me out.
At what exact date did you apply and got decision? What is your status in Canada

Smash03

Sep 11, 2020
Hello..
I am going to apply for study permit for the jan 2021 intake. And then afterwards we will apply for my husband sowp and child visit visa.
I have some doubts as follows:

1. Can we apply for sowp and visit after i start my classes there..or do we have to wait for some time before applying..?
2. For sowp and visit visa together..how much proof of funds should my husband show..?
3. Its been two years since our marriage. We couldnt add our spouses names on the passport as of yet...will that be necessary or it wont pose any problem while applying for any permit..?

It would be grateful if these doubts are clarified at the earliest..

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Applied SOWP from Pakistan on Jan 14, 2020. No update as of now.
I was wondering if a simple job offer (not LMIA supported) in skill level B would help expedite the processing which is very slow due to COVID-19?
Will it make it essential travel since it is supported by a job offer?

tryyourbest

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hello @gauravsharma11210

I have applied for study permit for myself and TRV for my wife in the same application (combined app). I have AIP now. normally after taking full aproval of study permit for myself and TRV for my wife, I plan to apply SOWP for my wife in my country.

The question is; can I apply for SOWP for my wife after that process without taking study permit at the border with POE letter in my home country?
Is poe letter enough for the criteria of "spouse must have a valid study permit" ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Applied SOWP from Pakistan on Jan 14, 2020. No update as of now.
I was wondering if a simple job offer (not LMIA supported) in skill level B would help expedite the processing which is very slow due to COVID-19?
Will it make it essential travel since it is supported by a job offer?
I don’t think it will, it will only help once the application is approved because a job offer will mean she/he doesn’t need to apply for travel exemption before coming down to Canada

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi,

I am on my PGWP (one year) and my husband is also on PGWP (3 years), My PGWP will be expiring in November 2020 and his PGWP is valid until Nov. 2022.

I am planning to apply for SOWP from inside Canada while my PGWP is still valid on my husband's PGWP.

I would like to know if it is necessary to show ties to the home country and proof of funds even if I am applying from inside Canada with valid PGWP?

tryyourbest

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hello @gauravsharma11210

I have applied for study permit for myself and TRV for my wife in the same application (combined app). I have AIP now. normally after taking full aproval of study permit for myself and TRV for my wife, I plan to apply SOWP for my wife in my country.

The question is; can I apply for SOWP for my wife after that process without taking study permit at the border with POE letter in my home country?
Is poe letter enough for the criteria of "spouse must have a valid study permit" ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Please answer my question :(

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hello @gauravsharma11210

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Hi,

I am almost in the similar situation, Did you apply for SOWP from your home country ? Or waiting to get study permit at POE and then apply ??

tryyourbest

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
Hi,

I am almost in the similar situation, Did you apply for SOWP from your home country ? Or waiting to get study permit at POE and then apply ??
Embassy holding decisions and because of that, I am waiting. Also, I am not sure about, if we apply SOWP after taking TRV in ur home country and without waiting results travel to Canada with TRV, after approval, can my wife take a work permit in Canada?

kool30

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I am not sure whether, we can apply SOWP from our home country before receiving study permit at POE or landing in Canada.

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi gauravsharma11210 and the rest of you,

I am currently in Canada, working full time under my PGWP for the last 6 months. I haven't received an ITA yet for PR, so I have been thinking of the below options to bring my family here. Would someone let me know which of the following would have the best chance of approval?

OR What would one ideally do in my situation?

1. Apply for SOWP for wife and visitor visa for kids - but I just don't know how I will provide a purpose of visit and explain return to home country at the end of permit

2. Apply for visitor visa for both wife and kids. Once they are in Canada (maybe in another 6 months) I will apply for SOWP for wife and extend the visitor status/study permit for kids

3. Wait for an ITA for PR then apply for PR and then go ahead with option 1. Then, with option 1 I can explain the visa officer that my purpose of visit is permanent residency as our PR application will be under process. Even option 2 will be possible, I guess.

All your comments and suggestions will be of help. Kindly help.