+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

SOFRED

Jan 24, 2020
Hello, I applied for a Study Permit toghether with my wife and daughter. MY SP has been granted but by wife (SOWP) and daughter's (SP) were both refused main reason because of funds. On Jan 30 they filed a new application for OWP (even showing more funds) and SP, and its been more than 5 weeks with no response. We are mexicans appliying from Mexico and according to CIC the period is 3 weeks aprox. We are urged because we want to move together, my study program begins on May and don't know how much more time can it take. Any advise or suggestion? TNX!!!
Hi all. It’s been 3.5 months since re-applying for my wife’s SOWP and daughter’s SP but there is no response from IRCC. We requested status info 1 months ago but nothing. We understand Covid19 is delaying processes, but any suggest here?

mrinzy

May 22, 2020
Hi, I have a SOWP as my husband is on a PGWP. However, my work permit is expiring on June 9th and I am stuck in India due to COVID. Both my husband and I have full-time jobs in Canada. Should I apply for an extension from within Canada or Outside Canada? When I try to apply from within Canada it is not giving an option to insert my local Indian address where I will need to have my work permit delivered and also for Biometric. When I try to apply from outside Canada is not giving me an option to insert any details of my current work permit. I am very confused as to what to do. Any help will be highly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have a SOWP as my husband is on a PGWP. However, my work permit is expiring on June 9th and I am stuck in India due to COVID. Both my husband and I have full-time jobs in Canada. Should I apply for an extension from within Canada or Outside Canada? When I try to apply from within Canada it is not giving an option to insert my local Indian address where I will need to have my work permit delivered and also for Biometric. When I try to apply from outside Canada is not giving me an option to insert any details of my current work permit. I am very confused as to what to do. Any help will be highly appreciated.
How do you qualify for the extension? Is your husband currently working?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You’ll need to apply from outside Canada with proof of you husband’s PGWP, job in NOC 0, A or B and 3 payslips. Your current work permit is not an issue. You qualify for an SOWP based on your husband’s PGWP and job.

Reactions: mrinzy

mrinzy

May 22, 2020
You’ll need to apply from outside Canada with proof of you husband’s PGWP, job in NOC 0, A or B and 3 payslips. Your current work permit is not an issue. You qualify for an SOWP based on your husband’s PGWP and job.
Can I continue working after applying for the new work permit? Thank you so much for your reply.

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hi,

I am in Canada working from Jan 2020 in NOC A job full time. My husband is currently working in a IT job in India and he had applied for SOWP along with my one month's paystub and bank balance in Canada reflecting 7000 CAD. But the SOWP application has been rejected saying the Visa officer is not satisfied with the funds shown. Can you please help me with how much funds should be shown by me in Canada and should my husband also show proof of funds in his India account? If yes, how much? Kindly help me as we are not able to get this information properly and we have to re apply.

Lola2019

Nov 9, 2019
Hi,

I have SP while my husband is on SOWP. If my husband gets a job after landing in Canada, Is it possible to:
1. Use that job offer to apply in the Express entry pool or is PNP better towards a PR?
2. Will this affect the person on Study permit negatively or no problem?
3. What is your advice or suggestion?
thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I have SP while my husband is on SOWP. If my husband gets a job after landing in Canada, Is it possible to:
1. Use that job offer to apply in the Express entry pool or is PNP better towards a PR?
thank you.
1. To count as a job offer for points, the employer needs and LMIA. No one here can say if PNP is better for your situation; you will need to actually research that.

2. No.

3. Research.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

thank you.
Have you received your SP yet? Based on your other posts it doesn’t seem so. Has your spouse received their SOWP? SOWP isn’t guaranteed for spouses of international students.

svijay.99

Apr 8, 2012
Hi there , I applied spouse open work permit on 31 January and on 26 February i got request letter for my pcc and driving history I submitted on 15 march and no updates after that. On 12. My i got correspondence letter then after that no updates whats you think guys