+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
Hello, I applied for open work permit along with my 4.5 years old daughter, after 101 days I finally got medical request and done our medical on 24 July and my daughter passed her medical on 26th July I cleared mine on 29 th 2019, but we didn't get the passport submission request yet, how long we need to wait?
Did you get ppr...whats the decision...i'm in a similar situation

sunny242728

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Indore M.P
Visa Office......
Banglore
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016 spp category
IELTS Request
upfront 6.5 overall
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
upfront 26-07-2016
Med's Done....
passed 20-08-2016
Passport Req..
Received on 03-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-8-2016
LANDED..........
12-09-2016

Abyjozeph03

Aug 14, 2019
Not unless you can prove your relationship is genuine. Also, you need to provide a solid reason why you got married after the visa of your spouse.
We were in love for the past 3.7 years and finally our family also agreed our relationship, but since my spouse had a elder sister we were waiting for her marriage to take place first due to our culture. So we decided to get our marriage legaly registered but without any functions or ceremony. We did it in the presence of our guardians as they are the witnes signees.

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Hi guys, so my story is
- I've got my PGWP (3year, 2019-2022), got a nocB job and 6 recent payslips, but have not applied for visa visitor.
- My wife's open work permit has expired on July 31st and she's already applied for Temporary Visitor record (implied status with submission confirmation).

My question is " Can both of us go flagpole at the border to get SOWP" ?

-Some said we had to have a valid visa to re-enter Canada otherwise we'd be in No man's land situation while get refusal paper from US but can't enter into Canada again.

-But some others say that we only need to bring Valid passport, workpermit (of husband), and Submission confirmation (visitor record application of wife). Because "flagpole" is not entering US, just to get a refusal letter, so technically We're still in Canada's land. So we don't need to prove any paper but the WP, valid passport.

A foreign national is exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa if.... ( please read 190 3(f) https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-190.html )

I need an advice. My wife has a job offer but doesn't have a OWP to do so. I want to make it asap, otherwise we have to wait extra 6 months. We need to work to pay a bill.

Thank you for your time, guys.

jithilseb1

Aug 31, 2019
India
Category........
Hi gaurav I am applying SOWP.My wife is a student in canada.I am currently working in Saudi Arabia.

1)should I apply for SOWP from Saudi Arabia or from India ?

2)Me and my we’re together in Saudi Arabia later we decided for taking student visa for canada.As we were already living outside home country will that increase the chance for rejection?

Timir

Sep 3, 2019
Hi, I am applying for sowp from india on 8 th July , Biometric done on 11th July , medical passed on 12 th Augest, but after that no any update. Can someone suggest me how long it will take for passport request? Thank you

joelfernandes

Feb 22, 2018
Hey Guys .....

Can somebody guide me how to get open work permit on the basis of spousal study permit?
Applicant is on VISITOR visa in Canada. His wife is on study permit in CANADA...(study starting in AUG)
Both Husband and wife are in Canada right now.

1 can he apply from Inside Canada?Like Change of status from visitor to worker
2 Documents he needs

Please respond me if someone has done this thing before.
Any help would be much appreciated
Our situation is the exactly the same as yours
Have you applied moved on with the SOWP application ? Would appreciate if we could connect
Thanks