SOWP, ask me anything.

dgnile3888

Aug 22, 2018
Hi I’m studying here in Winnipeg, started my college on 5th of this
Month I want to apply SOWP for
My spouse, I have $2500 in my account here plus gic for
My self
and my wife’s uncle going to sponsor her from
India probably he going to show more than $ 20000 of fixed deposits and property as well and I’m going to show
My immovable property as well. My question is can her uncle show his bank
Balance and get notarised sponsorship letter ? Thanks please help

dgnile3888

Aug 22, 2018
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hi I’m studying here in Winnipeg, started my college on 5th of this
Month I want to apply SOWP for
My spouse, I have $2500 in my account here plus gic for
My self
and my wife’s uncle going to sponsor her from
India probably he going to show more than $ 20000 of fixed deposits and property as well and I’m going to show
My immovable property as well. My question is can her uncle show his bank
Balance and get notarised sponsorship letter ? Thanks please help

ABS6602

Jun 10, 2019
Dear All ,

I would like to seek your advice regarding my situation .
My spouse is studying in Canada and I have an approved TRV . Now I am planning to apply for both EE and SOWP .
I need to know is there any contradiction to apply both in the same time ?
Is there any risk to get SOWP rejected in case I would apply for both applications ?
What is the best approach is to apply EE first then the SOWP or vise versa ?
Also , What will better and faster ? applying for SOWP from inside canada or from outside ?

Thanks in advance.

creativerbl

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
I dont think there are any contradictions. I applied for EE in March, still in pool. Used the same GC Key to apply for SOWP, got approved today

kalyan1990

Jul 25, 2017
Hi Guys,
I'm an indian citizen currently on a PR . My wife will be joining me on a visitor visa soon. We're planning to apply for inland spousal sponsorship and OWP simultaneously. But i'm confused as to whether my spouse would need her ECA done. She has a bachelors in engineering and currently working in europe. Can anybody who has done OWP and inland spouse sponsorship together help me with the clarification.

Thanks in advance.

lohchab

Jul 24, 2019
Hey Guys .....

Can somebody guide me how to get open work permit on the basis of spousal study permit?
Applicant is on VISITOR visa in Canada. His wife is on study permit in CANADA...(study starting in AUG)
Both Husband and wife are in Canada right now.

1 can he apply from Inside Canada?Like Change of status from visitor to worker
2 Documents he needs

Please respond me if someone has done this thing before.
Any help would be much appreciated

Hi Sofia,

Have u got your SOWP?, i am here in Canada with similar situation.
Please reply

dnell

Jun 23, 2017
Hi, I am on OWP which is valid till June 20, 2020. I had applied for SOWP(outside canada) for my wife on Sep 17th, without doing an upfront medical exam. Its been 5 weeks now, yet there has not been a request made for medical exam. Should I ask my wife to do a medical exam even before receiving a request from IRCC ? Will that help speeding up the process?
How long will it take for the medical test results to show up on the application?

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
Hi, I am on OWP which is valid till June 20, 2020. I had applied for SOWP(outside canada) for my wife on Sep 17th, without doing an upfront medical exam. Its been 5 weeks now, yet there has not been a request made for medical exam. Should I ask my wife to do a medical exam even before receiving a request from IRCC ? Will that help speeding up the process?
How long will it take for the medical test results to show up on the application?
It's the same for us. I am on a Study Permit. My wife applied on Sep 16 from Nepal. We still haven't received a medical request. The estimated time on the website is still 8 weeks but we are already in week 7. Fingers crossed.

Do let us know if there is any progress!

dnell

Jun 23, 2017
It's the same for us. I am on a Study Permit. My wife applied on Sep 16 from Nepal. We still haven't received a medical request. The estimated time on the website is still 8 weeks but we are already in week 7. Fingers crossed.

Do let us know if there is any progress!

Sure thing! I am thinking of getting in touch with them directly if i dont see any updates in the next two weeks.

squgeim

Aug 18, 2018
Sure thing! I am thinking of getting in touch with them directly if i dont see any updates in the next two weeks.
We received the medical request yesterday (on Nov 1). It was almost 7 weeks. Will finish medical is a couple of days, and the waiting starts again.