+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi Gaurav
It submitted same job letter as you mentioned above. Now I have two options, first is to apply again which will take another 3 months to process. Second is put case specific enquiry over web on Delhi high commission. What do you suggest is the best way to go.
Your wife is here in Canada? Ask her to contact LOCAL MP office and provide the necessary documentation to them. Provincial Nomination bears the NOC code. If she has that. They might be able to help you with current application that was refused. Also she can call CIC and tell them everything and get guidance

Ramandeepbrar

Jun 28, 2018
Hi, my spouse open work permit (SOWP) has been approved for 1 year (issue date: 12/01/2017, valid until: 04/01/2019).

Please advice on following queries:
  1. It means she can enter before 04/01/2019 in canada, but the stay period counter (i.e. 1 year) will be actually started either from the landing date or from the issue date (i.e. 12/01/2017) ?
  2. For renewal after expiration, Do I need to get renewed my WP first and after that I apply for renewal of SOWP, or I can apply renewal of both mine WP and SOWP together?
Thanks in anticipation!

Kind Regards,
Plz tell me the documents list that are required to apply for sowp

Crox1989

May 23, 2018
Hello everyone, here is my situation.

I recently finished my studies in Montreal and now working (Category A - skilled worker). I will get married next september outside canada (Morocco). I read on CIC.com that my wife would then be elligible to a Spouse open work permit (In theory). The fact is that my PR application is under processing (3 months now), so as soon as i marry i should declare the marriage to IRCC, after which i will get 30 days to submit new forms and informations to add her to the PR demand.

So my question is, would those 2 processes (PR and SOWP) be in conflit ? cause i certainly would be doing them seperately (although the "joining both" option is recommended : Adding her to PR and asking for OWP as an add-on, but heard a lot about how SOWP gets blocked until the PR is approved in principle, meaning after 12 months...).

Another thing, she now has a 3 years visitor visa (multiple entry), and would be coming here with me after our travel in september (6-8 weeks as a tourist on the basis of my invitation), so i'm thinking about flagpoling as i did it myself and it worked, but dont know if it will for her.

What do you guys think ? what would be the fastest way for her to get here and be eligible to work.

Thank you

andrei0917

Star Member
Oct 6, 2017
Hello, should I leave duration of expected employment blank? Or put one year from the day I filled out the application?

princeexpedition

Mar 1, 2017
SOWP allows to travel outside Canada any number of trips? Actually, I got my SOWP(applied through online) but still waiting for get my passport back. I have doubt regarding the number of entries(Multiple or Single) and it is possible that I travel after 6 months later. And I think I will get the same duration as my wife has(Aug 2019) which means total duration might be 13 months and would like to travel after 6 months. Please help me.. Thanks in advance.

Jul 6, 2018
Hi All,

Currently i am in USA with H1B visa and i have applied for Intra company transfer( Closed work permit) to canada. Still its in internal processing within the company. I have few doubts regarding the processing time.
Am an indian citizen. I changed my indian company to US based company

1. How long will it take to process my work permit to get approve once its submitted.
2. Is there any premium processing available for intra company transfer

Thanks
Abhi

liadostewart

Jul 17, 2018
Good day,

My wife got nominated by Manitoba for permanent residence with me as a dependent on the application. Can I apply for an open work permit based on her nomination? She works in a class C job type so I could not apply before.

If so what will I need to submit in the application? Is a copy of the nomination letter all i need along with her work permit ?

Thanks in advance

sahelfllh

Jul 23, 2018
Hi,

We got a SOWP for my mother but because my dad's permit was expiring on September so she only got 2 months of OWP which in this short time we are not sure if she can start a job. I was wondering now that my dad's permit is extended, can she also extend her open work permit without being employed?

ohmygawd

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
Hello, I'm wondering
1. If I am able to apply for EE while I have an active PR application under PNP in progress. I tried to create a profile and it said you have an application in progress.
2. Can I apply or work permit for my spouse while waiting for my PR application to be approved, I have just passed the medicals in June, but I can't wait the whole 19 months before having my spouse over. I know the requirements for work permit for spouse is having a full time NOC B job (30hrs). I currently have a NOC C job (40hrs) and a NOC B job (20hrs). I'm in a dilemma. Any help will be appreciated...Thanks in advance.

Sanmu

Jul 25, 2018
Hello All,

I have applied for my husband's open work permit online on June 5th from India. He did his medical upfront in Delhi and the online account shows that he passed the medical exam. We haven't heard anything from CIC yet and the application is still in progress. Meanwhile, he also got a job offer in Canada. But we didn't mention about that in his OWP application. The employer wants him to come and join as soon as possible. What should we do and how long is it going to take?

Profile details: I am on PGWP valid until 2020. NOC A level job.
I am also eligible for PR. All documents are in place, just waiting for his OWP approval.
Husband also has a visitor visa valid until 2024.
Documents submitted: My employment letter with NOC code, job details, pay stubs, my PGWP and passport, India property documents, my savings ($23,000), his savings ($15,000), marriage certificate, his passport has my name in spouse section and letters of invitation and explanation.

subakumaran

Star Member
May 15, 2013
I had a job until December 2018.
Starting January me and friend cofounded a company and I am the CTO of it.
Also I am working for a US company remotely.

I applied for spouse open work permit with all documents except pay stub since the US company does not issue pay stub and the company which I founded is still in its initial stage.

However in additional to usual documents,
I have added the following
- Experience letter from my previous company
- Contract from the US company which is currently valid
- T4 for last year
- Letter from the CEO of the company which I Cofounded

Anybody else in this situation where they got the SOWP approved without paystubs when self employed?

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
Hello All,

I have applied for my husband's open work permit online on June 5th from India. He did his medical upfront in Delhi and the online account shows that he passed the medical exam. We haven't heard anything from CIC yet and the application is still in progress. Meanwhile, he also got a job offer in Canada. But we didn't mention about that in his OWP application. The employer wants him to come and join as soon as possible. What should we do and how long is it going to take?

Profile details: I am on PGWP valid until 2020. NOC A level job.
I am also eligible for PR. All documents are in place, just waiting for his OWP approval.
Husband also has a visitor visa valid until 2024.
Documents submitted: My employment letter with NOC code, job details, pay stubs, my PGWP and passport, India property documents, my savings ($23,000), his savings ($15,000), marriage certificate, his passport has my name in spouse section and letters of invitation and explanation.
You should have applied Spousal open work permit whenever he comes to canada as a tourist. In other words, your husband has visitor visa right? First he should have come to canada and then should have applied SWOP it would take 20 minutes to get OWP at the Port of entry anywhere in Canada.

dhruv_14288

Aug 6, 2018
HELLO SIR,
my wife is international student in canada (toronto) with post graduate diploma in business management course 2 year study. i want to join her with spouse open work permit. could you please suggest me how can i apply that visa and which documents i need? all please tell me all documents with proof of funds all that...
thank you..