+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Nikul

Jun 13, 2018
Hi.
My medical and PCC just submitted last week..
So now how long it will take to get visa stamp..??

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
hi, can you please help me out if u can it will be appreciated

I have applied for spouse open work permit by online 50 days ago from India

my agent has GCkey account and its already linked my application with GCKEY account when my agent submitted. but now I linked with my another GCkey account to see my application status.

do u have any idea it will be any effect to my application? Thank you very much if u can reply me.
You should have been a bit patient here. If you did not have trust in your agent, you should have submitted your file yourself. It takes almost 12-14 weeks for the file to process as per the normal processing times for India. Generally it takes around 6 months. I am not sure what to be done next. Check with the High Comission of Canada New Delhi helpline

anushakasu

Mar 21, 2018
Hi

I have applied for SOWP on 25th May 2018 through lawyer in canada.

May i know when can I expect medicals??

Does this process takes as per the timeline process or processing time may increase??

Can you please suggest

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi

I have applied for SOWP on 25th May 2018 through lawyer in canada.

May i know when can I expect medicals??

Does this process takes as per the timeline process or processing time may increase??

Can you please suggest
Expect medical between 1-1.5 months from application date. Its good to expect. No one can be sure how much time they might take. We really can not do anything unless the normal processing times breach. Say around 90 days from date of application. So be patient.

Dhaval90

Jun 13, 2018
You should have been a bit patient here. If you did not have trust in your agent, you should have submitted your file yourself. It takes almost 12-14 weeks for the file to process as per the normal processing times for India. Generally it takes around 6 months. I am not sure what to be done next. Check with the High Comission of Canada New Delhi helpline
ok but what about i linked my application 2 times with GCkey. its ok or not
is there any idea pls let me know. thanks

Pinky2587

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hello I have a question if someone can help me, if my husband changes his country of residence, like move from one country to another while on the verge of processing his application, do we have to notify the cic? Cause I know each country has different processing times right? Will this affect his chances of getting refusal? He applied his sowp online.

Seniors please help!

Krish24

Jun 20, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I have applied online open work permit for my wife on 30 April 2018 without medical upfront. I am a international student in canada. since my wife is in india so for sure file is processing in india. Can anybody suggest how much time it will take to process our application?

krishna88

Star Member
Dec 26, 2016
My lawyer applied for SOWP on 17th may. But she did not attach any of my marriage photos. She said that your spouse has your name on her passport and your marriage certificate is apostille from MEA. And if CIC wants they will send you a message to upload it. Now after reading the forum, I am kind of afraid. Is there any way I can send marriage photo to CIC online. Its been almost 1.5 months and I have not heard anything from CIC.

mj9

Jun 15, 2018
My lawyer applied for SOWP on 17th may. But she did not attach any of my marriage photos. She said that your spouse has your name on her passport and your marriage certificate is apostille from MEA. And if CIC wants they will send you a message to upload it. Now after reading the forum, I am kind of afraid. Is there any way I can send marriage photo to CIC online. Its been almost 1.5 months and I have not heard anything from CIC.
I think you are good so far. Having spouse's name is considered one of the strong proofs of genuine marriage but not having name is also totally fine now as they accept it if the girl does not wish to change the name. However, CIC will give you an update if they require more proof. The reason you have not heard back is because there is a lot of delay in processing the applications i believe. It is 11 weeks at the moment. I am waiting to hear too.

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I have applied online open work permit for my wife on 30 April 2018 without medical upfront. I am a international student in canada. since my wife is in india so for sure file is processing in india. Can anybody suggest how much time it will take to process our application?
give or take 90 days atleast

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
You have a CIC account to which your application has been linked if it was paper based??

Sunny26

Apr 23, 2018
The job reference letter must have:
Job designation, roles and responsibilities clearly mentioned, job start date, hourly/monthly/weekly etc pay rate, signed and stamped by the business owner or HR and if possible the job NOC code on the letter too.
If your wife has provincial nomination also, provide that too
Hi Gaurav
It submitted same job letter as you mentioned above. Now I have two options, first is to apply again which will take another 3 months to process. Second is put case specific enquiry over web on Delhi high commission. What do you suggest is the best way to go.