+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

DB2018

Aug 9, 2018
Hi All:

I'm a permanent resident of Canada. I have sponsored my wife for PR. She also has a visitor visa to Canada and she is in Canada now.

I have applied for SOWP and provided all documents that they request for (IMM5710, Passport Photo Copy, Letter of Explanation, Medicals).

Could someone tell me what is the processing time for this sorta application ?

Thanks in advance
Hi bala29may

I just submitted my wife's application for Work Permit & PR (inside Canada). I'm a Canadian citizen and she's on a visitor visa living with me in Canada. Have you heard back yet?

Thanks!

deepika18

Sep 2, 2018
Hi all,

My husband is currently working in Saskatchewan as Post Doctoral fellow and i am working in Bangalore.
We are planning to apply for SOWP but when i filed the form for Open work permit it just asked me to upload couple of documents i.e Marriage Certificate,Photo,Passport,Proof of Medical.

I have couple of questions:
1) Where should i upload my husband employment details or any other supporting documents?
2) My US student visa was rejected in May 2018 will it affect my open work permit? rejection.
3)So if i am working will it prove that i have ties to my home country if not? how can i prove as i dont have any property in my name?

Experts Kindly give your suggestions?

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
HEllo Friends,

I was filling documents for Sowp Forms. for my wife its imm 1295, IMM 5707, Imm 5713,

I was filing for my 6 yrs old daughter its IMM 5257 pp and photo. but i dont see the form for medical request for my daughter as shown for my wife.

Is it normal

Pls comments

cheers

uipatel

Oct 3, 2018
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hello

I am permanent residence of canada and i just got married in september 2018.Now i am applying for my Spouse open work permit.
My question is do i apply for Spousal PR file first or Open work permit first?
Which one is faster and recommended first?

Thanks

Engreza

Oct 7, 2018
Hi all
I applied for sowp inside canada on 27 Aug ,and the processing is 6weeks which is passed
But no update on my application what should I do?
Need your kind help
Thank you

ching008

Oct 9, 2018
Hi,
kindly help me with my application.
My husband is under NLPNP and got his WP approved, to our mistake he didn’t apply my SOWP along with his application,and now i need to do it online but there are no options or required documents to submit like my husband WP or his PN.i just need to upload the ff:
IMM 1295
FAMILY Info
Passport
Photo
Proof of relationship
Addt’l docs
IMM 5257
Client Info.
Is there anything i need to submit?

larim

Mar 27, 2018
Hi,
kindly help me with my application.
My husband is under NLPNP and got his WP approved, to our mistake he didn’t apply my SOWP along with his application,and now i need to do it online but there are no options or required documents to submit like my husband WP or his PN.i just need to upload the ff:
IMM 1295
FAMILY Info
Passport
Photo
Proof of relationship
Addt’l docs
IMM 5257
Client Info.
Is there anything i need to submit?
Insert your husband's work permit, letter of employment and invitation. I applied for my SOWP and I dind't insert any additional documents. Now I am afraid that my application will be refused or delayed because I only attached the mandatory documents.

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hello friends.

I have prepared document for sowp..

In imm 5707 e. Do I need to put my name or my wife name as main applicant.

I am in Canada wp. My wife in India.

Pls help

Cheers

kubosz00

Oct 2, 2018
Hi, Please help answer one question. I have PGWP and I work in NOC B on part-time position in hospital. However every week I work 30 hours. I have 3 biweekly payslips for a 60 hours each paycheque. Can I apply for SOWP for my husband?

Reactions: ching008