+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear All,

I will complete my Master's degree in Canada on September 2024.

After the completion of my degree,i wish to apply for a PGWP.

My first question is,
Can I apply for PGWP from my home country (India) or should I apply for it in Canada only.

Let's say i get the PGWP on January 1st,2024...

My second question is,
Can i travel back to India after the PGWP is issued?..
If yes ....Then can i re-enter Canada on a PGWP or do I need a visitor visa to enter Canada?

And my third question is,
If i need a visitor visa,Can i apply for it simultaneously while my application for PGWP is in process or that visitor visa must be applied only after my PGWP is issued?
Nothing to do with SOWP. This is thread o SOWP.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
So I'm on a PGWP. I requested my wife's SOWP after I got the 3 paystubs and just before her older permit expired. In one of the sections of the application process, it asks if the applicant will be working in any health related job, and I said no (if it's a yes, it asks for medical exams). So she got her maintained status letter and started looking for a job. Now, her permit hasn't been approved yet and she got a job as a PSW. Do I need to change that specific question in the application?

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
Hi,

I applied for PGWP + SOWP in may 2022. At that time I was in a NOC C job. thereafter I switched to another job but that too was in NOC C and it wasa temporary position. Now I am not working and the file for PGWP+SOWP isn't processed.

Is it advisable to withdraw the SOWP Application and file for a TRV (Visitor)? Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.

rajns

Star Member
Jan 28, 2022
Need help.

Working on closed work permit in Canada in noc a job.
Got married recently and applied for sowp from India.
Would like to apply for PR as well and thinking of couple of options:
1. Apply for PR now for both while sowp is still in process. May take another 3-4 months based on current trend.
Will this impact in-progress sowp application in any manner in terms of additional delay or impacting approval.
2. Wait till sowp is approved and wife moves to Canada and then apply for PR together.

Essentially looking for options that would allow wife to be able to come to Canada as soon as possible.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I applied for PGWP + SOWP in may 2022. At that time I was in a NOC C job. thereafter I switched to another job but that too was in NOC C and it wasa temporary position. Now I am not working and the file for PGWP+SOWP isn't processed.

Is it advisable to withdraw the SOWP Application and file for a TRV (Visitor)? Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you.
You were not eligible in May or now. You need a NOC A, B or 0 job for your spouse to be eligible for a SOWP.

Your spouse can apply for TRV and need to show ties to home country (job letter with approved leave, business, children, properties), funds, travel history and reasons to travel.

Reactions: ashucan

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hi

I am on SOWP which is expiring on Dec 31. The TRV also expires on Dec 31.
My wife got her PGWP and also found a NOC B job recently. At present she only has one pay stub along with the employment contract. We need to travel but intend to return before Dec 31.
My questions
1 - is it possible to go for flagpoling with just one pay stub and get my SOWP extension at the border
2 - Travel without flagpoling while the application for SOWP extension is in process and return before the TRV expires

Any other way we can travel and return before Dec 31

Rokeshbheemaiah

Aug 8, 2020
Bengaluru
Category........
STUDY
Hi

I am on SP which is expiring on Sep 24 and I'll be graduating on Aug 23.
Need to apply for SOWP for my wife (software developer with 6years experience) and Visitor Visa for 1 month old Baby.

My questions
1 - Is Medical required for baby? If so can we have medical upfront for both?
2 - Biometric required for baby?
3 - 15k CAD is enough for funds for both Sowp+Kid?
4 Any other additional requirements for baby like insurance?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

I am on SP which is expiring on Sep 24 and I'll be graduating on Aug 23.
Need to apply for SOWP for my wife (software developer with 6years experience) and Visitor Visa for 1 month old Baby.

My questions
1 - Is Medical required for baby? If so can we have medical upfront for both?
2 - Biometric required for baby?
3 - 15k CAD is enough for funds for both Sowp+Kid?
4 Any other additional requirements for baby like insurance?
1. Wife - yes. Baby - no (unless asked)
2. No
3. If that is above what you showed to get study permit then yes. If not, you want minimum of $17k as per requirements.
4. Look at UHIP or provincial plan and if baby is covered.

Rokeshbheemaiah

Aug 8, 2020
Bengaluru
Category........
STUDY
1. Wife - yes. Baby - no (unless asked)
2. No
3. If that is above what you showed to get study permit then yes. If not, you want minimum of $17k as per requirements.
4. Look at UHIP or provincial plan and if baby is covered.
Thank you.

15k CAD in my spouse account. I received SP under SDS category and didn't mention any funds other than 1 year fees and gic.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Reactions: Rokeshbheemaiah

Derik

Aug 10, 2022
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hi, I am the primary applicant in my SOWP file and my husband is in Canada on PGWP. I had 9 Months of experience in my Home Country and I was working as a Lab Technician. As I was paid by Cash I don't have any salary slip as well my income is low. so, I didn't file any Tax Return. I have my job offer latter with me. Is it fine if I only upload my job offer letter (Which include my salary) in SOWP application? Thanks in Advance