+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

May 9, 2014
May I ask what were reasons for refusal and basis for reconsideration? Are your children school age and should have applied for study permits. Reconsiderations are not a formal process so surprised they said they would reply within 30 days. Never known IRCC to reply within timelines.
he major reasons were not satisfied with financial situation. Although GIC funds for family, declaration, bank statement and assets assessment were provided. Provided justification letter through web form and received reply that they will review in 30 days but no response after 45 days now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
he major reasons were not satisfied with financial situation. Although GIC funds for family, declaration, bank statement and assets assessment were provided. Provided justification letter through web form and received reply that they will review in 30 days but no response after 45 days now.
Hopefully you receive a response soon. IRCC will look at liquid and GIC funds to support family of 4.

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hey there. So, I'm about to apply for my spouse and kids. I'm a PGWP holder. I have NOC B Full time job and a NOC C part time job. I have more than 6 months of pay slips for both the job. My friends managed to lend me some funds and my Canadian bank account balance is close to $18,000.

1)Is it ok if I show the statement of my bank which would reveal the funds being loaned? I tried asking my bank CIBC to give me a balance certificate but they wouldn't comply.
2)I logged in to NETBANKING and saved as PDF which shows my current balance with the login details and my name appearing. Should that be fine?

3)Also, me and my wife don't own any property but my wife's mother is willing to sponsor her for the duration of the stay and also showed CAD $325,708.40 property value. Would this strengthen my spouse and kids application?

If 1 and 2 doesn't work I might open an account in Scotia bank as they are willing to provide balance certificate with Bank Seal. The only problem is my friends who loaned the amount should wait a bit longer.

kartik20012021

Sep 13, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for SOWP For myself and my daughter sept 3 2021, yesterday my daughter got PPR but I am still waiting, has anyone else experienced this?

rajns

Star Member
Jan 28, 2022
To bring spouse to Canada while I'm on closed work permit noc a, which one is better route?
1. Apply for sowp from outside Canada first for spouse and then file for pr together while sowp is in process?
2. Or apply for pr first for both (one inland and the other outside) and then apply for sowp?
Appreciate any guidance.

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hello guys
Please can you suggest my spouse is in PGWP and received the PNP nomination certificates?
Can I apply SOWP first and one month later file PNP PR?
Will this make any issues?

Jul 13, 2022
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hi everyone!
I am currently studying a one year’ Masters Degree in Toronto which will finish in May 2023. I initially came to Canada in spousal open work permit and then applied for study permit for studying. Now after completion of studies, which visa do I need to apply if I wish to work here(PGWP OR SOWP)?, as my wife will be studying in Toronto till 2026 and my initial work permit was also valid till the same time. Kindly help...

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hello guys,
Does anyone advise if SOWP with kids' study permits is in the process from outside Canada, Can we apply for PNP pr?
Will it make any dual intent disadvantages for both files?
Please guide me.

Hirendhanwani

Feb 7, 2020
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hello,

Good Day!

I have applied Specific employer WP , i got job offer and LMIA related to my profession.

I have submitted application via Canada based consultant in Aug 2022.

As per my country the processing time is 15 to 16 weeks.

i want to know how many weeks approx IRCC is taking to process the WP with LMIA.

Regards,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone!
I am currently studying a one year’ Masters Degree in Toronto which will finish in May 2023. I initially came to Canada in spousal open work permit and then applied for study permit for studying. Now after completion of studies, which visa do I need to apply if I wish to work here(PGWP OR SOWP)?, as my wife will be studying in Toronto till 2026 and my initial work permit was also valid till the same time. Kindly help...
You are considered a primary applicant so you won’t qualify for an SOWP when your wife studies. When you finish your studies you can apply for a 1 year PGWP or if you can find an employer to sponsor with an LMIA then you can apply for a closed work permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Good Day!

I have applied Specific employer WP , i got job offer and LMIA related to my profession.

I have submitted application via Canada based consultant in Aug 2022.

As per my country the processing time is 15 to 16 weeks.

i want to know how many weeks approx IRCC is taking to process the WP with LMIA.

Regards,
The LMIA is already approved? Could take close to 6 months.

fangda

Sep 22, 2022
In SOWP application, am I the principal applicant?
My wife already has study permit and she is currently in Canada. I am outside of Canada and applying for SOWP.