+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

NFarjana

Aug 10, 2022
hello.. I have a query. Can you tell me what type of visa should be applied after getting open work permit? Also can you tell me the procedure in detail after getting SOWP.

Sardar_Ali

Mar 24, 2021
Hello All,
My wife has recently completed her medical studies in India. She has not taken up a job yet. I'm on a PGWP and applying for her SOWP. Need help in writing SOP. What could be some strong points I could mention? What reason can I specify for her return back to India? Please suggest.

Last edited:

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hi all, I'm holding a PGWP till 2023. My wife is living in the UK and applying for a SOWP based on my PGWP. AOR is 23 June.

The processing time for Work Permit from UK is 12 weeks but it's almost 14 weeks now. The status is still "We will inform you when we start reviewing your eligibility" => they haven't even started processing yet.

What is the situation with you guys?

ChrisCan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Hey there friends, hopefully somebody can take some time help me out with an inquiry. My original PGWP expired in December, I got the extension by mail which extended it to 2024. I wanted to extend it for the same length for my spouse by flagpoling, however she was refused on the basis that they do not extend it at the border if you already have one. If we apply online can she still keep working even if her current permit expires?

Oct 10, 2022
Hi there. My husband is a student of fall 2022 intake. We got married recently in april 2022 only, can I apply for SOWP? Will I get the visa if I apply?

Lynguyen25

Oct 11, 2022
Hello,
My husband applied for SP (non-sds) and I for SOWP at the same time, our bio was in May 25, 2022. However, until now, only my husband got his visa (in Aug) and already went to Canada for the fall-intake and I am still waiting. We applied from Vietnam.
Do you guys have any information about the timeline of other similar cases?
Thank you so much!!

yvcj1029

Oct 19, 2022
Hello. My husband already has his work permit and currently working in Canada. I am also in Canada now but with a visit visa only and want to apply for OWP, my question is do i still need to provide his 3 paystub in my application?

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
I applied for SOWP while I am waiting for PGWP and do not have the required paystubs as I am currently not working.
Any similar case where SOWP is issued?
Also the issue was when I applied for my SOWP I forgot to mention the breaks in Job, the employer remained same while For last more than 10 years.

How can one update the details or should I withdraw the application and file again?

Oct 7, 2022
Dear All,

I will complete my Master's degree in Canada on September 2024.

After the completion of my degree,i wish to apply for a PGWP.

My first question is,
Can I apply for PGWP from my home country (India) or should I apply for it in Canada only.

Let's say i get the PGWP on January 1st,2024...

My second question is,
Can i travel back to India after the PGWP is issued?..
If yes ....Then can i re-enter Canada on a PGWP or do I need a visitor visa to enter Canada?

And my third question is,
If i need a visitor visa,Can i apply for it simultaneously while my application for PGWP is in process or that visitor visa must be applied only after my PGWP is issued?