+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

thomas06

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
I applied from India. The purpose of visit is to celebrate my birthday with my husband. I am on a full time job in India. And applied to go there for 2 weeks.
I applied for the same reason as well and applied from India .
I mentioned the travel date for the birthday but it already crossed.
So lets hope at least next month any positive news for spousal Vv. Otherwise have to apply for SOWP only.
Right now SOWP cases are moving faster within 4 months.

hp19

Jun 25, 2020
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
My husband applied for both his pgwp and my sowp extension same time. We were not aware that it needs NOC O, B job. Now we are being asked to show proof which we can’t give. My question is if they reject my sowp extension, can I still work till my current sowp expiry date which is Feb next year?

Pradeep Reddy

Sep 3, 2020
Hello all.

My wife is on PGWP (got approved on June 12). She got a NOC B job and joined CTS on Aug 8. I applied SOWP on June 16. My question Is according to current trend there is no ADR. How can I let them know that she is working or is it necessary to let them know?
Can anyone pls suggest.
File June 12 2022
Medicals upfront and Biometrics done ( both from previous VV refusal)
Medicals got updated Aug 10 2022
Review started Aug 10 2022
Waiting for PPR

Nidsk

Jul 21, 2022
Hello all.

My wife is on PGWP (got approved on June 12). She got a NOC B job and joined CTS on Aug 8. I applied SOWP on June 16. My question Is according to current trend there is no ADR. How can I let them know that she is working or is it necessary to let them know?
Can anyone pls suggest.
File June 12 2022
Waiting for PPR
Any updated? My review started on Aug 17

Neha T

Aug 19, 2022
Hi ! if anyone help me to understand I have already applied for Visitor visa can i still apply for SOWP without withdrawing my visitor visa application?

angie20

Feb 3, 2021
Hi guys,

Need advice. My husband (SOWP), has received a message from IRCC to provide all PCCs from any country he had resided >6 months after 18 years old. So far I have not received any though. THe problem is he was only given 2 weeks of time to provide his PCC. We can get one from our home country at the same day, but he used to live in Japan and the PCC would take 2 months earliest until we receive it at our home country.

IRCC mentions that any documents relating to PCC will not be able to be uploaded after 2 weeks and any failure to comply with this requirement will impact on the decision making of the application I suppose.

Please anyone have any similar experience before? We are planning to upload the acknowledgement form from the Japanese Embassy that PCC would take 2 months of time frame and upload the PCC from our home country first. But not sure if this would be a good move.

Thank you!!

rajns

Star Member
Jan 28, 2022
Will the sowp be issued till the expiry of sponsoring spouse's TRV or work permit?
The TRV is expiring in 20 days but the closed work permit is valid through 2024.

Wondering if it's safe to apply for sowp now from outside Canada or should wait till spouse's new TRV gets stamped inside Canada.

parthvzala

Aug 27, 2022
Hello all.

Can anyone pls suggest.
File June 12 2022
Waiting for PPR
Hello, congrats I saw you got PPR.

Did you apply yourself or through an agent? I'm in Canada on PGWP and want to apply for my wife's SOWP. If you applied yourself can you please list of documents? thanks

parthvzala

Aug 27, 2022
Any questions/queries regarding SOWP and Express Entry? Just start typing!
Hi,

I'm currently on PGWP and have NOC - A job. I want to apply for my wife's SOWP. Shall I create a new account for her and apply from my account? does that decide which visa office application will go?
Also, Do I need to show funds in her account or her father's account is okay? thanks

Neha T

Aug 19, 2022
Hi I would like to know I have already applied for Spouse Visitor visa on 11th July 2022 and there is no update till date as looking at the trend SOWP is moving fast so can I apply both the applications simultaneously or I need to wait for outcome of my VV application.

May 9, 2014
Hello All, my wife SOWP and kids visa were refused. I requested for reconsideration through webform. I received email that migration office will review and reply in 30 days. Its 40 days now but I haven't got any other communication. Any idea how long Abu Dhabi Office take in responding? Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All, my wife SOWP and kids visa were refused. I requested for reconsideration through webform. I received email that migration office will review and reply in 30 days. Its 40 days now but I haven't got any other communication. Any idea how long Abu Dhabi Office take in responding? Thanks
May I ask what were reasons for refusal and basis for reconsideration? Are your children school age and should have applied for study permits. Reconsiderations are not a formal process so surprised they said they would reply within 30 days. Never known IRCC to reply within timelines.

Reactions: Contracts_Engineer