+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

umesh19

Sep 3, 2021
sowp applied march 31,2022.. how long it will take to get approval?

status shows below:
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
April 5, 2022 Completed.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
i got update on my spouse medical new status shows:medical pass today.
how long it takes to get decision/
i heard somewhere that after medical pass we dont get rejection. so am i expecting approval no rejection?

Nidsk

Jul 21, 2022
i got update on my spouse medical new status shows:medical pass today.
how long it takes to get decision/
i heard somewhere that after medical pass we dont get rejection. so am i expecting approval no rejection?
When did you do medical?

Nidsk

Jul 21, 2022
When did you do medical?
I am not sure in the case of pre-medical if we can consider that as approval. However hopefully it is positive.
I am also waiting for my SOWP
Request submitted on Jun 6th
Medical pass on Jul 5th
No update post that
I see some people getting approval this month and they applied on Feb

umesh19

Sep 3, 2021
I am not sure in the case of pre-medical if we can consider that as approval. However hopefully it is positive.
I am also waiting for my SOWP
Request submitted on Jun 6th
Medical pass on Jul 5th
No update post that
I see some people getting approval this month and they applied on Feb
my friend did it in may first week and he already got approval.

shrysevo9

Aug 4, 2022
Hello,
I'm on Closed work permit from Jan 2022, landed on June 24th in Toronto.
i've applied for SOWP for mywife on July 6th. This is the timeline of the applicaiton.
Biometric request : July 7th
Biometric verification : July 12, 2022 Completed
Medical Verification : July 27, 2022 You passed the medical exam. (Medical was done prior application)
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Since i had a LMIA for NOC type A, my WP got processed in two months. I have submitted my workpermit in the wife's documents.
According to me since i have a LMIA and a closed WP, this should happen soon. But IRCC might have a diffrent view on this.

Has anyone gone through the same predicament ? what were your timelines for the same ?
I checked with my employer they mentioned we cannot apply for visitor and SOWP together and that its a risk of getting rejected.

I feel i'm stuck because i applied for SOWP before applying for Visitor visa.

Ankit1997@

Jul 2, 2022
Hello, i really need urgent help regarding sowp extension.
My wife got sowp for 4 months only, basically till the end of my study permit.
As a result now she is not allowed to apply for sowp extension. She has to apply for temporary resident permit that too paper based.
Also by considering current processing time, i wont get my pgwp before my study permit gets expired. Hence I won’t be able to apply for her temporary resident permit without my work permit.
Now she has only 25 days left. What are the options to maintain the status of my wife?
Any advice would be really helpful.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,I have got 3 years of pgwp and want to apply for my spouse and 5 year old kid. Could you please advise me on what should be the content in SOP and invite letter?
spouse needs to show home ties and finances and justify how she will go back end of her stay

kid needs a visitor visa

Write an SOP - she needs to write that

You can write an Invitation letter

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello,
I'm on Closed work permit from Jan 2022, landed on June 24th in Toronto.
i've applied for SOWP for mywife on July 6th. This is the timeline of the applicaiton.
Biometric request : July 7th
Biometric verification : July 12, 2022 Completed
Medical Verification : July 27, 2022 You passed the medical exam. (Medical was done prior application)
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Since i had a LMIA for NOC type A, my WP got processed in two months. I have submitted my workpermit in the wife's documents.
According to me since i have a LMIA and a closed WP, this should happen soon. But IRCC might have a diffrent view on this.

Has anyone gone through the same predicament ? what were your timelines for the same ?
I checked with my employer they mentioned we cannot apply for visitor and SOWP together and that its a risk of getting rejected.

I feel i'm stuck because i applied for SOWP before applying for Visitor visa.
your LMIA made it come quick

As for wife avg processing time is 40 weeks but many people are getting it in 3-4 months too while many 2021 files are stuck. So one just needs luck

I checked with my employer they mentioned we cannot apply for visitor and SOWP together and that its a risk of getting rejected.Applying together is pointless. Many people in 2021 who had applied SOWP, ended up applying for a VV citing delays. Some got it while some refsued. 50-50 again here. One cannot guess.

Good Luck

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello everyone,

I appreciate your response and suggestions. My status in Canada as a worker (Employer specific) has been expired last month. However, I recently received a letter of invitation with an LMIA exemption number to work for a new employer. Since my spouse is with me in Canada, wherein I have to restore her status of her along with me, I am confused about whether I have to apply for the restoration as a worker or as a visitor. Please advise me if anyone can able to help me out.
What visa does wife have? cannot give you direction unless that is mentioned.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
sowp applied march 31,2022.. how long it will take to get approval?

status shows below:
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
April 5, 2022 Completed.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Can take 40 weeks average.

Many people are getting it in 3-4 months too

Good Luck

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello, i really need urgent help regarding sowp extension.
My wife got sowp for 4 months only, basically till the end of my study permit.
As a result now she is not allowed to apply for sowp extension. She has to apply for temporary resident permit that too paper based.
Also by considering current processing time, i wont get my pgwp before my study permit gets expired. Hence I won’t be able to apply for her temporary resident permit without my work permit.
Now she has only 25 days left. What are the options to maintain the status of my wife?
Any advice would be really helpful.
SOWP extension needs you to have a valid NOC job and 3 pay stubs