+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I'm goinf to apply for SOWP today, 30th June, 2022 my student visa is valid till 31st December, 2022.
I got refusal for first time, Is there any possibilty to got visa in October?
What did you get a refusal for?

What were the reasons for refusal?

You have just under 6 months of Study left

Are you working Part time? Are you actively enrolled?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi guys. I’m planning to submit my kid’s study visa & visitor visa from the new portal. Need help on that. Can someone help me on the same in guiding me through the procedures?
What are your questions and what is your status ?

karanthakur

Mar 15, 2021
Is there anyone who applied for SOWP without agent and applied by them self. I need help regarding 5905 which is document checklist for India. Regarding the checkbox below (To clarify I am applying online application and fresh passport never applied to Canada)

Original, valid passport and a photocopy of the biodata (photo) page. √ Include or expired passports Your , if applicable. all cancelled passport should be valid for the duration of work in Canada, as the validity of a work permit cannot exceed the validity of the passport. YES OR NO ????

Last edited:

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Is there anyone who applied for SOWP without agent and applied by them self. I need help regarding 5905 which is document checklist for India. Regarding the checkbox below (To clarify I am applying online application and fresh passport never applied to Canada)

Original, valid passport and a photocopy of the biodata (photo) page. √ Include or expired passports Your , if applicable. all cancelled passport should be valid for the duration of work in Canada, as the validity of a work permit cannot exceed the validity of the passport. YES OR NO ????
What is your question

karanthakur

Mar 15, 2021
What is your question
On the document checklist for India there is a checkbox where we have to mark the checkbox which says this : (By the way I am applying online)

MY DOUBT
Original, valid passport and a photocopy of the biodata (photo) page. √ Include or expired passports Your , if applicable. all cancelled passport should be valid for the duration of work in Canada, as the validity of a work permit cannot exceed the validity of the passport.

Tayandibu

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019

Hi @ BA101,

Thank you so much for the great work you are doing on this platform.

My wife is on a study permit which will expire Nov 30 2022 but her program will end in December 2022. The reason for this is because we had to defer her admission from Sept 2021 to Jan 2022 because of the delay in obtaining her study visa.

I also have a SOWP which expires on Nov 30 2022. I obtained it two months ago by flag pole.

Now, we want to apply for my wife's study permit extension. Can I also apply for my SOWP extension at the same time or wait for hers to be approved first?
Thank you.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi @ BA101,

Thank you so much for the great work you are doing on this platform.

My wife is on a study permit which will expire Nov 30 2022 but her program will end in December 2022. The reason for this is because we had to defer her admission from Sept 2021 to Jan 2022 because of the delay in obtaining her study visa.

I also have a SOWP which expires on Nov 30 2022. I obtained it two months ago by flag pole.

Now, we want to apply for my wife's study permit extension. Can I also apply for my SOWP extension at the same time or wait for hers to be approved first?
Thank you. if she is extending her SP , then you can apply both extensions together as long as you show all the necessary documentation

Since you have a SOWP, you can continue to work full time till the decision is made on your filing

karanthakur

Mar 15, 2021
My studies will be finish in December 2022 and my study permit is valid till April 2023 should I apply for visa I asked a agent and they suggested not to apply. What is the right thing to do ? Please guide

Janki Jadeja

Jun 7, 2022

Refusal reason:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I'll be graduate in September.

yes, I am working as a intern[part time] in an IT company

last day of study visa is 31st December, 2022

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Refusal reason:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I'll be graduate in September.

yes, I am working as a intern[part time] in an IT company

last day of study visa is 31st December, 2022
You have under 6 months of study left

Check to see if you have shown sufficient funds and established clear purpose of visit

Hire an attorney and vet your docs. If the submission looks right, then try appealing

If not get the GCMS notes and reapply

Good Luck