+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi i am in canada on student visa and applying for my husband in india. He has a family business and his dad is running the business on his name. He has a business registration document and GST registration document but he does not have any ITR for his business since his dad doesn’t pay taxes. What document should i show instead of ITR? Please suggest.
Is husband an employee in that company? Does he have pay slips? You need to show employment or business that he owns and supporting documents.

bac0n14

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
You are eligible for SOWP based on NOC job of your spouse when in PGWP

You cannot extend your SOWP along with PGWP and will need the spouse to show Job letter and 3 pay stubs and job should be NOC 0 A B
Hey, thanks!

I was able to apply my extension with my SP's 3 paystubs and NOC B job reference letter. Still waiting for the decision.
I am thinking of TRV or visitor visa (not sure about the difference) for me to have valid status if in case its rejected. My wife is also due to give birth on the same month of the deadline provided by the IRCC.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hey, thanks!

I was able to apply my extension with my SP's 3 paystubs and NOC B job reference letter. Still waiting for the decision.
I am thinking of TRV or visitor visa (not sure about the difference) for me to have valid status if in case its rejected. My wife is also due to give birth on the same month of the deadline provided by the IRCC.
To apply inland TRV, you need some valid permit is my understanding.

Without anything, you can be on implied status though

NP8994

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
Hi,
i am planning to reapply sowp from India after going for vacation. my previous application rejected from Abudhabi vo
question number 1
what should i mention in imm1295
current country or territory of residence?

country or territory where applying?

VICTORY1

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello Guys. I have applied for SOWP from India on 19th Feb'22 & completed my biometrics on 23rd Feb'22. After that no updates. Does anyone on the same timelines? Anyone received medicals?

VICTORY1

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Also when I applied for SOWP, due to my negligence, I missed adding my kids onto my file. Can I apply for Study permit under my husband's GC login or I should apply from my login? Can I wait till my SOWP getting processed to apply for my kid's study visa?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello Guys. I have applied for SOWP from India on 19th Feb'22 & completed my biometrics on 23rd Feb'22. After that no updates. Does anyone on the same timelines? Anyone received medicals?
SOWP from India has an avg processing time of around 40 weeks.

once you submit your application online, you can expect medical to get updated in 4-6 weeks
While some Jan 2022 applications are getting decisions, the trends are mostly towards Apr 2021-Dec 2021 files still and there is a huge backlog.

You can join the Facebook group for SOWP from India and check. It is very accurate Best of luck

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Also when I applied for SOWP, due to my negligence, I missed adding my kids onto my file. Can I apply for Study permit under my husband's GC login or I should apply from my login? Can I wait till my SOWP getting processed to apply for my kid's study visa?
Also when I applied for SOWP, due to my negligence, I missed adding my kids onto my file. Can I apply for Study permit under my husband's GC login or I should apply from my login? Use the account from where SOWP was submitted

Can I wait till my SOWP getting processed to apply for my kid's study visa?You can if you want to

nadirah

Jun 15, 2022
I am a current international student in Canada and hold a study as well as a work permit. When I applied for my study permit I was single and that's what was mentioned in my form as well. My study duration is September 2021 to April 2025. I then got married in October and my husband applied for his study permit after October so he wrote 'Married' in his form. His study duration is January 2022 to August 2022. However the school website says that the program duration is 1 year. So we're guessing his PGWP will be granted for a duration of 1 year.

He is also hoping to get into another program in Canada from Jan 2023 so he can get total 2 years of study and 3 years of PGWP.

However , if that doesn't work out we wanted to have other options open as well.

What we're hoping is for him to complete the study program he is in now, and then he’ll work during the 1 year PGWP he gets and then have him work on a SOWP. We need advice on the same and find whether it is possible. If yes, how should we proceed.

VICTORY1

Star Member
May 16, 2018
SOWP from India has an avg processing time of around 40 weeks.

once you submit your application online, you can expect medical to get updated in 4-6 weeks
While some Jan 2022 applications are getting decisions, the trends are mostly towards Apr 2021-Dec 2021 files still and there is a huge backlog.

You can join the Facebook group for SOWP from India and check. It is very accurate Best of luck
Thanks @BA101. I dint get my Medicals yet. Not sure if I should wait or check on my status through web form?
I just joined SOWP from India Fb group.