+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

ghkhuu88

May 1, 2022
Hello,

I am holding an LMIA-exempt closed work permit (NOC 2121, skill level B with 3 pay stubs) and my spouse has a spouse open work permit. I am wondering if anyone has or had a spouse open work permit could help me with the following questions:

1. In the case that I can extend my contract and renew my closed work permit, can my spouse's work permit be renewed at the same time as mine?
  2. During the renewal process, I know that I can continue working after my permit expires if I renew at least 30-day before the current one expires. However, does this also apply to my spouse's open work permit situation? Can he continue working during the renewal process if his permit expires? I'm not sure if the "maintained/implied status" can be applied to my spouse.
  3. Another question is should my spouse switch to a closed work permit sponsored by his employer so that he can work undisrupted? If my spouse changes his open work permit to a closed work permit, can he work under his current open work permit while the closed work permit is being processed?
My spouse is having a job that he loves, so we are trying to figure out the best way that he can continue working without any interruption. I really appreciate your shared experiences and thought!

Bhavikarpit

Dec 11, 2021
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
I have applied for Sowp on 4/4/22 With student permit for my kids no update till now so anybody knows how much time it will take for processing these applications in land

nouman.mohd

Jul 4, 2017
My wife received sowp on feb2022 and we never checked until now,
Is it Possible if we request to stamp the passport this time.
The ppr received on feb2nd

vikas_cs

Apr 25, 2022
Hi,

whats the significance of EMPLOYMENT LOCATION mentioned on Spouse Open Work Permit? Is it restrict the spouse to workfrom any other location.
Thanks

lydy

Oct 25, 2021
I came to Canada as a visitor on a 6mth visa and when I landed I apply for sowp, but since I submit I have not gotten any update from irccc.can anyone guide me on the situation I am. I have submitted my spousal open work permit since April 2 but I have not gotten any response yet, can I do upfront medicals and submit through webform or wait for ircc to request for medical.

my husband is an international student , he just graduated and applied for his pgwp after I submitted my sowp, and he has a job offer already, what can we submit to ircc to fast track his pgwp application

Please any suggestion or advice is welcome

lydy

Oct 25, 2021
Please friends, look into my situation for any advice you can offer me.
I came to Canada as a visitor on a 6mth visa and when I landed I apply for sowp,as at now, I have spent 3mth in Canada, my visa expires in 3mths time, but since I submitted I have not gotten any update from irccc. can anyone guide me on this situation I am. I have submitted my spousal open work permit since April 2 but I have not gotten any response yet nor medical request, can I do upfront medicals and submit through webform or wait for ircc to request for medical.

my husband is an international student , he just graduated and applied for his pgwp after I submitted my sowp, and he has a job offer already, what can we submit to ircc to fast track his pgwp application

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please friends, look into my situation for any advice you can offer me.
I came to Canada as a visitor on a 6mth visa and when I landed I apply for sowp,as at now, I have spent 3mth in Canada, my visa expires in 3mths time, but since I submitted I have not gotten any update from irccc. can anyone guide me on this situation I am. I have submitted my spousal open work permit since April 2 but I have not gotten any response yet nor medical request, can I do upfront medicals and submit through webform or wait for ircc to request for medical.

Sounds like you don’t qualify for an SOWP yet. When your spouse has PGWP a job with NOC 0, A or B a 3 pay stubs then you can apply for SOWP.

VICTORY1

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi guys. I’m planning to submit my kid’s study visa & visitor visa from the new portal. Need help on that. Can someone help me on the same in guiding me through the procedures?

Janki Jadeja

Jun 7, 2022
I'm goinf to apply for SOWP today, 30th June, 2022 my student visa is valid till 31st December, 2022.
I got refusal for first time, Is there any possibilty to got visa in October?