+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

sriramdpak88

Mar 11, 2022
Looking for advise and guidance to strengthen my re-application of SOWP and SP (child) which was earlier refused for following: - Refused by Abu Dhabi VO.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Looking for advise and guidance to strengthen my re-application of SOWP and SP (child) which was earlier refused for following: - Refused by Abu Dhabi VO.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
Order GCMS notes. What is your status in Canada and when does your permit expire? Does your spouse and child live in their country of citizenship?

sriramdpak88

Mar 11, 2022
Thank you. Have already requested and waiting for Notes. Spouse is on Student permit but not inside canada yet. May 22 intake but taking online classes. SOWP for self and VV for child applied from UAE - because of living and working in UAE.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. Have already requested and waiting for Notes. Spouse is on Student permit but not inside canada yet. May 22 intake but taking online classes. SOWP for self and VV for child applied from UAE - because of living and working in UAE.
So spouse is not studying in Canada. That may be an issue. SOWPs are not guaranteed so need to show that you will return to home country after studies since you are in UAE. When does your UAE permit expire? The reason spouse got a permit may be because you and your child will remain back.

sriramdpak88

Mar 11, 2022
So spouse is not studying in Canada. That may be an issue. SOWPs are not guaranteed so need to show that you will return to home country after studies since you are in UAE. When does your UAE permit expire? The reason spouse got a permit may be because you and your child will remain back.
Yes your point is valid that spouse has not reached CAN yet and regarding initial approval of SP. 2 yrs residency visa that is due for renewal in Sep 22. What can I do to strengthen my file to show I will return back after approved duration of stay. Have already submitted house property details in CA evaluation, explained that both parents and in laws need help and support due to ageing and that employable opportunities back in india after return. Now what can I more try?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes your point is valid that spouse has not reached CAN yet and regarding initial approval of SP. 2 yrs residency visa that is due for renewal in Sep 22. What can I do to strengthen my file to show I will return back after approved duration of stay. Have already submitted house property details in CA evaluation, explained that both parents and in laws need help and support due to ageing and that employable opportunities back in india after return. Now what can I more try?
So your residency visa expires soon. That is an issue. When did you and your child last live in India? If not for a long time then you aren’t returning to UAE and have weak ties to India. Your spouse was approved because you and your child are the ties for your spouse to return to UAE or India.

So parents and in laws are in UAE? If not, saying you will support them is not valid as you don’t live in india now and wanting to come to Canada for 2+ years to work. Employment opportunities are 2+ years away. Have you considered moving back to establish ties as you don’t have ties to return? Do you have rental property with tenants? If your child is school age then apply for study permit.

How long is your spouse program?

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hi my friends,

I am on my SOWP which expires soon and my spouse has just lodged his application to extend his student permit, we are both in Canada (QC), I am currently unemployed.
My question is, what are my options to remain in Canada if my SOWP expires before my partner obtains his new student permit (which I believe is the essential document for the renewal of my SOWP)?
My partner's student permit is also expiring soon but since he has submitted his application for a renewal, I believe he has the rights to stay until the visa decision is make. Should I change my status to a foreign visitor while waiting for my partner's new permit? Do I need to exit Canada or perhaps do a flagpoling to activate my new permit when I obtain mine?

Thanks

jyotimishra

Feb 16, 2020
Hi All,

I am applying for spousal visa. I wanted to know the list of mandatory(important) documents to show the proof of relationship with my spouse.
I am having the following documents:-
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Marriage pics ( Whatsapp chat, bank account transaction details, emails ) and Marriage Invitation Letter.

Please let me know.

bac0n14

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
Hey guys,

My work permit expired back in March but I was able to apply for extension before the expiry. Now that I am on implied status, I wanted to plan ahead on what may come.

The work permit is dependent on SP's PGWP which is still under processing status. We are expecting it to be processed this month.

Meanwhile, my work permit is expected to be processed by July but we are not sure of what the outcome will be.

1. If its refused, can I re-apply immediately and continue working based on implied status again? Or have to stop even if re-application is done?
2. Is it advisable to get a TRV while waiting for the extension?
3. If in case it gets refused based on NOC, what should be our next steps? Can we flagpole on expired work permit? Or does the TRV needs to come first before we can do flagpoling?
4. Does flagpoling require the PGWP to be present to confirm the NOC code?
5. In the event that the PGWP was refused, do both PGWP and OWP have to stop working even if OWP is still waiting for the decision?

Reactions: Miracle2018

Nancy124

Jun 2, 2022
Hi i am in canada on student visa and applying for my husband in india. He has a family business and his dad is running the business on his name. He has a business registration document and GST registration document but he does not have any ITR for his business since his dad doesn’t pay taxes. What document should i show instead of ITR? Please suggest.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi All,

I am applying for spousal visa. I wanted to know the list of mandatory(important) documents to show the proof of relationship with my spouse.
I am having the following documents:-
1. Marriage Certificate
2. Marriage pics ( Whatsapp chat, bank account transaction details, emails ) and Marriage Invitation Letter.

Please let me know.
There is no standard list but you may attach all this to establish proof of relationship. If they need anything more/specific you will receive an Additional Doc Request

Reactions: Miracle2018

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hey guys,

My work permit expired back in March but I was able to apply for extension before the expiry. Now that I am on implied status, I wanted to plan ahead on what may come.

The work permit is dependent on SP's PGWP which is still under processing status. We are expecting it to be processed this month.

Meanwhile, my work permit is expected to be processed by July but we are not sure of what the outcome will be.

1. If its refused, can I re-apply immediately and continue working based on implied status again? SOWP is dependent on the spouse Job and conditionsOr have to stop even if re-application is done?
2. Is it advisable to get a TRV while waiting for the extension?How will you get a TRV? On what basis?
3. If in case it gets refused based on NOC, what should be our next steps? Can we flagpole on expired work permit? Or does the TRV needs to come first before we can do flagpoling?If refused, you have to reapply after spouse has qualifying job and pay stubs
4. Does flagpoling require the PGWP to be present to confirm the NOC code?
5. In the event that the PGWP was refused, do both PGWP and OWP have to stop working even if OWP is still waiting for the decision?
You are eligible for SOWP based on NOC job of your spouse when in PGWP

You cannot extend your SOWP along with PGWP and will need the spouse to show Job letter and 3 pay stubs and job should be NOC 0 A B