+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

Reshmabanu

Dec 27, 2018
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income and assets.
• Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• I am not satisfied you have the funds to support you and your families stay in Canada.
please explain the above points

Rokeshbheemaiah

Aug 8, 2020
Bengaluru
Category........
STUDY
Hi, I'm pursuing my masters which will be completed in Aug' 23. Entered Canada in May' 22 with study permit validity till Sep' 24. My wife is conceived and expecting in Nov' 22. Planning to apply in Dec'22 for sowp and Kid visitor visa.

Can anyone provide me the details on how to apply in this case?

Last edited:

prakaz

Jun 30, 2022
Am in Canada , having closed work permit ,.
Can my Spouse open work permit holder (my wife ) with kids ( under 4 years ) , travel to Canada with out me ?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I have applied for Open work permit and waiting the result after medical updated as PASS. any idea how long it make take?
Applied from India
No timeline for this

Some people get in the same day while some take a few weeks to few months. Good Luck

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi, I'm pursuing my masters which will be completed in Aug' 23. Entered Canada in May' 22 with study permit validity till Sep' 24. My wife is conceived and expecting in Nov' 22. Planning to apply in Dec'22 for sowp and Kid visitor visa.

Can anyone provide me the details on how to apply in this case?
Wife needs SOWP - has to show her own funds, purpose of visit and home ties

Kid needs a visitor visa

Vivekverma202

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hello guys,
after how many days we can link up the permanent residence application and SOWP application to my online account??
it's been 3 weeks since my application's delivered still not able to link it. Please help me out.
Thank you

THUKRALD

Jan 31, 2019
Hi,I have got 3 years of pgwp and want to apply for my spouse and 5 year old kid. Could you please advise me on what should be the content in SOP and invite letter?

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hello everyone,

I appreciate your response and suggestions. My status in Canada as a worker (Employer specific) has been expired last month. However, I recently received a letter of invitation with an LMIA exemption number to work for a new employer. Since my spouse is with me in Canada, wherein I have to restore her status of her along with me, I am confused about whether I have to apply for the restoration as a worker or as a visitor. Please advise me if anyone can able to help me out.

umesh19

Sep 3, 2021
sowp applied march 31,2022.. how long it will take to get approval?

status shows below:
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
April 5, 2022 Completed.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Nidsk

Jul 21, 2022
sowp applied march 31,2022.. how long it will take to get approval?

status shows below:
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
April 5, 2022 Completed.
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
From where you applied?