+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP, ask me anything.

pixydust

Feb 16, 2022
Hi There

Thank you for offering help.

Background:
We carry Indian passports living in the States. Our ICT is approved yesterday. Yet to send the passport for stamping.

My question:
To apply for SOWP, do I need to submit the work permit stamped on the passport for the spouse and main applicant or can I apply without work permit stamped for both? I am asking because after the survey questions online CIC website didn't mention approved work permit stamping at all in required documents.

Thanks in advance.

SagarPi

Dec 5, 2021
I travelled to Canada with my wife on 31st Oct 2021.
I am holding a (dependent visa) Temporary resident visa. My wife has a closed work permit.
I have raised SOWP on Dec 09, 2021. My online application is complete. I am waiting for a decision on the work permit.
While applying for the Work permit the processing time was 130 days.
According to that, should I expect to receive any reply on 18th April ? Or is it taking more than 130 or 133 days?

I am looking for an answer as I am remotely working for my home country company and I have to tell them my last working day and month. Thank you.

Raised a complete SOWP: 09th Dec 2021
Just to update people waiting for approval on the Spousal open work permit.
I got the approval letter. It took almost 140 days but positive results.

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
I am on a work permit (Since 16 December 2021 to 16 December 2024) and living in Ottawa, Canada. I came here as a student in December 2019 and my wife (PAYAL RAJENDRAKUMAR PRAJAPATI) applied for spousal open work permit (SOWP) and visa on 15 October 2020(late applied due to corona) and her biometric was done on 28 January 2021.

We got message from IRCC on 6 December 2021 about submitting all the documents again in 15 days and she submitted them in due time. We have not got any update since then and it has been 18 months since we submitted profile and more than 62 weeks since biometrics is done.

It is frustrating to wait for more than 1.5 years and living apart from each-other just after we got married in December 2019. This is affecting our career, future plans and mental health in negative manner.

I kindly request your help in this regard and what should I do?

Should I submit new file?
Her visiter visa got rejected whn I applied from Canada on behalf of her in December 2021.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you

DISDAT

Oct 28, 2021
Hi there. Got my Student Permit approved but my Spouse Open Work Permit is still under review. Is this normal? We applied together under SDS. Thanks.

LartLM

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hello
I am hoping someone can help me with this and provide some information.

So my wife is an international student in Canada and I have just been approved a TRV to go visit her with my daughter, I land in Canada next week and want to apply for the SOWP (Spouse open work permit) when I land since I am eligible to apply. My question is

1. How long should I wait to send in my application?

2. Can anyone provide me with documents I would need to submit to ensure my application is approved?

Also regarding my daughter who is 20 months old... can i apply for a visitor record when I land or how long should I wait?

Thanks

Apr 27, 2022
I traveled to Canada with my wife on 31st Oct 2021.
I hold a (dependent visa) Temporary resident visa. My wife have a closed work permit.
I have raised SOWP on Dec 09, 2021. Application is complete.I am waiting for decision on work-permit.
In the mean time I got an offer letter from a Canadian Company to work with whenever I receive my open work permit.
If I raise a web-form stating that I have a Canadian job-offer, is there any chance I might receive the work permit early and then I can start working with Canadian company within a month?

Raise a complete SOWP: 09th Dec 2021
Waiting for decision..
Hi, did you get your sowp approved? We applied sowp for my husband on Jan 07 2022 but we haven't got any update. Just checking the timelines of others' sowp approval so we know when will we get our PPR.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Success900

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
please does anyone get this message after sent webform ? If yes please does anyone get approval after this message ? I submitted in Warsaw it’s 9 weeks now and my review started March 2 after medical has been updated March 7

Dear Madam/Sir,

File: *********

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be informed that your application is being reviewed.

We will contact you as soon as we are ready to communicate further requirements or a decision to you.

We trust that the above information will be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
please does anyone get this message after sent webform ? If yes please does anyone get approval after this message ? I submitted in Warsaw it’s 9 weeks now and my review started March 2 after medical has been updated March 7

Dear Madam/Sir,

File: *********

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please be informed that your application is being reviewed.

We will contact you as soon as we are ready to communicate further requirements or a decision to you.

We trust that the above information will be of assistance to you.

Sincerely,
I submitted webform 5 weeks ago but haven’t heard back anything from IRCC .

DISDAT

Oct 28, 2021
Normal. SOWPs may not be processed at the same time.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea of how long it could take for my spouse to get her OPW? It's been 3 weeks since I received my approval. Still nothing for her and my children. Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea of how long it could take for my spouse to get her OPW? It's been 3 weeks since I received my approval. Still nothing for her and my children. Thanks in advance.
Depends where you live and processing times for open work permits. If children are school age, did you apply for their study permits too?

Reactions: DISDAT

DISDAT

Oct 28, 2021
Depends where you live and processing times for open work permits. If children are school age, did you apply for their study permits too?
I did, it was the whole package, us four with my SDS application. Only my application has been approved, the others are still on background check.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did, it was the whole package, us four with my SDS application. Only my application has been approved, the others are still on background check.
The other applications don’t have to be processed in conjunction with your application. All you can do is wait.

Reactions: DISDAT