Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
rjessome said:
The letter is not fake. Who would want to fake that???? This is my profession and I certainly would not do that to anyone! I have clients who are devastated by this. I wish it was fake and that I didn't see it with my own eyes. :'(
Would you suggest people who have been cashed and not received their AOR to apply through EE. App received October 10th

kiransar

Dec 17, 2014
rjessome said:
The letter is not fake. Who would want to fake that???? This is my profession and I certainly would not do that to anyone! I have clients who are devastated by this. I wish it was fake and that I didn't see it with my own eyes. :'(
Your quite helpful, can also advice on best steps for EE

jaffa83

Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Exp Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2015
AOR Received.
4/7/2015
Passport Req..
7/16/2015
VISA ISSUED...
7/24/2015
LANDED..........
8/5/2015
CIC will never send any letter with such a large details. The letter contains a lot of irrelevant information usually it shouldn't. So, I am ruling it as a fake though I do not want it personal with anyone. If the cap has been reached, then the CIC call center will be the one first notified to alert the Applicants. So, if they do not have the information implies that the cap hasn't been reached.

kiransar

Dec 17, 2014
jaffa83 said:
CIC will never send any letter with such a large details. The letter contains a lot of irrelevant information usually it shouldn't. So, I am ruling it as a fake though I do not want it personal with anyone. If the cap has been reached, then the CIC call center will be the one first notified to alert the Applicants. So, if they do not have the information implies that the cap hasn't been reached.
I would have agreed with your statement. I am currently in denial mode too. But found out 2-3 people confirmed verbally that they too recieved the Cap reached mail along with their respective applicantions. I am too much angry on myself with delay in applying. I could have been easily been September applicant. I delayed after my CELPIP score. Now I am figuring in Dec 02 applicant recieved. My scope getting through is very bleak.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hegarty147 said:
Would you suggest people who have been cashed and not received their AOR to apply through EE. App received October 10th
You've got nothing to lose by entering EE but I think you're ok. The latest word from a colleague was their contact at CIC stated the CAP reached 8000 with the last application dated received on October 20th.

I know there is that report of the guy who says his application is being returned yet his bank draft was cashed. But despite searching many threads, I could not find the "source" of this. I'm not saying it didn't happen as CIC has definitely been known to make mistakes but out of the hundreds of people on this forum and dozens of colleagues buzzing about the CAP, I have yet to hear about this happening to anyone else. So perhaps it did happen by mistake. But I would really like to hear it from the source.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jaffa83 said:
Hey, I know this is awful. I've had to make some difficult phone calls today to very disappointed clients. But please don't state what CIC "will never" do. You have no idea what they will or won't do. CIC is not the well-oiled machine you imagine it to be. The call centre is fill with a bunch of well-meaning clerks who are given a few days of training and access to the Act and Regulations. These well-meaning individuals are then thrown to the wolves and have to try to answer the questions of very stressed, sometimes hysterical individuals who have very little understanding of immigration law. These poor clerks are often the LAST people to know what's going on in the Department yet they are on the front lines. What a terrible job that must be! I suspect that's why they have a very high turnover as well. They're poorly trained IMHO, have to deal with questions they don't know how to answer, and often give incorrect information. So while your faith in these brave clerks at the Call Centre is admirable, as a Canadian and an immigration practitioner, I see it as a waste of my tax dollars and wish they would give these people the training they need to actually be able to provide the help they are trying to give.

If you knew the applicable law you would know that the information is not irrelevant to the Canadian Experience Class. Yes, it is probably unnecessary for the letter to provide a re-cap of the Ministerial Instructions but definitely not irrelevant.

So if it makes you feel better, go on believing it's fake. I wouldn't blame you really. It's pretty horrible the way they mis-managed this CAP system but yet is EXACTLY the same as how they managed the FSW caps for various NOC codes in 2012. If anyone is still around from those days, they will remember this same kind of thing happening.

Thanks scylla! ;)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rjessome said:
Hey, I know this is awful. I've had to make some difficult phone calls today to very disappointed clients. But please don't state what CIC "will never" do. You have no idea what they will or won't do. CIC is not the well-oiled machine you imagine it to be. The call centre is fill with a bunch of well-meaning clerks who are given a few days of training and access to the Act and Regulations. These well-meaning individuals are then thrown to the wolves and have to try to answer the questions of very stressed, sometimes hysterical individuals who have very little understanding of immigration law. These poor clerks are often the LAST people to know what's going on in the Department yet they are on the front lines. What a terrible job that must be! I suspect that's why they have a very high turnover as well. They're poorly trained IMHO, have to deal with questions they don't know how to answer, and often give incorrect information. So while your faith in these brave clerks at the Call Centre is admirable, as a Canadian and an immigration practitioner, I see it as a waste of my tax dollars and wish they would give these people the training they need to actually be able to provide the help they are trying to give.

If you knew the applicable law you would know that the information is not irrelevant to the Canadian Experience Class. Yes, it is probably unnecessary for the letter to provide a re-cap of the Ministerial Instructions but definitely not irrelevant.

So if it makes you feel better, go on believing it's fake. I wouldn't blame you really. It's pretty horrible the way they mis-managed this CAP system but yet is EXACTLY the same as how they managed the FSW caps for various NOC codes in 2012. If anyone is still around from those days, they will remember this same kind of thing happening.

Thanks scylla! ;)
You're welcome. :)

And I'll say it again for anyone who missed it the first time. Rjessome is a long and very trusted member of this forum. Assume the information provided above is 100% accurate. The letters unfortunately are not fake.

hemishpatel

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
HI
I had applied under NOC O
0621 as an assistant manager. ..
Does this category caps is also full?

Or it only for NOC B.

Plz let me know soon

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hemishpatel said:
HI

Or it only for NOC B.

Plz let me know soon
The category caps don't matter. Once the overall cap is reached CIC stops processing applications for all categories.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hemishpatel said:
HI

Or it only for NOC B.

Plz let me know soon
cap is for total not certain NOC , sorry

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Another person in Oct thread (Dento14) confirmed that his file was returned yesterday -

'Hi all,

My application was received on October 23, and I got my application back in my mail yesterday (Jan, 29)with a letter explaining that the cap of 8000 has been reached. '

yycsilverback

Jan 4, 2015
rjessome said:
It's pretty horrible the way they mis-managed this CAP system but yet is EXACTLY the same as how they managed the FSW caps for various NOC codes in 2012. If anyone is still around from those days, they will remember this same kind of thing happening.

Thanks scylla! ;)
Looks like I'll be heading home, from the sounds of it... well, can't say I haven't tried, been fighting the Canadian Immi bureaucrats for almost 3 years.
I remember them ditching the applications for FSW program because the backlog was measured in YEARS. Talk about waste of taxpayers money. And imagine how those people felt, after waiting YEARS for their paperwork to come through to be told they just need to apply again.

Cheers Roxanne!
Tiocfaidh ár lá! In Canada - or somewhere else.

rum1man001

Sep 4, 2014
CAP 8000 is for CEC, which is 25500 for FSW including 500 Phd and 5000 for FST

check out this bulletin in CIC website for reference:

Operational Bulletin 572 – April 29, 2014

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yysilverback : ifi were you, I'd still apply for express entry. With 3 years of experience, you never know how close you're to success before you even stop trying.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my application back today. it was sent by regular mail(canada post) on 23rd of January, 2015. I've 1.5 years of continuous full time verifyable work experience and all the documents to proove the same. I belong to 2174(NOC List A category).

The reason they said on the explanation letter is that the CAP is reached.

They sent my Bank Draft along with my application. which means that the ones who got charged, might get lucky !
Congrats guys! Pray for us too!